UFC 227 early PPV estimate is 300k

That's terrible for a card with two title fights

We can only hope Conor sticks around long enough for a couple of new stars come along

Meltzer said that UFC is hoping Jones gets 1 year suspension & have a fight ready for him to headline at MSG

So lets review:
Oct: McGregor
Nov: Jones
Dec: GSP (in Canada)
Jan: Brock

If that comes together it might be the best 4 months in UFC PPV history (plus the NYE card)

Doesn't he have to get back into the USADA pool like Lesner? I remember reading that Jones hasn't been tested this year at all.

Doesn't he have to get back into the USADA pool like Lesner? I remember reading that Jones hasn't been tested this year at all.

He never left the pool
In cases like that he will be tested non-stop if he signs a bout agreement

giphy.gif

This is great , 300K is considered good atm for a PPV for a company bought for 4 Billion , guess the Ferrtita's will be buying it back for 10-20 % of that at some point <45>

They had him on two Jones cards as a co-main
I only remember the jones vitor when they introduced the flw title i dont remember a time after that he was supposed to be on 178 jones dc but dc pulled out and he headlined.

I only remember the jones vitor when they introduced the flw title i dont remember a time after that he was supposed to be on 178 jones dc but dc pulled out and he headlined.

UFC 197
So that is three times they wanted to pair him with Jones

300K is a good PPV # now?
Equivalent to 330k before the PPV price increase; it's a good buyrate considering the main/co-main (Dillashaw/Johnson have historically been in the 100-200k range).

I dunno, TJ and Cruz got good ratings on for their fight so give him credit too

If TJ can defend the title for a while, and the UFC machine really decides to get behind him... I could see him maybe draw a constant 250-300K on Pay Per View. His fights are so exciting, and skills amazing, that peeps will tune in. However the UFC deep down wished Cody could have gotten that Belt Back. I'm definitely not liking his Neck Tat... but he's got the "Look" of a fighter... and has bombs in his hand! But with that Chin Man... he might never sniff another title again! Time will tell!

Back