Ufc employee for the longest time?

joe-rogan.jpg

Big John was employed by the UFC at UFC 1

So he clearly wins, ok Refs are part of the commission now

but who cares

Big john still wins

Longest time seems to be Buffer. Gladiator-Man had a good shot at being the oldest, but alas, he's gone now.

Buffers Debut was UFC 10. Seems to be the longest unless theres someone on the production team with longer.

Big John was employed by the UFC at UFC 1

So he clearly wins, ok Refs are part of the commission now
but who cares
Big john still wins

I think Zuffa and BJM weren't on speaking terms for a while when John made some negative comments about Dana.

Joe Silva has worked for the UFC since before Dana and The Fertittas took it over so I'd have to guess its him

Even White, who is pretty much the complete source for all Silva-related information, remains hazy on his background.

"Joe was involved even before Zuffa bought the company," said White, who helped talk his high school buddies Lorenzo and Frank Fertitta into purchasing the organization prior to UFC 30.

"What I believe is that the old owner didn't know a lot about MMA and Joe was kind of his right-hand man. It was actually Tito (Ortiz) that told me at that time, 'You should talk to this guy.'"
Source

Joe Silva, Bruce Buffer and Mike Goldberg have all been a part of the company longer then Joe Rogan has. And Rogan didn't become a regular part of the company until UFC 40. Once UFC events started to get regulated by the athletic commissions John McCarthy was no longer officially working for the UFC and instead was working for the various athletic commissions.

McCarthy doesn't work for the UFC. He works for the AC, no?

Technicalities, when he started he was a UFC employee, now he's contracted by a third party on the UFC's behalf.

Chuck will probably have that desk job till the day he dies. Count his fighting days, you could be looking at 50+ years.

Very true. I would say that Chuck will probably have the longest career with the UFC. Couture, Penn, Belfort, and Hendo were all around early on, but didn't have continuous careers/relations with the UFC.

I think aside from Chuck, Frank Mir also has a very long, continuous career in the UFC.

continuously it's been goldie, but rogan the longest. unless there's some weird story about some other corporate exec being there before. but rogan and goldie are way up there

The question was "Ufc employee for the longest time?"

So you have to factor in that Vitor was out in the wilderness for like 5 years. Big John hasn't been an official UFC employee for like 8 years.

Burt Watson or Joe Silva..

I believe it was stated that Burt was around before Zuffa bought the UFC... and they just kept him.

images

Technicalities, when he started he was a UFC employee, now he's contracted by a third party on the UFC's behalf.

He refs for other orgs too, though, and they no longer cut his checks.

Burt Watson or Joe Silva..

I believe it was stated that Burt was around before Zuffa bought the UFC... and they just kept him.

images

He may be a cool guy and do well at the actually important aspects of his job but I think I'd be annoyed with his attempts to get the fighters hyped up and shit. I'd tell him to cut the shit with me I think.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rank Wang
Back