UFC Legend Tim Sylvia to Retire

Anyone seen this pic before?

tim-sylvia-in-a-wheelchair.jpg

Screw the haters

WAR TIM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
jON joNES IS THE greatets fighter of all time, in any weight class

timmy will be a big lad after a few years of inactivity. 370 lbs and going.

He had a good career should have made a better effort to stay in shape and stay in the UFC with his size and length he would still be competitive

Never rated the guy he got away with being the heavyweight champ because he was always the bigger guy in the cage. Then skill and technique became more important and the big man went the way of the dinosaur.

Never rated the guy he got away with being the heavyweight champ because he was always the bigger guy in the cage. Then skill and technique became more important and the big man went the way of the dinosaur.

Arlovski - twice
Vera
Ricco
Rothwell
Monson

have all fallen.

2 time HW champion.

Give the man his fucking props already.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
jON JONes is the God of every weight class. In him we trust

I remember him for being a villian from the UFC and Affliction MMA...but I always respected him.

Arlovski - twice
Vera
Ricco
Rothwell
Monson

have all fallen.

2 time HW champion.

This.

Timmy generally had anti-charisma. He didn't look like an athlete (and rather then become a type of "everyman champ" he instead was often looked on as an embarrassment), he often said the wrong things at the wrong time, and he didn't have a very exciting style.

I look at him as a real overachiever. The dude was huge but just wasn't athletic. However, through some combination of hard work and good coaching he became a very good fighter.

Back in the old UFC vs. Pride debates it was annoying to hear the Zombies pump this dude up. But just because some people over-rated him, doesn't mean that he wasn't a dangerous fighter.

He should be really proud of himself for what he accomplished.

Interestingly I will remember him primarily for the fights he lost in spectacular fashion. e.g. Randy pulling off the huge upset to get the belt back, Mir breaking his arm, Big Nog pulling a win out of his ass after getting beat up, and, of course, Fedor absolutely wrecking him. I guess my compliment to Timmy is he was a good enough fighter to get all of those fights, even if he couldn't win them.

I hope that his health is ok. The brain injury thing is out of his hands. Hopefully he can lose some weight and be healthy otherwise

After Tim Sylvia beat Gan McGee to retain the illustrious UFC HW title:

Joe Rogan "Bring on Fedor"

Its become cool to shit on timmy, but he was nasty back in the day.

After Tim Sylvia beat Gan McGee to retain the illustrious UFC HW title:

Joe Rogan "Bring on Fedor"

There were A LOT of people who thought tim was going to beat fedor. The way people talk now, you wouldn't think anyone picked him.

Reasons he got hate

1. He said a lot of weird crap. Sounded arrogant sometimes. A big one was when he referred to Fedor as "a little shit." People around here really got their panties in a bunch over that one. Also he was crying in an interview and saying that his mom used to call him fat or something.

2. He was large and villain-esque in appearance.

3. He pooped his pants in the middle of the Assuerio Silva fight.

Oh I understand now. That was back when i was an MMA noob

I always disliked his persona, he came off as pretencious white trash to me. The kind of guy who got bullied, and instead of growing and building a character tried to bully his way too.

But I always liked watching him fight..haha. Those goofy legs and tha jab.
Also it's very hard to find Timmehs fights. Try you tube. Theres Randy Chuck Wanderlei JAckson, all the champs from that era.. but no Timmeh. I wonder why.
Id love to see the old UFC Tim Sylvia fights again.

BTW I'm glad he's depressed. It's called karma, for hunting exotic animals he wasn't going to eat anyway, just for the sick thrill of it.

I always disliked his persona, he came off as pretencious white trash to me. The kind of guy who got bullied, and instead of growing and building a character tried to bully his way too.

But I always liked watching him fight..haha. Those goofy legs and tha jab.
Also it's very hard to find Timmehs fights. Try you tube. Theres Randy Chuck Wanderlei JAckson, all the champs from that era.. but no Timmeh. I wonder why.
Id love to see the old UFC Tim Sylvia fights again.

BTW I'm glad he's depressed. It's called karma, for hunting exotic animals he wasn't going to eat anyway, just for the sick thrill of it.

But Im sure stuffing them into farms and slitting there throats every year is just fantastic to you

45% of this game is mental.

- Tim Sylvia

And as someone who has lost people to depression, I hope you can honestly look in the mirror and know that you wished a terrible disease on someone just because you don't like them as a fighter or because they hunt. Seriously, fuck you.

--------------------------------------------------------
Jon Jones is the greatest. fighter of all time.

Arlovski - twice
Vera
Ricco
Rothwell
Monson

have all fallen.

2 time HW champion.

You think I should give him props for Rothwell, Monson the tattooed punching bag, Brandon "No Heart" Vera, Ricco. Arlovski I will tip my hat too when he was on he was tight, when he was off it was hard to watch.

Back