UFC 269 kinda sucks

I had no idea this card was happening this week until a friend mentioned it. I then go and look it up and was pretty underwhelmed by the card. Outside of the main event there isn't a single fight I want to see. I'm so used to UFC doing a stack card in December to close out the year, so maybe I'm judging this unfairly against past December ppv cards. But even considering that I don't think I would be excited for this card under other circumstances. Honestly a card like this would have been just barely good enough to be a Fox card, let alone ppv. But I digress, shits been getting watered down for years now so its to be expected
Are you just letting us know your friend is more of a fan than you?

O'Malley on the main card leaves a bad taste in my mouth personally. But dude's made himself a draw I guess, so fuck it.
That's what people say but...honestly if he doesn't have a fight coming up in a week or two, nobody talks about him. Is he really a draw or does the UFC just keep repeating it so much that people believe it?

He's a top talent for sure but the guy doesn't really have a lot of noise. There's multiple Khamzat threads every day but when was the last O'Malley thread? Khamzat doesn't even have a fight booked and O'Malley is fighting this week.

Co main and opening main card fight don’t interest me.

Other main card fights sure do though.

Huh? Great main event. Co main is a bit meh but will likely be fun to watch. Then you have clown hair Sean O'Malley who is always fun to watch along with Garbrandt and Ponzi (if fight is still on?). The main problem with the main card is that the first three fights each have a fun fighter but not a very interesting opponent. Solid 7/10 fight card and could end up being very fun to watch. But yeah, it's not a card stacked with "as a hardcore fan I enjoy watching mediocre and boring fighters that are disguised as prospects" like most cards are today.

Just about every fight on the whole card including the prelims is worth watching, it maybe misses a couple of blockbuster matchups but there's 17 ranked fighters on this card.

I agree with you, but this guy says it's barely watchable lol.

I actually think it’s pretty damn good. Made a post about it a few days ago. To each their own.

It's a great card....some of you guys have horrible taste. Nearly every fight has a named fighter of some relevance.

Okay tbh I keep getting Miranda Maverick confused with Andrea Lee, I think because Maverick is named Maverick but Lee is the one from Texas who wears a cowboy hat. Anyway Erin Blanchfield is a prospect that a lot of people seem to be high on

That's what people say but...honestly if he doesn't have a fight coming up in a week or two, nobody talks about him. Is he really a draw or does the UFC just keep repeating it so much that people believe it?

He's a top talent for sure but the guy doesn't really have a lot of noise. There's multiple Khamzat threads every day but when was the last O'Malley thread? Khamzat doesn't even have a fight booked and O'Malley is fighting this week.

Sherdog is mostly old dudes, that's not the demographic that likes O'Malley.

Huh? Great main event. Co main is a bit meh but will likely be fun to watch. Then you have clown hair Sean O'Malley who is always fun to watch along with Garbrandt and Ponzi (if fight is still on?). The main problem with the main card is that the first three fights each have a fun fighter but not a very interesting opponent. Solid 7/10 fight card and could end up being very fun to watch. But yeah, it's not a card stacked with "as a hardcore fan I enjoy watching mediocre and boring fighters that are disguised as prospects" like most cards are today.
Yeh Paiva is fun, shame about his opponent

TS is proud of being a filthy casual.

Really? I feel like it's a great card. Remind me later to hype up the following fights:

Ryan Hall vs Darrick Minner
Pedro Munhoz vs Dominick Cruz
Cody Garbrandt vs Kai Kara-France
Sean O'Malley vs Raulian Paiva
Josh Emmett vs Dan Ige
Tai Tuivasa vs Augusto Sakai
Geoff Neal vs Santiago Ponzinibbio
Erin Blanchfield vs Miranda Maverick
That's a good Fight Night card, all by itself.

Plus Bruno Silva vs The Beverly Hills Ninja and Tony Kelley vs Randy Costa.

OP gonna get some hate, but he's not really wrong.

Personally I hate the back to back 5 round fights. It's an easy way to make a potentially underwhelming card, long as hell. Two fights shouldn't take 90 minutes.

Not the most stacked PPV there is, but it's pretty solid.
The main event feels underwhelming if you're into drama and all that, but it's a massive fight regardless. Granted Nunez fights are a tad boring given the obvious dearth of competition but if Geoff Neal is able to fight, with Kai-Kara France fighting Neck Tats also, the main card is pretty good. Clown Hair is also good for shits and giggles if he underwhelms yet again or gets some shit broken in.
The prelimns are a banger - Jordan Wright is fighting, as is Tuivasa vs. Sakai, Emmett and Ige.
Heck Muniz and Hall are in the early prelims.

All I'm saying, as a certified casual, is this card is pretty exciting.

Super fun card with an epic title fight.

Brought down tremendously by the inclusion of WMMA.

The highest possible rating the card could theoretically have acheived would be an 8 with the inclusion of women fighting. That would be for a Rousey/Holm, Nunes/Cyborg type fight. This is Pena though, so we're looking at at least a drop of 2.

6/10. (Arguably an 8)

some big names on the card but then they're fighting some not so big names but there's some decent fights on there

Last edited:
Back