UFC running the sport into the ground!

Don't get me wrong, I'm a never die Pride fan and I see it as the golden era of MMA, but the real issue is driven by the American combat sports culture which bleeds into the UFC "winning is everything". There are very few fights where a fighter loses and ever gets props, unfortunately Gus is notorious for this. In Pride this was very different way the Japanese see fighting, or Martial arts. In the world of Zuffa a loss mean you drop in the rankings, followed by getting demoted to prelims, Fightpass, ect. If your a guy who moves the needle, you'll still get fights and still get paid, if your not a needle mover, ask Shields, Okami, and Fitch, regardless of skill your going back to the minors. So my point is while winning losing and pay structure, might have something to do with it, IMO it's more predicated of if you can market yourself and are you a fighter who holds value to Zuffa over certain target audiences that they will keep you around after poor performances (Dan Hardey). This is a very complex subject, not easily explained by win-lose, also most of the fighters in Pride who often lost were Japanese fighters BTW, who would have been kept around regardless.

You think pride would have loved shields okami and Fitch?

You think pride would have loved shields okami and Fitch?

yes because you could knee on the grounds.

UFC has a WWF ranking system.

Shields, a world champion, was dropped after one questionable loss in the ufc.

Reem gets Ko'd every other fight and gets to stayt. This stuff has been going on for years.

People in Pride were juiced to the gills, which helps recovery times and prevents injury.

Bring back steroids, imo. Who gives a fuck if people are juicing tbh.

They should allow the use of them during the after fight recovery process.

yes because you could knee on the grounds.

UFC has a WWF ranking system.

Shields, a world champion, was dropped after one questionable loss in the ufc.

Reem gets Ko'd every other fight and gets to stayt. This stuff has been going on for years.

again, i don't understand how you can complain about the ufc values winning over everything and then complain about this at the same time. winning isn't everything. losing fighters often get props for their performance. fighters fighting with the winning is everything mentality get criticized. and sometimes cut.

there was a guy with a black face mask on with a ufc shirt that clonked RDAs foot with a crowbar and ran off.

because it's a closed system, one promoter, there is no open way to compete to find out who is the best in MMA.

Whereas I can look at the ATP rankings in tennis and know who is the best at any given time without a BS promoter BSing me.

Knowing this Conor is correct, the belts don't mean anything.

Back