UFC Deletes Conor Free Fight(s) and UFC 303 Promo Videos

gentel

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
As pointed out by Redditors /u/captainseas, /u/RedditHatesDiversity and /u/GillyGooseClub, the UFC has taken down the Conor-related promotional content for UFC 303 they had previously posted on both Youtube and Instagram. I remember seeing the free fights and promo vids on Youtube and when I checked their latest uploads I see they are completely gone

This strongly suggests that Conor-Chandler will be canceled

I wonder what the gain is to keep this quiet. I guess they are scrambling for another main event so people dont cancel their tickets?

Honestly, who even wants to see Chandler fight someone else? The only reason people wanted to see this fight is because Conor wanted this fight. I hope this event crashes and burns. This is what UFC gets for putting a shit card together with one huge fight with no backup.

GETTY_Day-of-Reckoning-Fight-Night_SPO_GYI1877857695jpg-JS868059750.jpg

Testing positive for everything and anything, but they wont announce it ?

I don't think the cancellation is related to drug testing, if Conor messed around with media interviews etc as rumored the UFC will take that pretty seriously. Don't forget he was originally going to be on the UFC 200 card for Diaz vs McGregor 2 & they moved him to UFC 202 instead when he wouldn't attend that one press conference they wanted him at.

I wonder what the gain is to keep this quiet. I guess they are scrambling for another main event so people dont cancel their tickets?
Definitely sounds like the most reasonable explanation for all the evasive language used in the statements made by both the UFC and by Conor. They don't want people reacting to the cancellation by refunding their tickets, and want to throw together a replacement main event before they say anything

Fight OFF probably. Wouldn't be really surprised then. Took far too long to set it up already.

Don't see any replacement that would get me interested or makes a bit sense. Sucks for Chandler of course.

Contract negotiations gone wrong or an injury is my bet

If they're scrubbing promo footage, then the wheels are already in motion for a full cancellation. Marketing is the LAST department to get the full notification that there's been a change of plan, so if they're removing shit, several layers higher in the UFC organization have already made the decision to scrap this thing.

I think we can safely rule out contract negotiations.

Conor is in no shape to fight, and never will be again.

That injury he took against Poirier was not your standard issue MMA damage. It was DEVASTATING. A fighter's footwork simply cannot come back after the foot has become completely dislocated from the leg. He's done.

He'll probably make a return in BKFC (where he'll make another fortune crushing cans) but his days as an elite MMA athlete are gone.

Back