Ufc sabotages lower weight class ppvs

The card is not stacked, nor is it barren.

It's an okay card overall.

Conor vs Diaz 2 was the UFCs biggest ever PPV and it was hardly stacked.

Co main was Glover vs Rumble
Cerrone vs Story

No different to what you claim Dana is doing to MM PPVs. Fact is MM can't sell shit. He's 5'3. Has no charisma. Has no desire to even pretend to want to fight legit challenges.

DJ agrees with you. Dana counters and says it's not a lack of promotion, it's a lack of drawing power.

you agree with DJ, others agree with Dana. i think you're both a little right.

135 didn't draw either, until the whole Dillisnake thing happened. that is just one more piece of evidence that suggests it's not about fighting that draws fans, but controversy. Evans v Rampage, Brock v anyone....these are not the best fights, but they are the ones that get the most attention from the biggest majority of fans.

and DJ is utterly non-controversial. so is Stipe. so is Aldo, to a degree. Cruz was, and so was TJ when he fought Cruz.

so while i think you and Dana are both a little right, i also think you're both mostly wrong.
I admit that they aren’t big draws. I am not pretending that they’d magically be 800k buys with a stacked card. However, it is very evident that the ufc is doing everything they can to PROVE they aren’t, and to me it appears to be intentional to show just how incapable they are. 1 great fight, 1 okay fight, and 7 crap fights are in no way supportive of a champ and trying to elevate their power.

I respect your answer, but how else can you justify having an utterly shit ppv outside of ONE fight. It’s absurd. Even if these guys were absolute hogs on ppv, the rest of the card is so lack luster many people would avoid paying the $60.

Conor vs Diaz 2 was the UFCs biggest ever PPV and it was hardly stacked.

Co main was Glover vs Rumble
Cerrone vs Story

No different to what you claim Dana is doing to MM PPVs. Fact is MM can't sell shit. He's 5'3. Has no charisma. Has no desire to even pretend to want to fight legit challenges.
Mm is not a draw. I agree. Completely. So why put him in a ppv with shit fights? To prove he isn’t. To show he should accept the super fight for 500k instead of 2 mil. Conor Diaz 2 wasn’t stacked, but it wasn’t shit like this. Cerrone is solid ppv support, and the co main was still exciting.

Also, Conor and Diaz are two of the sports biggest draws of all time.

Mm is not a draw. I agree. Completely. So why put him in a ppv with shit fights? To prove he isn’t. To show he should accept the super fight for 500k instead of 2 mil. Conor Diaz 2 wasn’t stacked, but it wasn’t shit like this. Cerrone is solid ppv support, and the co main was still exciting.

Also, Conor and Diaz are two of the sports biggest draws of all time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_190

How is UFC 190 more stacked than 227 if you include the Gustafsson bout? And the card was in Brazil, where PPVs historically do much worse - see Silva's numbers for UFC 134

Was UFC trying to sabotage Ronda's PPV drawing power too? You're full of shit. Probably a troll who got banned in May.

Lower weight classes sabotage themselves by not being as entertaining.

If they were to put MM on any card except Conor, it would cause less people to buy it.

Why don't you cry me a river?

giphy.gif

Very true.

they stack the cards with these huge draws to promote the rest of the fighters, not the other way around

but yeah this card sucks for a ppv

Stacking 2 title fights at the top plus a top FW and top LHW bout is sabotaging a card? Are you retarded? Take a look at Ronda vs. Bethe's main card, was the UFC trying to sabotage Ronda's drawing power too?

Translation: I don't have an argument so I'm bitching out. You're just a troll who's probably a manlet.
holy shit, the guy thinks that the ufc SABOTAGE it's own product. he's insane. granted dana is vindictive and all that, but it's not to sabotage it's product, sometimes dana just does dana things

UFC is in a shitty position with DJ. No one will want to see him fight but he's a long reigning champion so he has to be at least co-main. He doesn't have drawing power at all. They need to scrap 125 and move them all up. My bulimic ex gf weighed 125lbs

Last edited:
holy shit, the guy thinks that the ufc SABOTAGE it's own product. he's insane. granted dana is vindictive and all that, but it's not to sabotage it's product, sometimes dana just does dana things

You think it is outside the prerogative of the ufc to show that they are extremely low ppv draws (both mm and tj on same card) to prove that the superfight wouldn’t earn them high pay as dj wishes?

By the way, you could have spoken directly to me rather than at the “audience”. Dana just hosed ngannou for his shit show. He has talked shit on GSP to the point of slander. He has disrespected nearly every and any (Woodley, Silva for example) champion if he takes issue with them. To pretend he is incapable of a calculated sabotage would be naive.

UFC is in a shitty position with DJ. No one will want to see him fight but he's a long reigning champion so he has to be at least co-main. He doesn't have drawing power at all. They need to scrap 125 and move them all up.
I’m 100% in support of that, but that is truly beside the point.

Back