UFC 229 is Not Looking Good

This could also be another quick finish if Connor catches Khabib. Seems like every time the UFC has a main event that is gona capture even the casuals attention, it is a quick fight where people will feel like didn't get money's worth. Connor vs Jose an Eddie, Ronda vs everyone, Chuck vs Rampage, Lesnar vs Cain, JDS vs Cain (I know that was on fox but it was most ppl ever watching an mma event)

Yup, looks pretty meh. They need at least 2 or 3 strong fights on main card.

Lewis v Volkov will co-main. Still a shitcard tho.
Calling it now, that fight will be terrible.

Volkov will keep distance, score jabs and kicks. He will win a boring decision.

Over 2.5 and laugh all the way to the bank. It's so obvious this fight will be boring, why put it together? This is the problem with UFC these days, absolutely no clue how to match up fighters

Conor would sell a million with JJ Aldrich as co main, why waste good fights on a Conor card when you can just put them on the next one and stack that one and have 2 good PPV's.

conor, brock & ronda attract viewers who dont always watch. you want to get them more interested, show them other great fighters, create some more draws.

or you just take the quick money route like ufc usually does

This thread title is laughable. Who was the undercard for Mayweather v. Pacquiao? Yeah, I don't remember either.

Thats boxing tho..which is a nearly dead sport..we dont want that for mma

it is a very bad move. You want all high level fights you can get on this card in order to make fans of the casuals who will be ordering this

Am I the only one that thinks this is a good card ? What I missing

Woodley’s cArd has 3 wmma fights

Conor v khabib
Lewis v volkov — two exciting top 10 guys
Osp v Reyes — if Reyes can put away osp he will be next legit contender at 205
Pettis v formeiga - two top 5 flws great classic grappler v striker fight

Gimme one More exciting mid level fight and one of the best cards of the year ?

Bitch they don't give a fuck. Conor vs Khabib is the main event.

The UFC never trusted Conor enough, to carry a whole UFC by himself........Unlike Floyd who carries shit cards.....It's all facade to make Conor look bigger than he is.
you just went full retard , retard

Because the main event will sell no matter how stacked the rest of the card is. There will be so many casuals tuning that won’t know any different. Think about it, how many more PPV buys would another title fight or two on the card bring? Probably not many. You are either buying this card, or you aren’t. Instead of stacking it with more high end matchups on the card, they can use them to fill other events. It’s a pretty smart business decision really.

The UFC knows that the co-main on a Conor card means next to nothing for the PPV buys . Top heavy cards with crap from the third fight down is the new norm

Conor would sell a million with JJ Aldrich as co main, why waste good fights on a Conor card when you can just put them on the next one and stack that one and have 2 good PPV's.
This

UFC really has brainwashed a lot of fans to think and assess events like they are shareholders. How challenged can you get to support crappy fight cards because it sustains even more profit for WME. YEAH GREAT.

I get it people want to feel special and identify with a multibilliondollar company but that really has developed into a pathologic behaviour on sherdog.

I feel sorry for anyone attending this event if the card really stays this shitty.

Just as a reminder UFC 194 main card:
Aldo vs McGregor
Rockhold vs Weidman
Jacare vs Romero
Maia vs Nelson
Holloway vs. Stephens.

Because the main event will sell no matter how stacked the rest of the card is. There will be so many casuals tuning that won’t know any different. Think about it, how many more PPV buys would another title fight or two on the card bring? Probably not many. You are either buying this card, or you aren’t. Instead of stacking it with more high end matchups on the card, they can use them to fill other events. It’s a pretty smart business decision really.

all those casuals will see the rest of the card and be like "yeah, thats why I only watch conor bro". its not smart at all, its a quick money decision instead of trying to build a larger fan base.

UQJs12z.png

I don't get it, why would they put together such a bad card when you have Khabib vs Conor as the main event?

Seriously, I expected them to put together some crazy card leading to the main event but they don't even have a decent co-main. This is disappointing.

UFC 230 is way more stacked. I mean they have the following on the main card,

Ronaldo Souza vs. David Branch
Yoel Romero vs. Paulo Costa
Dustin Poirier vs. Nate Diaz
Derek Brunson vs. Israel Adesanya
Lyman Good vs. Sultan Aliev

Why didn't they schedule some of those fights on UFC 229 instead? They are just a month apart.

What do you guys think about the card?
Formiga vs Pettis is going to be a solid fight and if Formiga wins, him or Ortiz prob fight Cejudo next, if DJ can't fight because of his injury. Reyes vs OSP will deliver, as will Lewis vs Volkov. Herring vs Waterson will be a decent fight too.

Only Champs get ppv points, unless otherwise stipulated in their contract.

Opposite is true. If Conor can sell all by himself then why not spread out other potential attractions on other cards rather than try and stack them up on 1 card?

Conor sells by himself. Adding other higher profile fighters won't add buys but it does eliminate potential main eventers for other cards.

This is true. It is kind of strange though cause everyother card he's been on with the possible exception of the Diaz 1 card has been stacked.

PPV points must be it or I'm sure the 230 card would have been the 229 card.

Didn't Conor specifically negotiate that he doesn't want to share ppv points with other fighters? Thus we won't ever get another blockbuster card with him on it ever again.

Why would he want this, to fuck other fighters? Take all the glory for himself?

The UFC has been known to know that one fight will sell a card so they don’t want to “waste” adding other top fights to it when they can add them to another card.

Why would he want this, to fuck other fighters? Take all the glory for himself?

PPV points as the guy said. If another champion or big name is on the card they will take a part of the total revenue. If the PPV sold 2 million due to Conor, why the hell would he want another guy on the card to take even more money out of his pocket.

They need one more really good fight as the co main and then with OSP/Reyes, Pettis/Formiga and Waterson/Herrig you got a good ppv.

Back