UFC 269 kinda sucks

kinda used to it. used to be every other ppv was stacked, now they have like one stacked event per year.

I had no idea this card was happening this week until a friend mentioned it. I then go and look it up and was pretty underwhelmed by the card. Outside of the main event there isn't a single fight I want to see. I'm so used to UFC doing a stack card in December to close out the year, so maybe I'm judging this unfairly against past December ppv cards. But even considering that I don't think I would be excited for this card under other circumstances. Honestly a card like this would have been just barely good enough to be a Fox card, let alone ppv. But I digress, shits been getting watered down for years now so its to be expected
Once Jorge vs Leon got cancelled, it became a fight night worthy card.

The TS comments made me wonder, when people say other promotions, ala. Bellator, need better promotion, what exactly do they mean?

like do people get UFC ads or something? I usually just check out tapology to check out the cards for the next month, but I assume people just know UFC is on every Saturday so they don’t really need to promote

CHARLES OLIVEIRA vs DUSTIN POIRIER Great fight

Amanda Nunes vs Julianna Pena Fun fight

Geoff Neal vs Santiago Ponzinibbio Pretty sure this fight is gonna be a BANGER

Kai Kara France vs Cody Garbrandt Most likely gonna be another banger

Raulian Paiva vs Sean O'Malley Omalley is never in a boring fight.

Josh Emmett vs Dan Ige Another good fight

Pedro Munhoz vs Dominick Cruz Another good fight

Augusto Sakai vs Tai Tuivasa Another potential banger that will likely result in a KO

Bruno Silva vs Jordan Wright These guys can fight. It's most likely going to be a banger.

IDK what's going on in your personal life OP, but the main event looks pretty damn good to me. Especially if you like strikers and well rounded grappling.
Whats fun about the co main? Predictable seems more appropriate than fun

Trolling is becoming so lame on here.

Solid card. Looking forward to watching Dustin get whooped, Amanda and Pena giving us FOTN, Sean O'Malley being tested, Cruz returning, Jordan Wright being ran over, and Blanchfield vs Maverick being a banger.
I will be stunned if co main is FoTN

It is lacking depth for sure. Remember it originally had Figgy/Moreno 3 on it, then they rescheduled that for 270 so they could add Jorge/Leon to 269 instead (should have kept both on there imo) then Jorge/Leon fell through, and here we are.

By no means in epic card but it looks decent on paper. I’ve watched and enjoyed far worse

What a noob move to judge a card by its cover. We know better than that by now.

Another thing I learned is that you also create the mood for the cards that you’re watching and enjoy

They don't put title fights on Fight Nights, sorry.

But let's be real, if a WMMA title fight were headlining a FN, you'd complain about that too
It has happened before actually. Ufc Shenzen was a fightnight and that's when weili won the title

It really needed the Edwards vs Masvidal fight to stay on it, huge loss

Back