UFC PPV numbers for the year so far

No one knows the real figures so these threads all belong in the dump

Oh wait... Meltzer

1m my ass, always good to exaggerate though, huge spike in searches = star

They fool you the same way you hear about them going to a stadium and you all believe it

full-retard.gif

Evidence that not many are fans of watching 6th grader sized men fight.

Are they talented yes would I watch them on purpose not really

Always weird when people see the same data and draw opposite conclusions.

Many in this thread see terrible PPV after terrible PPV after terrible PPV with MM and say
"Wow they really need to promote him more."

Uhh no. They need to do the exact opposite ASAP. Rogan already tried the sales pitch. News flash... it doesn't work, as evidenced by 1000 PPV instances. They need to drop him from headlining any card. The experiment is over... it didn't work. Stop having him headline and stop destroying your revenue/PPV averages.

I haven't seen any evidence that they work as Fox headliner.

The ppv numbers suggest they are not worth the hassle. At the very least, evidence is showing that 125 is a division that the majority of people will not miss.

Plus, cutting all those fighters would allow other fighters the chance to fight more and make more (assuming they keep the same amount of cards)

Why would they give other fighters more money? And lol at releasing elite fighters so they can pay mediocre fighters more money.

The fly division is going nowhere. If you don't like it don't watch but any discussion of removing the division is asinine

Why would they give other fighters more money? And lol at releasing elite fighters so they can pay mediocre fighters more money.

The fly division is going nowhere. If you don't like it don't watch but any discussion of removing the division is asinine

If they cut the fw division yet keep the same amount of cards - other fighters will have a chance to fight more times a year. Also, the best fighters in FW could move up to fight a BW.

And how is it asinine to discuss cutting the lowest selling division in the company?

When a product doesn't sell well or has the lowest customer interest - it's not uncommon for companies to discontinue that product.

Rousey Tate 3 will do even more than that, possibly more. You better believe it.

Which is insane. Who would have guessed even 3 years ago Rousey would be the biggest draw in the sport.

Which is insane. Who would have guessed even 3 years ago Rousey would be the biggest draw in the sport.

Rouseys last fight got AT LEAST an extra 200k buys because of how good 189 was. She is the biggest draw only because of Conor.

I still don't understand why she sells so well though. People didn't want to watch WMMA and now they do because one fighter is stomping everyone else? I also don't understand how a guy like Robbie Lawler isn't a mega draw.

As for the overall dip in PPV's. It has a lot to do with a huge generation of Pride guys who were big draws declining as well as some P4P GOATs diminishing (Anderson, Jones, GSP in quick succession). Guys getting popped for PED's left and right isn't helping either.

I also don't understand how a guy like Robbie Lawler isn't a mega draw.
because none of you hype these fighters up and instead talk negatively about them, or in the case of Lawler, don't talk about him at all which leaves an impression that he isn't worth watching. I've seen the same thing happen with DJ/Aldo/Weidman/Pettis. Sherdog is terrible at creating stars.

Rouseys last fight got AT LEAST an extra 200k buys because of how good 189 was. She is the biggest draw only because of Conor.

Lol no. The market buying Conor and the market buying Rousey are not the same and barely overlap.

i didn't expect pettis vs dos anjos has such shitty number.
it's a big shame, in the card fought also matt brown vs hendriks..

Poor Mighty Mouse just doesn't sell PPVs. Those 125k buys were for Rampage and the UFC brand logo.

I still don't understand why she sells so well though. People didn't want to watch WMMA and now they do because one fighter is stomping everyone else? I also don't understand how a guy like Robbie Lawler isn't a mega draw.

As for the overall dip in PPV's. It has a lot to do with a huge generation of Pride guys who were big draws declining as well as some P4P GOATs diminishing (Anderson, Jones, GSP in quick succession). Guys getting popped for PED's left and right isn't helping either.

So true and so sad at the same time.

If they cut the fw division yet keep the same amount of cards - other fighters will have a chance to fight more times a year. Also, the best fighters in FW could move up to fight a BW.

And how is it asinine to discuss cutting the lowest selling division in the company?

When a product doesn't sell well or has the lowest customer interest - it's not uncommon for companies to discontinue that product.

The Ufc is not a retail store. They can't just replace elite fighters. The fly division is going absolutely nowhere. Whine about it if u must but continuing to act like the division is in jeopardy of being closed is foolishness

Back