UFC Legend Tim Sylvia to Retire

2pzifpj.gif

Only one legend in that gif...

I actually liked Tim Sylvia when I first got in to MMA and couldn't understand why he got so much hate.

His attitude of late was a bit irksome though, I understand he really wanted to get back into the UFC but didn't show any dedication (weight-wise) or skill to show he would have been a valuable asset

Reasons he got hate

1. He said a lot of weird crap. Sounded arrogant sometimes. A big one was when he referred to Fedor as "a little shit." People around here really got their panties in a bunch over that one. Also he was crying in an interview and saying that his mom used to call him fat or something.

2. He was large and villain-esque in appearance.

3. He pooped his pants in the middle of the Assuerio Silva fight.

Was a Tim hater during his prime. I miss him now. Too bad he never got back in shape and took it serious so during his campaign.

"Half of this game is 90% mental"

Timmy's sense of humor went right over the TapouT fans' heads

I think one of the first UFCs I watched live was Tim vs AA 2. Sucks he never managed to get back in the UFC. New fans wont understand that, the same way fans 5-10 years from now wont understand why guys like Cain were considered unstoppable.

It's funny to think now, but this disgusting mess was once heralded as Fedor's most credible opponent in three years when they fought. That's probably more of a testament to the Russian's fraudulent run at the time, but that was the general perception.

But if nothing else, he provided a decrepit, broken down old man with one last moment of pugilistic triumph:

b7eul1.jpg

He reminds me of Pete from the Kingdom Hearts games.

He is The HW.GOAT he will be missed

It's actually amazing how few popularly high-rated fighters Sylvia has beaten, despite being active for over a decade and being an on again, off again UFC champion. Besides Arlovski and maybe Vera, there's just a string of also-rans. When Sylvia fought top opposition, he almost consistently lost.

It's funny to think now, but this disgusting mess was once heralded as Fedor's most credible opponent in three years when they fought. That's probably more of a testament to the Russian's fraudulent run at the time, but that was the general perception.

pride era Crocop was no chump. Pride era Nog was elite at the time too.

method_get_s_tim-sylvia-01-03-2015-13-9-27-570.0.0.jpg

Did he really think he could get back into the UFC if he continued to gain weight?

Or was he angling for a Super Heavyweight fight?

chick changed her eyebrows and arlovski must be covering that tat... it doesn't look like the same woman in the face imo.

yeah not sure if that's the girl in question, but it is a true story that Tim dated Arlovski's Ex

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back