UFC is protecting Conor

Don't tell my anythin about business. I've ran and sold more of them than you'll ever do, you goof. We are talking about it as a fight fans. And Conor is a legit pussy if he is afraid of Khabib.
This guy is why MMA will always be compared to WWE.

This guy is why MMA will always be compared to WWE.

Nah, i'm more about Bushido/PRIDE way of thought. If you want to be the best - fight the best, don't hide behind Uncle Dana's back like your idol does.

Just wait a lil' bit. Soon enough we will know who will be Conor's next opponent.

But I thought Khabib was terrible and Cowboy, Ferguson, MJ and this years RDA would beat him???? LOL both these guys are the future. Khabib re-neuters RDA any way he likes, but you wouldn't want to waste a good card on a fighter that hasn't fought in 2 years/has been plagued by injuries and has no name value. This is about money, not testing Conor the most, and they will sooner go w/ Lawler than Khabib. This sucks, I KNEW RDA would go running/get broken. Conor pisses these doods off so much that they train angry and too hard. Add to that the incredible pressure; if you lose, you feel as if failed your country, your family and got utterly humiliated w/ the entire world watching. It's not just like a regular loss, the stakes are imply too high.

Lmao he was about to fight the champ in a higher division who most think has a style advantage. Lol i love seeing the haters scramble for excuses.

Nah, i'm more about Bushido/PRIDE way of thought. If you want to be the best - fight the best, don't hide behind Uncle Dana's back like your idol does.
Khabib isnt the best fighter, hell when was his last fight? He is fragile and will probably injure himself before the fight anyway.

This.

I'm just upset about his hype job. It's getting ridiculous. The most protected one-dimensional fighter ever is hyped like he's the next Sugar Ray.

The only ridiculous thing here are people that have not checked their facts, posting what is ridiculous.
After Johnson pulled out of the Ferguson fight, it was offered to Khabib,
but his knee was too ouchy, so he asked to have it postponedt to April.
Now he wants to fight again in on March 5th.

279.gif

You are an idiot.

Let me explain why:

UFC is a business first and foremost and what they want to do now is save the card and make the most money with PPV $$ and tickets.

McGregor vs Diaz/Cerrone/Pettis is a lot more sellable, especially on the very short notice that they are working with, than a fight with a relative nobody like Khabib.

McGregor vs Khabib is not happening, not only because he is supposedly his worst matchup, but also because they cant sell that fight (on short notice).

That's basically what TS said?

Every knowledgeable poster on this forum knows that Khabib is the best fighter in LW division. If Conor wants to be considered the best in LW/FW he MUST fight Khabib. But no.

Dana is protecting his cash cow from dangerous opponents (Frankie, Khabib) because he knows that they'll rape him. This is getting ridiculous. UFC is creating the biggest hype job ever.

I fuckin love Diaz bros but Nate is the easiest top 10 LW matchup for Conor (no takedown threat, pretty hittable, no one-punch ko power) and everyone acting like it's a great fight. Conor should just man up and take Khabib fight, but he won't because he's pussy. Come at me, bitches!

Why doesn't Jose Aldo take the fight? I thought he was training for this exact situation... why arn't you calling him out?

The mental gymnastics some of you retards go through is amazing. To say Conor is protected is idiotic.

Of course they don't want their most marketable fighter and current biggest draw to get the hype blanketed out of him for 3 or 5 rounds...

You are an idiot.

Let me explain why:

UFC is a business first and foremost and what they want to do now is save the card and make the most money with PPV $$ and tickets.

McGregor vs Diaz/Cerrone/Pettis is a lot more sellable, especially on the very short notice that they are working with, than a fight with a relative nobody like Khabib.

McGregor vs Khabib is not happening, not only because he is supposedly his worst matchup, but also because they cant sell that fight (on short notice).

If they truly want to maximize ppv money & tickets the Cerrone should be the best business move, a mad following, a anti Conor lifestyle, and a bring it on attitude to fighting. Pettis for pretty fighting both he and Conor would make a stylish fight. TS is right Nick would be the easiest for Conor you'll get in fight antics but Nick can be hit, kicked, and picked apart, and still give you a show because he'll still keep coming.

Oh shut the fuck up. He was suppose to fight the LW champ for christs sake...how is that protecting him?

Its not Conors fault these guys get injured right before he faces them.

Sherdogs mentality: Conor's opponent gets injured = Conor gets shit on

You have hit the nail on the head. You watch them avoid giving Nate or Nurmagomedov or Cerrone the opportunity. They will probably give Denis Siver a rematch. There is no reason why Nate Diaz could not step in and he has offered to. McGregors antics at the press conferences and weigh ins would be tamed down.

This.

I'm just upset about his hype job. It's getting ridiculous. The most protected one-dimensional fighter ever is hyped like he's the next Sugar Ray.
I understand your anger, but shouldn't the UFC be a little protective of Mcgregor? Imagine if he gets dominated and beaten by Khabib. If you were Dana and made that fight and McGregor looked bad, do you think you would be doing a good job as president? I'm just glad they're not throwing him a can at this point. He is a champion on FW, losing a non-title fight on LW will not be a good look.

I think it's more Conor calling his own shots. He has all the stroke. He is going to choose his opponent carefully. No Khabib or Ferguson I'm afraid. Probably Cerrone and his weak liver.

Don't tell my anythin about business. I've ran and sold more of them than you'll ever do, you goof. We are talking about it as a fight fans. And Conor is a legit pussy if he is afraid of Khabib.

Khabib was already commuted to the Fox card and is coming back from a long layoff, most casuals won't have a good memory of him.

Back