UFC Fight Night 179: Holm vs. Aldana

I put two units on Ayari, I remember he had decent fundamentals in his losses to Stevie Ray and Darren Till. I can't find much tape on who he is fighting other then his KO flying knee loss in the UFC. From limited tape Luigi is smaller scrappy with some ground game. Ayari has fought much better competition and should have enough fundamentals to win this.. Maybe -135 cap-- so the line isn't too off. Not a crazy bet
Yeah. Vendramini's almost a complete question mark, but nothing I've seen on the (very limited and very regional) tape of him around makes me feel like he should be a favorite against the larger, more-proven, busier Ayari.

That being said, there's so little info on Vendramini that I also wouldn't be shocked if he just turns out to be good and picks on Ayari's mediocre bottom game for a quick sub. I just think the balance of probabilities favors Ayari at +100 since he's a known quality versus Vendramini being an almost complete unknown.

Last edited:
Townsend is a +250 underdog, despite having a plausible path to victory in the fight,

What is this "plausible path"? I noted to you that he needs a perfect home run shot in the 1st round. Considering Todorovic's intelligence and chin, the chances of this occurring are 10% at best, or the equivalent of +900. That's the definition of implausible.

There are other ways he can win, but all of them are even less plausible than that.

UFCIsNOTRigged said:
Tordovic could go out there and knock him out in the first round as he has done to most of his opponents, but that is not how I see it going versus a fighter whose been knocked out once in 32 fights.

Who said anything about Townsend being knocked out? Where did that factor anywhere in my analysis? Does someone who lost money betting Townsend against Bevon Lewis and Devin Clark, two inferior fighters to Dusko with very weak chins to boot, feel better because Townsend heard the final bell?

Also, it's one thing if you're a casual fan, but if you're arguing on whether to bet a fighter or not, at least learn how to spell the guy's name correctly. "Todorovic" is not that difficult.

Tordovic has only been out of round one three times, and his only time seeing the third round was in his Contender Series fight.

Yeah, and Todorovic's cardio looked great going all 3 rounds despite being jet-lagged and not having any of his normal corner with him. This shows what, exactly? That Dusko is smart and has excellent endurance?

Nevermind that Teddy Ash is roughly 10 times the fighter Daquean Townsend is.

During that fight he had his opponent pressed up against the cage the for the entirety of the match. There are many refs who would have separated him and his opponent as he was not working for a lot of that time after the first round.

Considering that Todorovic was landing hard, meaningful punches in the clinch the whole time, it would be a shitty ref indeed who would have separated them.

Also, the few instances in which his opponent broke from the back of the cage he lit Tordovic up with combos and Tordovic didn't even have his hands up he was so out of energy; he would have been knocked out in the second round if it went ten seconds longer.

Have you seen any Todorovic fights other than that one? He normally keeps his hands low; that's part of his style, not a sign of him being tired.

And while claiming that he would have been knocked out with 10 more seconds in round 2 is silly, it's true that Ash was having good success in the stand-up.

And maybe if the discussion were a rematch between Todorovic and Ash, Ash might be worth a play at +250. Unfortunately, it's Townsend, a far inferior striker with less power, less speed, worse technique, much worse takedown defense, and vastly worse cardio.

If he tries to fight Townsend that way after the first round then he will almost surely get his back taken by Dequan while standing and submitted shortly thereafter.

Wow. This is a bolder prediction than the guy who thought Costa would submit Adesanya in round 5!

So a guy with some of the worst jits I've seen in the UFC on the male side, Dequan Townsend, a white belt whose only real submission at this level is a guillotine, is going to quickly take the back of a skilled submission grappler in Todorovic and submit him?

I'm very curious to see your bets in the official topic now.

Holm is gonna Usman Aldana, who is completely overrated IMO (lost every time she faced decent competition). 2.5 u on Holm at pick'em odds for me.
I need to do more research on that but how is GDR -115 against fucking Pena ?
I don't think she can tke her down, nor do I think she can turn it into an ugly brawl to win on the feet.
GDR should be -200 here if you ask me.
Already have a 2.5u play on McGee but shouldn't have done that.
Ok Condit is on a five fights losing streak but so is almost McGee and against lesser competition.
Might cash out...
Really struggling to have reads on those fights...
This was already the case last week, where I just put 2u on Adesanya and passed on all the other fights...

Is it safe to assume that Holm will "eeishh, eeishh, eeissh her way to a decision?

I thought the opposite. She would throw a lot that doesnt connect and aldana would jab her way to an easy decision

GDR could easily be in trouble on the mat if Pena gets her there.

Big trouble as in lose the round?

I wouldn't rule out a finish, but yes, one takedown from Pena could easily result in that round going her way. I think Pena's top game can overwhelm GDR on bottom. I do agree the big question is if she can get it there.

I thought the opposite. She would throw a lot that doesnt connect and aldana would jab her way to an easy decision
I think Holm is the most experienced and proficient striker. I havent see Aldana face a decent striker yet.

What is this "plausible path"? I noted to you that he needs a perfect home run shot in the 1st round. Considering Todorovic's intelligence and chin, the chances of this occurring are 10% at best, or the equivalent of +900. That's the definition of implausible.

There are other ways he can win, but all of them are even less plausible than that.

Who said anything about Townsend being knocked out? Where did that factor anywhere in my analysis? Does someone who lost money betting Townsend against Bevon Lewis and Devin Clark, two inferior fighters to Dusko with very weak chins to boot, feel better because Townsend heard the final bell?

Also, it's one thing if you're a casual fan, but if you're arguing on whether to bet a fighter or not, at least learn how to spell the guy's name correctly. "Todorovic" is not that difficult.

Yeah, and Todorovic's cardio looked great going all 3 rounds despite being jet-lagged and not having any of his normal corner with him. This shows what, exactly? That Dusko is smart and has excellent endurance?

Considering that Todorovic was landing hard, meaningful punches in the clinch the whole time, it would be a shitty ref indeed who would have separated them.

Have you seen any Todorovic fights other than that one? He normally keeps his hands low; that's part of his style, not a sign of him being tired.

And while claiming that he would have been knocked out with 10 more seconds in round 2 is silly, it's true that Ash was having good success in the stand-up.

And maybe if the discussion were a rematch between Todorovic and Ash, Ash might be worth a play at +250. Unfortunately, it's Townsend, a far inferior striker with less power, less speed, worse technique, much worse takedown defense, and vastly worse cardio.

Wow. This is a bolder prediction than the guy who thought Costa would submit Adesanya in round 5!

So a guy with some of the worst jits I've seen in the UFC on the male side, Dequan Townsend, a white belt whose only real submission at this level is a guillotine, is going to quickly take the back of a skilled submission grappler in Todorovic and submit him?

Too long. Did not read.

{<jimmies}

GAME SET MATCH LOL

I think Holm is the most experienced and proficient striker. I havent see Aldana face a decent striker yet.

Well she did lose to Chookagian and I remember Leslie Smith set like a women's significant strike record on Aldana, so there's that. Yikes.

I just figured Aldana had some growing pains she had to overcome and just would be able to not be scared off by Holm. Aldana lost to Pennington also. Man....I guess this won't be as clear cut as I originally thought

Well she did lose to Chookagian and I remember Leslie Smith set like a women's significant strike record on Aldana, so there's that. Yikes.

I just figured Aldana had some growing pains she had to overcome and just would be able to not be scared off by Holm. Aldana lost to Pennington also. Man....I guess this won't be as clear cut as I originally thought
Yes, I will probably stay away from this fight. Holm has only lost to top fighters, like Valentina, de Randamie, Cyborg, and Nunes. All of them are elite strikers who were able to get past Holm's jab and in general outstruck Holm.
Aldana, is nowhere near the caliber of the fighters mentioned above but she does have a really high output and will be going in with a conisderable hype behind her. Plus, Holm has been considerably fading in her past fights.
This is one of those WMMA fights that can go either way. Unless Sadistics has a lean on either of them, I will be passing on it.

Holm has also fought far superior opponents... maybe I need to rethink/retape Aldana

GDR line starting to get steamed a bit, still havn't decided if I want to play her but need to decide soon looks like. Her TDD and ground game was so trash that after the conclusion of nunes fight, I felt I was very fortunate that GDR put away Aspen in the first 10s when I bet that one.

Back