UFC is protecting Conor

Dana, Joe Silva, Lorenzo, Zuffa as a whole, etc., are far from perfect, but every time I log on to these forums I see at least a handful of threads that make me think to myself, "Thank god no one from Sherdog is in charge of the UFC." It's astounding how so many people can be so totally and completely head-up-their-ass wrong about how selling fights works, and many of them have been watching MMA/UFC/Boxing for years and years and years. If you think the only reason the UFC isn't choosing to have its most popular, marketable fighter (perhaps ever) headline a pay-per-view event against a guy who hasn't fought in two years, who has a name that 99.9% of the company's fanbase neither recognizes nor is able to spell, who has had issues making weight, who has pulled out of about seven scheduled fights and whose fighting style is, to put it nicely, "an acquired taste" is because "Thier protecting CONNER!!!!" then you really need to just stop.

Lol. This @FrankieNYC retard's sore ass shitted all over this thread. Poor nuthugger.

Now Nate vs Conor is official. I have nothing to say.

You are an idiot.

Let me explain why:

UFC is a business first and foremost and what they want to do now is save the card and make the most money with PPV $$ and tickets.

McGregor vs Diaz/Cerrone/Pettis is a lot more sellable, especially on the very short notice that they are working with, than a fight with a relative nobody like Khabib.

McGregor vs Khabib is not happening, not only because he is supposedly his worst matchup, but also because they cant sell that fight (on short notice).

Let me add up to this... on such short notice Diaz is in my opinion the best choice (better than Pettis or Cerrone) because they will talk shit to each other on an epic scale and hype up this event, making all of us forget the initial disappointment

Wouldn't it be better to sell the Conor Khabib fight and not on ten days notice? Khabib will be fighting on the FOX card, so his name will be out there again, esp if he wins. Then considering if RDA is healthy by then, and Khabib doesn't injure himself once again they have huge fights to build up and market. Why would they waste it now with nothing behind it.

I understand people hate the Conor hype, but it makes perfect sense to me to not have this fight happen the way it is going down right now. Khabib did beat RDA, but that was two years ago, why not get Khabib back in there against a game opponent, build his name back up for people, then market a big fight against either Conor or RDA. Seems a much smarter strategy to me.

Khabib is still fighting? The last time he fought was on the undercard of Tito vs Shamrock II.

The fights will happen sooner or later.

Dana, Joe Silva, Lorenzo, Zuffa as a whole, etc., are far from perfect, but every time I log on to these forums I see at least a handful of threads that make me think to myself, "Thank god no one from Sherdog is in charge of the UFC." It's astounding how so many people can be so totally and completely head-up-their-ass wrong about how selling fights works, and many of them have been watching MMA/UFC/Boxing for years and years and years. If you think the only reason the UFC isn't choosing to have its most popular, marketable fighter (perhaps ever) headline a pay-per-view event against a guy who hasn't fought in two years, who has a name that 99.9% of the company's fanbase neither recognizes nor is able to spell, who has had issues making weight, who has pulled out of about seven scheduled fights and whose fighting style is, to put it nicely, "an acquired taste" is because "Thier protecting CONNER!!!!" then you really need to just stop.

Yes aka @Walker Smith Jr is not bright (as you can see).
But these threads can be fun.
There are a lot of good/intelligent threads and post mixed in with these - if you have patience enough to find them

And on top of that, if Khabib took the short notice fight and lost, the same guys who now say the UFC is protecting Conor from Khabib would say the UFC is feeding Conor the divisions best grapplers on short notice to make them easy wins for Conor. Just as they now discredit Conor's win over Mendez.

Of course they are.

Wouldn't you try to bend the way everything happens if it meant putting a few extra 100 million in your pocket over a few years?

Back