UFC Fight Night 179: Holm vs. Aldana

She hasnt had an easy fight in years. This is her easiest fight on paper in 5 years.
Easiest fight in 5 years?

dude she fought Bethe Correia and Megan Anderson. How short is your memory? even Pennington is arguably worse than Aldana.

Easiest fight in 5 years?

dude she fought Bethe Correia and Megan Anderson. How short is your memory? even Pennington is arguably worse than Aldana.
You are right, I forgot about Bethe. Megan and Pennington are not easy fights, though.

@PolarBearPaulVarelans you seem to have the goods on Todorovic (I haven't taped him yet)- how do you think he wins? ITD?

No clue, honestly. Dusko is a very versatile fighter who can win any number of ways. There is also a good chance he is greatly improved since his appearance on Contenders over a year ago, and with a proper training camp, corner, etc.

Picking the winner of a fight is hard enough. I only play props if I have a very strong read or a line is blatantly off.

Has someone taped Williams and this guy Imavov?
Feel like -130 for Williams is good money, someone to prove me wrong?

On Holm, Williams (but I need to watch more tape on that) and MCGee.
Big on GDR.
Don't like this card at all actually...

On Holm, Williams (but I need to watch more tape on that) and MCGee.
Big on GDR.
Don't like this card at all actually...

ngl card is too depressing to seriously research

unless I have some sort of revelation this card is drunk live bets or pass

next weeks card on the other hand looks great

Holm/GDR/Condit parlay seems juicy at +548. £1000 to return £6500 not bad. How much do you think the odds will swing by friday? is it better to get on these odds now? they wont improve will they...I can only imagine they will go deeper into the minus.

Holm/GDR/Condit parlay seems juicy at +548. £1000 to return £6500 not bad. How much do you think the odds will swing by friday? is it better to get on these odds now? they wont improve will they...I can only imagine they will go deeper into the minus.
condit and holm odds have been improving since Sunday, so Ill be waiting a bit longer.

Im starting to lean on Holm a bit more, particularly considering the level of competition they have faced. Holm has faced and only lost to top competition, whereas Aldana has faced lower tier competition with Vieira and Pennington being their best opponents.
Also, Holy has been in 3 times in 5 round fights against Cyborg, de Randamie, and Valentina, all of them are way better strikers than Aldana and have more power but none of them could finish her. Aldana has been 0 times in a 5 round fight, and this fight is more than likely going to a decision. And although her cardio is not a particular concern, it does play a factor. Her speed, which is one of main strenghts will fade away by the later rounds.

Has someone taped Williams and this guy Imavov?
Feel like -130 for Williams is good money, someone to prove me wrong?
They look kinda similar, both boxing heavy with good output and pressure, also durable but defensively not very sound, they both eat a lot of strikes. Williams has a crazy chin on him though, he can eat heavy shots like it's nothing! Could be a war of attrition. I am staying away from this fight at current odds.

Last edited:
She hasnt had an easy fight in years. This is her easiest fight on paper in 5 years.

Holly should kill it just purely based on experience alone. But add in the factor of her being a cardio/decision machine with good boxing and kicks. She's going to win a boring 5 rder and I love it. Already have her parlayed with Casey Kenney (who should win also).

Holly should kill it just purely based on experience alone. But add in the factor of her being a cardio/decision machine with good boxing and kicks. She's going to win a boring 5 rder and I love it. Already have her parlayed with Casey Kenney (who should win also).
Yeah, I dont think anyone should be expecting a barnburner but the more I tape it the more I'm leaning towards what you mentioned, Holly via experience, cardo/decision machine, good boxing and kicks, good chin, etc. I think this is the typical case of people thinking aging legends are ass and stepping stones for upcoming fighters, kind of like just happened with Frankie vs Munhoz and Overeem vs Sakai, but I just dont see Aldana retiring Holly.
I havent taped Casey Kenney but I'm seeing a lot people leaning towards him so I might start taping today.

ngl card is too depressing to seriously research

unless I have some sort of revelation this card is drunk live bets or pass

next weeks card on the other hand looks great
This week's card already was a complete pass for me (besides 2u on Izzy) so I need to get back on it before I lose the motivation...

Last edited:
Wait why are we betting on Condit when he's lost 8 of his last 10 fights and he's up against someone who literally died for longer than I can hold back on an orgasm

1. He’s an underdog.
2. McGee is only a year younger and is washed as well.
3. While better than 2-8 McGee is only 4-6 in his last 10.

Court is on a slide as well but he is incredibly durable he may be able to take this with a grinding takedown heavy approach, not sure if Condit has his heart in the game anymore I remember he was considering retirement a few years ago after he lost to Cowboy Oliveira.

Back