UFC Asked Nicco Montano to Dress Like Pocahontas to Highlight Her Native American Heritage

Lol I doubt it, or else they woulda told mighty mouse to wear lifts years ago!

Maybe, but they never cared about Dj enough to tell him. Montaño is atleast frisky attractive potential in MMA terms which would catch their eye a bit.

You gotta know Dana White probably was offering up a flight on his private jet, much to the chagrin of that 115 lbs chick that got suspended for weed, he has been flying around now for about a year and half.

ufc-218-francis-ngannou-i-plan-o.jpg

Fucking hell, don't let twitter get hold of this story, Nicco will end up with her own # and there will be a campaign to get everyone in the UFC fired

.... Actually on second thought

They're just preparing her for the sacrifice.

Sherdog:

Bitch that WME won't promote fighters
Bitch when WME tries to promote a fighter

<Fedor23>

Oh My Gawdddd *(said in valley white girl voice)*

UFC will also make sure the Pocahontas outfit is fully labeled with Reebok logos, LMFAO

I would be kinda pissed if I was her too, if this is true.

Nicco best come out like Tyson did against Berbick if she plans on winning this fight. Nicco Montaña said herself that she will KO & SUBMIT Valentina at the same time......ï said wtf

That’s great

I’m still not watching WMMA
I cant hate on this post at all, almost all chick fights make me cringe. Valentina however is fkng skilled to teh gills. Montaña is in deep Dookie in this fight

I really hope this is true.
I love anything that causes snowflakes to get all upset amd cry "racism !"

Nicco best come out like Tyson did against Berbick if she plans on winning this fight. Nicco Montaña said herself that she will KO & SUBMIT Valentina at the same time......ï said wtf

GSP almost did it to Bisping <GSPWoah>

conor is 100% a caricature, his entire shtick is that he acts like a complete fucking asshat to be as big of an attention whore as possible. as far as basing it on his real identity, he blatantly steals loads of his shit from other people

Screen-Shot-2016-01-21-at-14.03.18.png

FluffyIncompleteAmericanpainthorse-size_restricted.gif

DeadlyInformalAustraliankestrel-max-1mb.gif

conor3.png

Conor-McGregor-15.png

t9cw2g8g0rcy.jpg

13th-jockey-3.jpg
<24><16><Kobe213>

Let....it.....go......

Yep. It is also why so many fighters are failing to have promotional success. They look at Conor who is the biggest star and just try to copy him. It comes off as insincere and doesn't resonate with anyone.

Much like comedy, identities are best when rooted in truth. Fighters need to find their angle based on their own attributes. Nationalism has always been the easiest one for fighting. Think of Bisping/UK, Hunt/AUS, Conor/IRELAND, GSP/CANADA, etc etc

There is so much more you can do though. If I was running the UFC, or promoting fighters, I would be heavily investing in building out a fighters identity angle, along with how they approach media and do interviews. There is literally nothing worse than winning a big fight and having all eyes on you in the cage on the mic and then you say "i love god, I'll fight whoever is next"

Even worse is when fighters put zero effort into promoting themselves and then complain about how much they get paid.

Excellent post

I think WME (note I did not say UFC) could do a lot more promotion wise. they are a Hollywood juggernaut & very rarely do we see UFC fighters on top media platforms.
Also the 2 dozen celeb owners that bought in (WME clients) rarely if ever bother to use social media to promote.
but both sides need to promote. It is a fighters interest to build their brand & like you said that does not mean "trash talk"
GSP has a huge brand & he never trash talks. Couture had a brand. BJ had a brand. Etc

Excellent post

I think WME (note I did not say UFC) could do a lot more promotion wise. they are a Hollywood juggernaut & very rarely do we see UFC fighters on top media platforms.
Also the 2 dozen celeb owners that bought in (WME clients) rarely if ever bother to use social media to promote.
but both sides need to promote. It is a fighters interest to build their brand & like you said that does not mean "trash talk"
GSP has a huge brand & he never trash talks. Couture had a brand. BJ had a brand. Etc
Well to be fair, Couture, GSP and Penn all were able to build their brands pre - Reebok era. Thanks to that deal, all fighters look the same throughout fight week and when doing media appearances. Individuality has been removed from the equation.

Well as Douglas Adams said about marketers. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy defines marketing as "a bunch of mindless jerks who'll be the first against the wall when the revolution comes,”

Give me authenticity over roleplay any day.

Well to be fair, Couture, GSP and Penn all were able to build their brands pre - Reebok era. Thanks to that deal, all fighters look the same throughout fight week and when doing media appearances. Individuality has been removed from the equation.

Fair point
But that actually backs up what it seems UFC asked Nicco to do.
But branding in 2018 is much more than fight week.
It is social media, appearances, interviews.

But there is no argument that the Reebok deal has a lot of faults & the implementation was horrid.

Back