UFC 269 kinda sucks

It's a good card, TS is just finding a year-end thing to whine about.

CHARLES OLIVEIRA vs DUSTIN POIRIER Great fight

Amanda Nunes vs Julianna Pena Fun fight

Geoff Neal vs Santiago Ponzinibbio Pretty sure this fight is gonna be a BANGER

Kai Kara France vs Cody Garbrandt Most likely gonna be another banger

Raulian Paiva vs Sean O'Malley Omalley is never in a boring fight.

Josh Emmett vs Dan Ige Another good fight

Pedro Munhoz vs Dominick Cruz Another good fight

Augusto Sakai vs Tai Tuivasa Another potential banger that will likely result in a KO

Bruno Silva vs Jordan Wright These guys can fight. It's most likely going to be a banger.

IDK what's going on in your personal life OP, but the main event looks pretty damn good to me. Especially if you like strikers and well rounded grappling.

I wish the Cruz fight was on the main card, overall not a bad card, will probably tune in after the Capitals game, obviously the main event is by far the best fight which will win FOTY

Not the most stacked PPV there is, but it's pretty solid.
The main event feels underwhelming if you're into drama and all that, but it's a massive fight regardless. Granted Nunez fights are a tad boring given the obvious dearth of competition but if Geoff Neal is able to fight, with Kai-Kara France fighting Neck Tats also, the main card is pretty good. Clown Hair is also good for shits and giggles if he underwhelms yet again or gets some shit broken in.
The prelimns are a banger - Jordan Wright is fighting, as is Tuivasa vs. Sakai, Emmett and Ige.
Heck Muniz and Hall are in the early prelims.

All I'm saying, as a certified casual, is this card is pretty exciting.
Liked for use of the word dearth.

Looks kind of stacked to me. There's gonna be a lot of great fights and finishes on this card.

I had no idea this card was happening this week until a friend mentioned it. I then go and look it up and was pretty underwhelmed by the card. Outside of the main event there isn't a single fight I want to see. I'm so used to UFC doing a stack card in December to close out the year, so maybe I'm judging this unfairly against past December ppv cards. But even considering that I don't think I would be excited for this card under other circumstances. Honestly a card like this would have been just barely good enough to be a Fox card, let alone ppv. But I digress, shits been getting watered down for years now so its to be expected
Card is stacked, you kinda suck.

-Hall vs Minner should be an interesting grapple/sub fest. . . or just Hall getting mauled by someone better-rounded again. Win win.
-Seeing what Andre Muniz can do against a guy like Anders could be interesting as well.
-Bruno Silva vs Jordan Wrights SHOULD be fireworks.....
-as should Emmett vs IGE. Serious barn-burner potential there.
-Kai vs Cody should be fun
-and (sober) Neal vs Ponzyscheme should be a blast as well....
-not to mention the friggin main event.

Stop yer land-lubbin bellyachin, ye sound liken to a stowed away cabin boy bent athwarrt the rum puncheon.
Really? I feel like it's a great card. Remind me later to hype up the following fights:

Ryan Hall vs Darrick Minner
Pedro Munhoz vs Dominick Cruz
Cody Garbrandt vs Kai Kara-France
Sean O'Malley vs Raulian Paiva
Josh Emmett vs Dan Ige
Tai Tuivasa vs Augusto Sakai
Geoff Neal vs Santiago Ponzinibbio
Erin Blanchfield vs Miranda Maverick
haha-captain.gif

My thoughts exactly. These bellyachin landlubbers sound like stowed away cabin boys bent athwart the hull's rum puncheons.

Trolling is becoming so lame on here.

Solid card. Looking forward to watching Dustin get whooped, Amanda and Pena giving us FOTN, Sean O'Malley being tested, Cruz returning, Jordan Wright being ran over, and Blanchfield vs Maverick being a banger.

I had no idea this card was happening this week until a friend mentioned it. I then go and look it up and was pretty underwhelmed by the card. Outside of the main event there isn't a single fight I want to see. I'm so used to UFC doing a stack card in December to close out the year, so maybe I'm judging this unfairly against past December ppv cards. But even considering that I don't think I would be excited for this card under other circumstances. Honestly a card like this would have been just barely good enough to be a Fox card, let alone ppv. But I digress, shits been getting watered down for years now so its to be expected
you are either a super casual who only thinks cards are great when MacGregor is on it or just the dude that is constantly talking about how the UFC is dying, there are too many cards, fighter pay is bad, Dana sucks and has ruined the UFC....u get it. But i guess Sherdog gotta Sherdog.

This card is a solid 7/10 maybe even 8/10. Even the prelim WMMA fights are good.

Every fight in the main card is either a championship, or with two ranked fighters squaring off with at least one of them as an established, proven name, except for O'Malley, who is a pretty decent talent and name. The prelims have a lot of quality fighters, for prelim fights.

That's how good cards are supposed to be, I thought.

time to delete your account, casual. If the names on this card don't excite you, you've lost interest in the sport and should let it go instead of bitching like a baby

This is the problem of having too many cards in one year. The UFC doesn't promote its PPV as much as it used to because the promotion airs fights just about every month. I didn't know about 269 until I saw a pop-up ad on ESPN several days ago.

Its not the card, its the promotion, didnt even watched Nunes part of the Countdown, embedded is filled with her and her family and the "mom angle" against an OVERMATCHED opponent, but i guess thats the only new matchup they could come up with.

Dudes never in a boring fight, just go with the flow.
Fair point. I'd be more excited seeing how his style works against better competition. But it's bullshit to ask him to lose more brain cells for nothing.

Back