UFC running the sport into the ground!

PRIDE_DREAM_RIZIN

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
The UFC win/loss ranking/pay system is killing the sport! In PRIDE the fighters faught regardless of injuries because the company rewarded heart and effort. If you let it all in the ring and were entertaining you were invited back. Now the UFC structure encourages fighters to pull out for any little injury because one loss can make or break your career and paycheck.

PRIDE was better, long live RIZIN!!!

So you blame the UFC for something that is clearly RDA's fault?

people pulled out of pride fights too from time to time

That's because if you tried to pull out the Yakuza gave you a little visit...

Yeah,let the fighters fight injured so they are fucked up in 2 years and never fight again...that's great for the sport.

The numbers and revenue when all said is done will speak for itself.

Zuffa is smart. I doubt RDA is injured. The headlines and press they'll get from this story of "RDA pulling out" will only increase the attention of this match when set at a later date.

Yesthe business model that has already failed is the direction the sport should be going? I'm i following this correctly...cuz if so your an idiot

Zuffa is smart. I doubt RDA is injured. The headlines and press they'll get from this story of "RDA pulling out" will only increase the attention of this match when set at a later date.
Exactly this. 200 time.

Pride had shows about 10 whole events per year and even the top fighters crushed cans when given a chance.

And of course if a fighter is injured then he pulls out. Suggesting anything else is fucking retarded.

I guess this is why Zuffa building their new training facility to prevent this kind of crap. Wonder how it is supposed to work tho..

Yeah I'm sure the UFC would have cut Conor or RDA with a loss.

The UFC win/loss ranking/pay system is killing the sport! In PRIDE the fighters faught regardless of injuries because the company rewarded heart and effort. If you let it all in the ring and were entertaining you were invited back. Now the UFC structure encourages fighters to pull out for any little injury because one loss can make or break your career and paycheck.

giphy.gif

Pride was certainly better at going out of business.

The UFC win/loss ranking/pay system is killing the sport! In PRIDE the fighters faught regardless of injuries because they actively encouraged PED use.

Fixed that for you.

$10 says TS wasn't even an MMA fan when PRIDE still existed.

naw UFC has been working on its take down defense, but even still...it's got a good mindset for BJJ.

One loss doesn't make or break your career unless you don't leave it all in the ring and/or aren't entertaining. So guys like Shields or Okami are on a thin ice. Guys that the UFC thinks appeal to the fans can have many losses in a row. They gave Dan Hardy a lot of rope, and I'm glad because he was fun to watch. they gave Leonard Garcia lots of rope.

Whether or not Pride was better, they weren't much different in this regard. If you were consistently stalling, you'd get fined right there in the ring and it would hurt your long term career prospects. In the UFC, it just hurts your long term career prospects.

That is an idiotic claim. I don't know anyone who was more excited for Aldo vs McG by the time it finally happened. All of the extraneous buildup, the cancellation, and another round of hype only turned people off. Still epic fights either way, but in no way enhanced by last minute cancellations.

Back