Ufc sabotages lower weight class ppvs

I it is very evident that the ufc is doing everything they can to PROVE they aren’t, and to me it appears to be intentional to show just how incapable they are. 1 great fight, 1 okay fight, and 7 crap fights are in no way supportive of a champ and trying to elevate their power.

I respect your answer, but how else can you justify having an utterly shit ppv outside of ONE fight.
your hypothesis doens't hold up. see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_220. 2 great fights and 9 crap ones. but they aren't manlets.

the fact you just said "1 great fight and 1 ok fight" kinda proves that you agree there is a lack of pulling power. FFS, which fight this weekend is "just ok"? the DJ fight?

anyway, i still think you're on the wrong track. i'm not saying you're wrong, so much as i think you're trying to solve the wrong problem, therefore your "answer" isn't accurately addressing the "problem". i won't debate it though; but i hope you consider the validity of what i'm saying. cheers.

You think it is outside the prerogative of the ufc to show that they are extremely low ppv draws (both mm and tj on same card) to prove that the superfight wouldn’t earn them high pay as dj wishes?

By the way, you could have spoken directly to me rather than at the “audience”. Dana just hosed ngannou for his shit show. He has talked shit on GSP to the point of slander. He has disrespected nearly every and any (Woodley, Silva for example) champion if he takes issue with them. To pretend he is incapable of a calculated sabotage would be naive.
yes dana goes full retard sometimes, it's known. but to think that he's sabotaging people like that, his own product, nah. the thing is, WHY would he stack a card with MM in the co-main? also I'm not sure how much dillashaw and cody beef can sell. last time they were under GSP and bisping. not sure if it would be a wise thing to stack a card like that

[
your hypothesis doens't hold up. see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_220. 2 great fights and 9 crap ones. but they aren't manlets.

the fact you just said "1 great fight and 1 ok fight" kinda proves that you agree there is a lack of pulling power. FFS, which fight this weekend is "just ok"? the DJ fight?

anyway, i still think you're on the wrong track. i'm not saying you're wrong, so much as i think you're trying to solve the wrong problem, therefore your solution isn't the correct one.
good point. Then the fact of the matter should be the ufc shouldn’t be putting this on PPV if is so clear to be low buys.

yes dana goes full retard sometimes, it's known. but to think that he's sabotaging people like that, his own product, nah. the thing is, WHY would he stack a card with MM in the co-main? also I'm not sure how much dillashaw and cody beef can sell. last time they were under GSP and bisping. not sure if it would be a wise thing to stack a card like that
Good point. The question would then of course be, why make it a ppv? My answer would be to prove to them how low drawing they are as a way to keep their pay down for negotiations.

Good point. The question would then of course be, why make it a ppv? My answer would be to prove to them how low drawing they are as a way to keep their pay down for negotiations.
champs fight in PPVs. MM spent some time fighting on free tv because he simply didn't sell enough, now he's back being co-main to ppv

I’m 100% in support of that, but that is truly beside the point.
Not really. My point is unless it's a huge main event every card with DJ as co main is gonna look a little weak in the era of watered down cards. Gone are the days of UFC 100. UFC doesn't have a lot of huge stars left. TJ Cody is a great fight though

I'd be interested in watching it if DJ weren't on it. The thought of having to sit for 45 minutes of the intro to and the actual fight bores me to tears.

You have no point. You can replace TJ vs. Cody with Conor vs. Khabib and keep the rest of the card the same and it would do 5x more PPV buys than UFC 226 even if Holloway and Oretga didn't get canceled.

Stacked doesn't mean shit what matters is big names that headline. Do you think May Mac is one of the most stacked boxing cards of all time? You out of your mind?
No but they had Davis who is a 20 and 0 prospect with 19 KOs on the Co Main. Thats not a bad fighter to showcase under them

They also showcased another undefeated fighter that night in the opening bout.

But i dont agree this card is weak

You get Cub and Thiago Santos. You also were supposed to get Gus

The reason why the card won do well is.. Nobody cares

Manlet Mouse is an infamous negative draw. People leave the arena in droves DURING his fights when he is the main event. After all these years, his big clip is barely flipping a fellow manlet into an okay submission that only worked because the other guy was a manlet.

That seems like an ill fated business plan.

No but they had Davis who is a 20 and 0 prospect with 19 KOs on the Co Main. Thats not a bad fighter to showcase under them

They also showcased another undefeated fighter that night in the opening bout.

But i dont agree this card is weak

You get Cub and Thiago Santos. You also were supposed to get Gus

The reason why the card won do well is.. Nobody cares

Like I said, compare this to UFC 190 which Ronda headlined, and tell me it's weak.

The narrative that UFC stacks Conor/Ronda cards and sabotages manlets is retarded, especially since Conor himself is a manlet.

Haha yea it really is in the UFCs best interest to not have draws at the lower weight classes. Good point

Maybe nobody wants to see an 11 yo who plays fortnite fight

I wish UFC just cancelled lower weight classes so crybabies like you would just shoot yourself

I think the bigger problem is how lighter classes are presented. To most people, card placement is a factor in how they see a fighter and weight class. If a guy goes from prelims to a title fight, he's seen as a nobody. MM has beaten good-great fighters but he's seen as beating nobodies because they aren't known.

In contrast, Rousey was a big deal because people knew her opposition. They were given prime ppv spots. They were treated as a big deal and fans followed suit. The UFC has never treated smaller weight classes like that.

holy shit, the guy thinks that the ufc SABOTAGE it's own product. he's insane. granted dana is vindictive and all that, but it's not to sabotage it's product, sometimes dana just does dana things
Well duh everyone knows dana hates money and success, why would he want the company he is president of to succeed?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back