UFC PPV numbers for the year so far

My favorite is the "I don't know anyone who ordered this PPV and I didn't either and Sherdog told me it was going to bomb, therefore I don't believe the numbers and Meltzer is a UFC shill". It's like watching a bunch of retards trying to hump a doorknob.

Funny how Meltzer is only on the take for the good numbers & not the bad, huh?

That belt should never again be defended in the main event of a PPV. Either co-main or TV main event.

Maybe never is too strong but certainly not any time soon.

Yah, 'never' isn't really fair. I definitely don't think he should headline PPV's any time soon. I do think Fox is a good place for him. It gives him significant exposure and people can look at it and see a title on the line without putting their dollars on the line. IE, he has the opportunity to organically grow his appeal versus trying to force feed him to a largely skeptical audience.

I don't think it makes sense to put him as a co-main. With 11 divisions and a limited number of stars I just don't see putting MM as a co-main as the best use of the limited star power available.

Let's assume 2 fights per year for a guy like Conor, 2 for Rousey, and if Jones ever comes back maybe 2 for him. That's 6 events out of anywhere from 9-11 annual PPV's. It just makes more sense to use that co-main slot to boost some of the other champions that you want to push, or for high level contender fights where you have the potential to build another star.

Yes, MM might benefit the most from the co-main spot in percentage terms, but even a 200% increase would still only take him to 375K. They'd be much better off putting a fight like Weidman or even Jones on the card, let alone Werdum or Cormier where a much smaller percentage increase would result in higher profit margins and larger growth in the fan base.

Ronda and tate is meh. Conor and Aldo is as likely to happen as fedor getting signed.

a-chance.gif

Ronda and tate is meh. Conor and Aldo is as likely to happen as fedor getting signed.

Ronda did 900k+ without the second most popular UFC fighter

if Aldo drops then Conor will draw with someone else (Faber)

It looks like there won't be as many PPV's next year, so maybe it's their intention to not have Mighty Mouse as headliner any more. I'm basing this off the fact that UFC 200 is targeted for Independence Day weekend, meaning there will only be 5 PPV's between 194 and 200, when there's usually 7. 195 NYE, 196 Super Bowl, 199 Memorial Day.

I never knew your site existed. Looks interesting but navigation is a little difficult.

When comparing years by PPV success, it might be a good idea to make sure you only credit each year with one NYE show. The NYE show is typically a big event that does well on PPV, but it can fall in either late Dec or early Jan, helping or hurting certain years' PPV numbers. For example, 2014 wouldn't be credited with either Silva/Weidman 2 or Jones/Cormier.

That's a good point about the year end/beginning show.

As for site navigation, I've tried a few different formats and each has it's plus and minusses. I like the current one for the reason that there's a lot of stuff right there on the main page, which makes for easy access. I think it suffers on the mobile version though.

I don't really care about year to year as much as trends but others seem to so that's why I format it that way.

The TV show by year is probably more accurate in terms of year to year comparisons if you're interested in that sort of thing.

http://mmadraws.blogspot.ca/p/blog-page.html

Ronda did 900k+ without the second most popular UFC fighter

if Aldo drops then Conor will draw with someone else (Faber)

Ya, I'd virtually guarantee that both of Conor and Ronda's next fights do over 1 million.

How in the actual fuq did 190 sell more than 189 !! That is insane. 189=best card of the year. 190=worst card of the year.

UFC fighters are probably requesting off of every Mighty Mouse headlined card. They'll probably say no ones going to see me fight anyways, so no one would even know if I had a great win or not. Everybody wants to be on Ronda, McGregor and Anderson and Jones cards because of the exposure.

Are you saying Conor vs Aldo is not likely to happen? They are scheduled to fight on Dec 12. Please feel free to share your theories.

UFC fighters are probably requesting off of every Mighty Mouse headlined card. They'll probably say no ones going to see me fight anyways, so no one would even know if I had a great win or not. Everybody wants to be on Ronda, McGregor and Anderson and Jones cards because of the exposure.

Not just the regular fighters, even the other champions are begging to be on the Conor/Rousey cards.

If you're getting PPV points, it's scaled based upon how far you exceed a minimum threshold. 500K above the minimum is more than 2x the money earned than if you're 250K above the minimum. The difference as you move up is the difference between $1 per PPV and $2 or even $3+ per buy.

I'm guessing that the other champions will be dying to stay on Dana's good side and make friends with Rousey and Conor (assuming he wins the title fight). It's a serious incentive to not rock the boat when the UFC can banish you to a MM card versus a Rousey card.

Are you saying Conor vs Aldo is not likely to happen? They are scheduled to fight on Dec 12. Please feel free to share your theories.

It's gotten to the point where I'll believe it once the cage door closes.

notice when numbers are good there are less comments/enthusiasm for it.

But when they are bad and its UFC is dying threads they are much bigger.

You don't say Old Sport

giphy.gif

Nothing like good old confirmation bias.

If the numbers are bad, they can vent for pages on how the numbers prove that their beliefs about MMA and the UFC were right all along.

If the numbers are good, all they can do is mumble into their coffee and move on, assuming they don't simply go into full on, tin foil hat conspiracy mode.

I still cannot believe 190 did 900k buys. Unbelievable.

Back