UFC running the sport into the ground!

PRIDE also promoted the use of steroids ...

If you found the post I was responding to funny (rehashing an overused meme from five years ago) I think we can all fairly well determine you're not much of a judge when it comes to humor.
Who died an made you King of Comedy!?

So you want professional fighters to fight injured for your amusement, while you yourself are a fighter. Well then. Nothing left to see here...

View attachment 79723
Shoop away brah, Thats me vs UFC vet Nam Phan.
WqGz3QO.gif

Very rarely did they pull out, anyways the tournament format had the alternate fill in for the injuried.
People in Pride were juiced to the gills, which helps recovery times and prevents injury.

Bring back steroids, imo. Who gives a fuck if people are juicing tbh.

The UFC win/loss ranking/pay system is killing the sport! In PRIDE the fighters faught regardless of injuries because the company rewarded heart and effort. If you let it all in the ring and were entertaining you were invited back. Now the UFC structure encourages fighters to pull out for any little injury because one loss can make or break your career and paycheck.

PRIDE was better, long live RIZIN!!!

You haven't watched Dada vs Kimbo if you think that the UFC is ruining the sport.

The UFC win/loss ranking/pay system is killing the sport! In PRIDE the fighters faught regardless of injuries because the company rewarded heart and effort. If you let it all in the ring and were entertaining you were invited back. Now the UFC structure encourages fighters to pull out for any little injury because one loss can make or break your career and paycheck.

PRIDE was better, long live RIZIN!!!
Pride literally ran the sport into the ground and failed. Keep hating hater, Rizin will soon be gone.

If anything the UFC is turning MMA into a WWE wankfest where its no longer about merit but PPV buys and getting "rustled"

MMA in the UFC is no longer a sport but a form of entertainment that is akin to WWE.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a never die Pride fan and I see it as the golden era of MMA, but the real issue is driven by the American combat sports culture which bleeds into the UFC "winning is everything". There are very few fights where a fighter loses and ever gets props, unfortunately Gus is notorious for this. In Pride this was very different way the Japanese see fighting, or Martial arts. In the world of Zuffa a loss mean you drop in the rankings, followed by getting demoted to prelims, Fightpass, ect. If your a guy who moves the needle, you'll still get fights and still get paid, if your not a needle mover, ask Shields, Okami, and Fitch, regardless of skill your going back to the minors. So my point is while winning losing and pay structure, might have something to do with it, IMO it's more predicated of if you can market yourself and are you a fighter who holds value to Zuffa over certain target audiences that they will keep you around after poor performances (Dan Hardey). This is a very complex subject, not easily explained by win-lose, also most of the fighters in Pride who often lost were Japanese fighters BTW, who would have been kept around regardless.

I take part in the troll thread.

Pride usually hade favorable matchups where it was no problem for most guys to fight with a little injury (i bet noone ever fought with a broken foot). If Wanderlei fought against a can he knew he could beat regardless, why not collect the paycheck despite having a fractured hand or sth.

Moreover they used steroids and it was almost never ever tested for it. Roids help a lot with injuries and recovery. Like CroCop trying HGH to repair his shoulder.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a never die Pride fan and I see it as the golden era of MMA, but the real issue is driven by the American combat sports culture which bleeds into the UFC "winning is everything". There are very few fights where a fighter loses and ever gets props, unfortunately Gus is notorious for this. In Pride this was very different way the Japanese see fighting, or Martial arts. In the world of Zuffa a loss mean you drop in the rankings, followed by getting demoted to prelims, Fightpass, ect. If your a guy who moves the needle, you'll still get fights and still get paid, if your not a needle mover, ask Shields, Okami, and Fitch, regardless of skill your going back to the minors. So my point is while winning losing and pay structure, might have something to do with it, IMO it's more predicated of if you can market yourself and are you a fighter who holds value to Zuffa over certain target audiences that they will keep you around after poor performances (Dan Hardey). This is a very complex subject, not easily explained by win-lose, also most of the fighters in Pride who often lost were Japanese fighters BTW, who would have been kept around regardless.

Excellent post. It's the Japanese mentality of overcoming the almost impossible obstacle. You get huge points for trying, for even stepping into the ring against somebody who is supposed to crush you.

Especially the Fitch, Okami and Shields know it's about selling and winning and nothing else.

Back