UFC 237 Namajunas vs Andrade

Aldo has eaten wrestle-boxers his entire career. He best a prime Edgar & Mendes twice each; no disrespect to Volkanovski who I think will hang around the top 5 a while & possibly get a title shot later but this is bad for him. Now he fights a 3 rounder (cardio no issue for Jose), in Brazil (home cooking/crowd swaying close rounds etc).

I went to Brazil a few years back and humidity/heat is different to Australia, I don't think it'll hurt Volkan but it certainly won't help travelling a day to get there then adjusting however slight that adjustment is. He's really up against it here; still, need to know more about this knee injury for Jose. He almost had to pull out didn't he?

Aldo, I'm waiting on the knee injury news. If he gets to the fight healthy I cap him around -175, maybe -200 so I will be on for a few units on current odds (-110).

Just to clarify, it was actually a bacterial infection stemming from a small cut on his knee. As of about a month ago, he was released from the hospital and at this point there doesn't seem to be any reason to believe he won't be healthy for the fight.

Cannon has fought at HW, he wrestled Ion to a decision at 205 and just KO'd Branch at MW.

Cannon did decision Ion, but I wouldn't say it was via wrestling. He ended up on top during a scramble at the end of round 2, but most of his success was on the feet.

Aldo ml is a good play in a 3 rounder in brazil. Regarding namajunas vs andrade, the underdog is the right side. tough matchup, but I see rose winning a dec ala jj vs jessica most of the times. Wouldn't be surprised at all if andrade pulls off a ko tho.

Anderson vs cannonier is a question mark. Anderson by dec maybe??

Clay guida is 99% winning this. Bj should have retired like 5 years ago and guida has looked very decent lately.

Thiago silva, moises and trinaldo's fights are very interesting imo.

Last edited:
Aldo ml is a good play in a 3 rounder in brazil. Regarding namajunas vs andrade, the underdog is the right side. tough matchup, but I see rose winning a dec ala jj vs jessica most of the times. Wouldn't be surprised at all if andrade pulls off a ko tho.

Anderson vs cannonier is a question mark. Anderson by dec maybe??

Clay guida is 99% winning this. Bj should have retired like 5 years ago and guida has looked very decent lately.

Thiago silva, moises and trinaldo's fights are very interesting imo.
One thing I’ll dispute about this is Rose via decision
Jessica with her style on home turf i think makes that a risky bet should it go to decision

One thing I’ll dispute about this is Rose via decision
Jessica with her style on home turf i think makes that a risky bet should it go to decision
Good point. Still, I doubt andrade wins a dec. It's a great matchup

Just to clarify, it was actually a bacterial infection stemming from a small cut on his knee. As of about a month ago, he was released from the hospital and at this point there doesn't seem to be any reason to believe he won't be healthy for the fight.

Cannon did decision Ion, but I wouldn't say it was via wrestling. He ended up on top during a scramble at the end of round 2, but most of his success was on the feet.
I may (obviously do) remember that wrong as i havent watched since the fight live. I thought he went for, and got a couple TDs though

Fuck the Ottowa card

Got Aldo at 1.80 & Carlos Diego Ferreira at 1.90

Think Rose needs a finish inside 3 rounds but I'm really not seeing how. Andrade has been submitted by being wreckless before with bigger girls but has improved since and people like Gadelha with better BJJ didn't come close to a sub, Angela Hill dropped Andrade but other than that her chins been solid and its not like Rose is a big hitter anyway.

Don't want to go heavy on a WMMA main event but feels like a lot of value on Andrade.

Think Rose needs a finish inside 3 rounds but I'm really not seeing how. Andrade has been submitted by being wreckless before with bigger girls but has improved since and people like Gadelha with better BJJ didn't come close to a sub, Angela Hill dropped Andrade but other than that her chins been solid and its not like Rose is a big hitter anyway.

Don't want to go heavy on a WMMA main event but feels like a lot of value on Andrade.
Also this is highly speculative but doesn’t Rose like freak out at the slightest shit?
I remember reading she had mental breakdowns leaving her house post mcgregor incident.

So hows she gonna handle 10 thousand Brazilians yelling at her to die lol

Also this is highly speculative but doesn’t Rose like freak out at the slightest shit?
I remember reading she had mental breakdowns leaving her house post mcgregor incident.

That was my first thought when they announced it in Brazil. Rose habitually breaks under pressure yet is facing the best pressure fighter in the division in a situation like that. Even if she holds it together I think she'll gas fighting on the backfoot (assuming she can do that effectively like Joanna did vs Andrade) as we've seen her slow before vs Joanna and Karolina.

yea this is a good point. Rose and her team seem easily rattled and fighting in Brazil will be a real experience that will test them.

I really like Elias over Brunson. Elias just has that annoying busy style where he spams kicks and stays busy. I think Elias takes a decision here unless Brunson catches him somewhere early.

Brunson's last six wins are by r1 KO and he hasn't won a decision since 2014.

I really like Elias over Brunson. Elias just has that annoying busy style where he spams kicks and stays busy. I think Elias takes a decision here unless Brunson catches him somewhere early.

Brunson's last six wins are by r1 KO and he hasn't won a decision since 2014.

To be fair he's only gone to decision once since 2014 and that was the robbery against Silva. He should be 3-0 in fights that went the distance in the UFC.

Before we get too carried away analyzing Rose's mental state, we should remember that her last fight was literally the day after the dolly incident.

Before we get too carried away analyzing Rose's mental state, we should remember that her last fight was literally the day after the dolly incident.

Yeah people are putting way too much thought into that, it's a non-factor for me

Iirc on Ariel's show Rose said she was the one who asked to fight Andrade in Brazil. Whatever that means to anyone. Psycho analyzing as well as analyzing body composition has cost a lot of money in this forum.

Back