UFC 269 kinda sucks

Unless conman is fighting, the UFC barely does any marketing these days.

Kai Kara France typically puts on a good fight. I'll tune in for that and the main event.

every main card its the same "theres no buzz, i only heard about this from ..." this alone shows you there is buzz, if there wasn't buzz you wouldnt hear about it at all

It's not UFC 217 but it's a pretty decent card. Kinda whack that they pushed Figgy and Moreno 3 off, especially considering the likelihood of losing at least one or two big fights these days. And they could have easily squeezed in a Khamzat fight if they wanted. But all in all, a card with meaningful matchups spread throughout so that's solid in my book.

I think it's a decent card, but not that good.

Edit: Let's not forget that Mas vs. Edwards was confirmed in this card, right? And I think there was also Moreno vs. Figueiredo 3 that was moved to the january ppv card.
So it's great that it is still a decent card, despite not having those fights.

I had no idea this card was happening this week until a friend mentioned it. I then go and look it up and was pretty underwhelmed by the card. Outside of the main event there isn't a single fight I want to see. I'm so used to UFC doing a stack card in December to close out the year, so maybe I'm judging this unfairly against past December ppv cards. But even considering that I don't think I would be excited for this card under other circumstances. Honestly a card like this would have been just barely good enough to be a Fox card, let alone ppv. But I digress, shits been getting watered down for years now so its to be expected
cocaine is one hell of a drug

Weekly Daily Hourly UFC is dying thread....
Fixed

PS.
It's a pretty stacked card imo. 2 Championship fights, and all but 1 of the main/prelim card fights have known commodities with recognizable names. Most are contenders in their division.

And the EARLY prelims have some decent names.
Ryan hall, Erik Anders, Alex Perez, Miranda Maverick.

I mean Conor isn't on the card but it's probably one of the 5 most stacked cards of the year IMO.

Early prelims have Ryan Hall
prelims have Josh Emmett, Dom Cruz, Tai Tuivasa, and beverly hills ninja
main event has suga, cody (just bleed disciple).. geoff vs ponz is ok..amanda nunes SKIP.. then charlie olives vs lousiana swamp trash

i dont know bro this card is definitely quite good at least to me.

i agree with ts in that it's a meh card, but only bc the matchups are meh - the fighters themselves are perfectly fine, but hardly any of the matchups have that "x factor" (except ige/emmett and oliveira/poirier but that's only 2 fights out of 15)

let's go down the card:
oliviera v. poirier is fine
nunes v. pena is a foregone conclusion
neal v. ponzi - ponzi on the downhill
kara-france v. garbrandt - KKF got that bs finish last time and cody is already chinny at 135 let alone 125
o'malley v. paiva LOL ok ya got me for the lols here o'malley is fucked and i'm here for it
emmett v. ige is fine
munhoz v. cruz i'm fucking sick of watching cruz play hopscotch in the cage and munhoz was the softest softball the UFC could give him
(meh bracket)
ok perez v. schnell promises to be good... but fast
ryan hall! love that guy. against... darrick minner? woo yeah fucking fireworks there #sarcasm
(the last 2 are fine fights but meh)

i'll be watching prelims at home since i got them anyway but i'm staying home from the pub for the main and will catch up on results later

8259df31d38e72ddda28b24a19f4a292.gif

@Rebelfett <{1-9}>Hold me back... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

@NorrisB. yep ufc is dying :(

alexa bliss

Back