News UFC Antitrust Lawsuit: Joe Silva's testimony

Wonder if those 'back room bonuses' were disclosed? You know, like for taxes? Is the IRS in on this charade?

Of course they were disclosed, atleast by the UFC. They are not stupid enough to get busted for not declaring a fucking bonus when they are worth a thousand times that amount. A fighter maybe, if they are stupid enough to attempt and get away with it.

I'm sure the smart guys at WME included funds to cover this as part of risk assessment in case they have to back pay hundreds of fighters.

That's not the criticism. It's that the undisclosed pay is used to keep salaries down. The UFC is the only one who wins with undisclosed pay.

A child understands this. Why do sherdoggers pretend to be so special they don't even have the reasoning capacity of a child? What's the end game of this charade?

most industries pay is "undisclosed".

It's a business, not charity.
WTF is wrong with you? You honestly think you are the only person here to have figured that out?

It's easy to understand where the UFC's business dealings come from. The Fertittas. This is how the Mafia works.

most industries pay is "undisclosed".
No, they don't.

You seriously think Apple has two pay rolls? One disclosed and one undisclosed.

Messi did get undisclosed pay. Shoddy dealings like that obviously do exist.

No, they don't.

You seriously think Apple has two pay rolls? One disclosed and one undisclosed.

Messi did get undisclosed pay. Shoddy dealings like that obviously do exist.

apple doesn't make the salaries of individual employees public other than the officers they are required to disclose. they are a public company.

again, the pay of most people is not disclosed, as you know.

zuffa is not a public company.

WTF is wrong with you? You honestly think you are the only person here to have figured that out?

It's easy to understand where the UFC's business dealings come from. The Fertittas. This is how the Mafia works.
Dude, wtf is wrong with YOU? Don't you understand the concept of a business? The UFC wants to make money so of course they're going to favor people who put on exciting fights or those who fight with reckless abandon or even those who suck but are extremely popular. Do you live in fairy tale land where money doesn't matter?

Hah! Dana made the backroom bonuses sound like millions of dollars.. 3-10k later..

I don't know but bisping said he make like 70k or something in backroom bonus in only his second fight I believe. Granted he was one of the first marketable english fighters so that was probably incentive

yeah, i think most people had this figured out already but i guess this confirms it
I think it has been confirmed a few times by fighters,

one example that pops out to me right now is when Maldonado fought Glover... and the doctor stopped it after Maldonado refused to go down (very good fight by the way).

Maldonado tweeted from the hospital thanking Dana and Lorenzo I believe, for taking care of him and for the bonus (despite the loss).

FACT:

If you fought a certain entertaining but mindless way, which goes against the benefit of your long-term career and health, you were given back-room bonuses and job security- temporarily.

If you fought in certain ways that was deemed 'less entertaining' by Dana White, despite it being safe for you to ensure your win and win bonus, and betterment of your career- you were openly 'punished' by Dana White... especially so with Grapplers: Shields, Fitch, Okami... etc

It's just a matter of time before this whole shit show gets exposed. WAY too much fight manipulation for the longest time by Zuffa
Would it be too weird if I rephrase what you said in the following way:

Fighters who are not afraid of fighting a fight get bonuses, while fighters who want to win by exploiting the time limit/scorecards don't.

I can't cope with a guy willing to fight for the UFC just as so as he doesn't suffer any sort of damage.
In fact we fired Elias Theodorou for that, just look at the long list of FOTN bonuses GSP never had.

derp. he gave 2 examples, and again we know for a fact that there have been much bigger bonuses as well.
Yeah but he also said that Dana and Lorenzo had to approve it or not. So lets not kid oursevles and act like Dana gave out a bunch of these bonuses like the article is implying. Dana had the power to, but I doubt Dana gave out a lot, especially the amounts he is acting like he did. I think the 3 and 10k are a lot closer to avg than these fantasized $250k back room blow jobs, I mean bonuses.

It's a sport.

Manipulating sports events is a serious crime, in case you haven't heard.
As far as I'm aware, they are not manipulating the fights, they are simply paying some fighters more than others, giving undisclosed bonus and so forth.

derp. he gave 2 examples, and again we know for a fact that there have been much bigger bonuses as well.
Derp. Of course there have been higher bonuses. Does that mean they’re all millions of dollars, as Dana routinely eludes to? Nope.

I don't know but bisping said he make like 70k or something in backroom bonus in only his second fight I believe. Granted he was one of the first marketable english fighters so that was probably incentive
Like I just said to the other guy, I too believe there have been bigger bonuses in the history of bonuses, but Dana makes them seem like they are all life changing amounts, and we all know that isnt the case. We’d have alot more fighters pleading for backroom bonus instead of the 50k every event.

in a recent interview, the korean zombie said he got a big bonus after he ko'ed moicano. he said it was more than any bonuses he'd gotten in the past, so it was definitely not the standard potn bonus. we all know he's gotten the bonus in every ufc fight he's been in, except aldo fight if im not mistaken. also, dana paid shogun's "tax" right after he lost to machida (250k i think).

Derp. Of course there have been higher bonuses. Does that mean they’re all millions of dollars, as Dana routinely eludes to? Nope.
quote dana routinely eluding to millions of dollar backroom bonuses....

Back