Ufc employee for the longest time?

Readybodisready

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Gotta be Joe Rogan interviewing 'vi ctor' belfort in 1997 right? Keep that one in mind before you bash Joe's commentating every event.

Jacob "Stitch" Duran or Big John McCarthy

I'm gonna laugh if someone says Big John.

It's gotta be Vitor. When did he make his debut, like UFC 8 or something?

Or it's Bruce Buffer. I think he was there pretty early too.

Chuck will probably have that desk job till the day he dies. Count his fighting days, you could be looking at 50+ years.

Vitor started in UFC in 1997 and Buffer started in 1996. I think Buffer holds the title unless someone can prove me wrong.

Joe Silva has worked for the UFC since before Dana and The Fertittas took it over so I'd have to guess its him

BJ Penn was there pretty early on as well,,left for awhile though???....Barnett is back....

And the referees don't work for the UFC anymore, but at one time they did, do Big John was definitely a UFC employee years ago.

edit: And I can't find any record of when Joe Silva started with the UFC. One sherdog poster told this story about how Silva started as the unofficial matchmaker at UFC 3, but he didn't include a source and I can't seem to find anything.

Last edited:
Matt Hughes perhaps.

Most other fighters have gaps in employment. Matt Hughes joined the UFC in 2001 and remains employed by them after retirement without any stints in other orgs.

He had fights with the org earlier, but that was a different time in MMA for sure and contracts weren't quite the same either.

Rogan didn't work in the UFC consistently back in the day. He was in some early SEG shows, left, and then got hired on later by Zuffa.

Goldberg and Buffer have stayed employed since the SEG days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back