Ufc sabotages lower weight class ppvs

very clear any time a smaller weight class headlines a ppv that ufc fills it with shit fights like a free fight. Any time huge draws (Conor, Ronda, gsp, Lesnar) are on a ppv it’s stacked so heavy it’s mind blowing. Now we have an awesome main event, solid co main, and the rest is a free fight card essentially. It should be criminal how the ufc uses this type of tactic to keep lower weight classes down in contract talks, because obviously this fight isn’t gonna sell more than 150k. Shame.

The ufc will use this ppv as way to show tj and dj that they will fight for no increase in pay.
Lol. Look back at rousey cards and think again. Even some Mcgregor cards.

Put it this way, for a dj ppv to sell, he can’t be the main event.

other big name fighters refuse to fight on same card as them, as they want PPV points.

very clear any time a smaller weight class headlines a ppv that ufc fills it with shit fights like a free fight. Any time huge draws (Conor, Ronda, gsp, Lesnar) are on a ppv it’s stacked so heavy it’s mind blowing. Now we have an awesome main event, solid co main, and the rest is a free fight card essentially. It should be criminal how the ufc uses this type of tactic to keep lower weight classes down in contract talks, because obviously this fight isn’t gonna sell more than 150k. Shame.

The ufc will use this ppv as way to show tj and dj that they will fight for no increase in pay.

It is hilarious that you accuse the UFC of doing things to limit its own income.

They even gave James Toney a fight. They gave Punk 2 fights.

The UFC can and would do anything to make more money.

Manlets don't sell. I respect their skills, but its like watching 12 year olds fight.

It is hilarious that you accuse the UFC of doing things to limit its own income.

Manlets don't sell. I respect their skills, but its like watching 12 year olds fight.
The ufc knows they won’t sell, and they did little to help bolster the card. I should have, instead, said that the ufc knows their light divisions won’t sell, so they put both champions on the same card wth little other interesting fights and call it a ppv. I still believe this will be used as a negotiation tactic for both champions.

“Look, you guys both couldn’t sell shit together, why do either of you think you deserve to be “paid” to fight one another?”

Countless boxers would tell you otherwise. Controversy is what sells. A good story artfully told also sells. Greatness sells but someone has to be pounding the pulpit. Relegating some of your finest fighters to mediocre cards just because they don’t sell themselves with idiotic antics is just plain dumb. And having a myriad of commercials on shitty networks isn’t helping especially when those networks are the same ones that carry free UFC fights (more or less free). I do get that a fighter like MM will never draw unless the UFC pulls out all the stops and gets more creative.

I remember there was a time with Conor was on the undercard to a DJ main event, crazy to think about it now.

Lol, it doesn't matter who is on the card when Brock is on there. Seriously, look at what the 200 card ended up being and it still got well over a million buys lol.

You either have charisma, are interesting, or you're not. The UFC is always trying to make new stars. People are crazy if they think they don't want DJ to be popular when he's so dominant lol. It's not even about size either, it's just about how the people are and how interesting/charismatic they are. It took 1 PPV for Rose to become more popular than DJ has ever been, and she's a lower weight class in WMMA ffs lol.

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=today 5-y&q=/m/0bh7hgd,/m/0wbh40n

Not really. My point is unless it's a huge main event every card with DJ as co main is gonna look a little weak in the era of watered down cards. Gone are the days of UFC 100. UFC doesn't have a lot of huge stars left. TJ Cody is a great fight though

How can you say the days of UFC 100 are gone? Brock is supposed to be fighting DC for the title again. Brock was the reason it sold a lot, and whichever PPV Brock/DC is on will end up being a top 5 PPV ever(if not the biggest).

You're just butthurt manlets are not drawls. 99% people who bought May Mac can't name a single person on the undercard. Didn't stop it from doing 4+ million PPVs.
I don't agree that they water down DJ's cards but this comparison sucks. For 1, the UFC is/was known for putting on 3 good main card fights an 2 great main events, this is what even boxing ppl say made the UFC better was the fact the best fight the best n they stack the cards.

Boxing always has went with main events being the draw while the rest of the card is up n comers who might make name for themselves to the hardcores, but the casuals don't give a shit who they are an don't wanna see what most likely will be a 10-12 rd decision.

Plus, what is the limit on "manlet" size? TJ n Cody aren't? What about May n Mac? I'm assuming they don't qualify with way you talk about them. Pac man came up from 115 lbs an is involved in most bought ppv all time. Ppl care about the little guys, but UFC fans have lots of WWE crossover fans who are obsessed with roided meat heads.

Their being the size of your average 3rd grader is all the sabotage they need.

How can you say the days of UFC 100 are gone? Brock is supposed to be fighting DC for the title again. Brock was the reason it sold a lot, and whichever PPV Brock/DC is on will end up being a top 5 PPV ever(if not the biggest).

Brock is coming back to fight for the title after two losses and a nc for steroids. It's an absolute joke

I agree that it’s a weak card, that controversy sells, and that DJ is not a draw (though UFC hasn’t done as much to promote him as they do for other champs/stars).

I disagree after the main event and co main event this card is worse than the majority of the UFC fight nights/UFC on fox events. The UFC has some nerve putting this card together for a pay per view. If this event was free on fox I would still only watch the main event as I don't give a fuck about watching Demetrious Johnson fight.

Why? He finishes fighters more frequently than Mr “KillaShaw”

Their being the size of your average 3rd grader is all the sabotage they need.

I get shit whenever I say this but as much as I appreciate DJ's skills, I can't really get too emotionally invested in watching a fight between guys who are the size I was in like 4th grade... literally...

No hate or anything, I like DJ personally. Seems like one of the few actually smart guys in MMA.

I get shit whenever I say this but as much as I appreciate DJ's skills, I can't really get too emotionally invested in watching a fight between guys who are the size I was in like 4th grade... literally...

No hate or anything, I like DJ personally. Seems like one of the few actually smart guys in MMA.
He’s a good dude, I bet he’d be a lot of fun to hang with. He’s cleaned out the division and no matter how good the next contender is, they’re never good enough.

Brock is coming back to fight for the title after two losses and a nc for steroids. It's an absolute joke

It's called being a ridiculously huge draw. You get special privileges that other people don't get. Whatever card this fight goes on has a very real chance to be the highest bought PPV card in history. So, it's really not a joke. Brock deserves the payday for being a massive draw, and DC deserves the payday for being a great champion.

It's called being a ridiculously huge draw. You get special privileges that other people don't get. Whatever card this fight goes on has a very real chance to be the highest bought PPV card in history. So, it's really not a joke. Brock deserves the payday for being a massive draw, and DC deserves the payday for being a great champion.
I get it but it's a sad state of affairs. Bringing back a 41 year old who hasn't won a fight in 8 years and is a proven cheater to fight for the title

No, honestly he's actually not that smart. If he was actually smart and wanted to make money like he says, he'd know that he needs to take risks. Nobody cares about him continually cleaning out the worst division in the entire UFC. If he wants to be a draw and actually make money, he actually has to do something to make that happen. So, since he hasn't, I can't say he's all that smart.

Little guys can't sell fights even with really good under cards and UFC knows it so they save the fight fights for good main events

tenor.gif

No, honestly he's actually not that smart. If he was actually smart and wanted to make money like he says, he'd know that he needs to take risks. Nobody cares about him continually cleaning out the worst division in the entire UFC. If he wants to be a draw and actually make money, he actually has to do something to make that happen. So, since he hasn't, I can't say he's all that smart.

I mean just listening to him in interviews. You may disagree with some of his career choices, but he's undeniably smarter in an everyday sense than most of the roster.

Frankly I don't think most UFC fighters would be able to set up a Twitch account without help.

I guess OP forgot about UFC 220 with the heaviest two weight classes having championship fights and the rest of the card being filler.

I mean just listening to him in interviews. You may disagree with some of his career choices, but he's undeniably smarter in an everyday sense than most of the roster.

Frankly I don't think most UFC fighters would be able to set up a Twitch account without help.

Smart in some areas, dumb in others. His career choices have been very stupid if he was ever looking to be a draw, and that is not on the UFC. I don't think that's all that debatable.

Back