UFC 227 early PPV estimate is 300k

Surprised by that. Maybe the bad blood or title fights. It's also like the most boring uneventful time of the year in America sports.

Didn't Dillashaw vs Barao 2 do 3.8 million on FOX?

''Saturday's night's UFC on FOX show, powered by a strong last two fights, was the highest rated of the UFC's four annual summer specials on the network.

The full two-and-half-hour show did a 1.7 rating and 2,756,000 viewers, peaking with a 2.4 rating and 3.8 million viewers for the T.J. Dillashaw title defense against Renan Barao. The three prior July shows on FOX did either a 1.4 or 1.5 rating, and between 2.38 and 2.5 million viewers. The main event would have also been the most watched UFC fight of those four shows.''
Yeah because title fights are very rarely put on free TV. The only time it happens is when two guys who are not PPV draws are fighting, like Mighty Mouse/Reis and TJ/Barao. The first FOX show is an obvious exception, as the UFC really wanted to impress their new crowd by putting Cain vs JDS I on it.
I've been trying to tell people, the real premier divisions in MMA are the lower weight classes.

DC vs Stipe had more hype and more promotion and drew less lmao

227 was on the strength of TJ vs Cody and Henry Cuedjo

Good numbers compared to the current landscape
UFC 226 did 80k more buys than 227 dude....

It absolutely did not "draw less"

Yeah because title fights are very rarely put on free TV. The only time it happens is when two guys who are not PPV draws are fighting, like Mighty Mouse/Reis and TJ/Barao. The first FOX show is an obvious exception, as the UFC really wanted to impress their new crowd by putting Cain vs JDS I on it.

UFC 226 did more buys than 227 dude....
With way more hype and more promotion, it only did 80k more lmao

And that's as OF RIGHT NOW

Numbers to UFC 227 are still early estimates and will likely be higher once everything is totaled

Johnson vs Reis drew lowest overnight numbers in UFC on Fox history while TJ vs Barao did the highest.

With way more hype and more promotion, it only did 80k more lmao

And that's as OF RIGHT NOW

Numbers to UFC 227 are still early estimates and will likely be higher once everything is totaled

<36>

As if almost 30% more was like nothing...

The UFC actually did something right for once. They put 2 fighters who are draws on the comain of a gsp card, and boom they attracted more viewers the next time the 2 fought.

Shame they have NEVER bothered to try this with mighty mouse.

The UFC actually did something right for once. They put 2 fighters who are draws on the comain of a gsp card, and boom they attracted more viewers the next time the 2 fought.

Shame they have NEVER bothered to try this with mighty mouse.

They had him on two Jones cards as a co-main
they also had him headline on Fox for free & the last time, Fox promoted it heavily as the "greatest pound for pound fighter in UFC" & people just didn't care

Funny but now if he gets an immediate rematch he will draw better I bet

It was a solid event, glad it did decently. I wasn't really interested in either rematch but both delivered.

I don't know where "MMA fans" on sherdog ever got this weird false misconception that LHW/HW sell

"Bu bu but the HWs"

The biggest draws in boxing history fought at 140/147lbs ...OSCAR/PACQUIAO/FLOYD

Canelo fought at 154 and is now at 160

Conor the biggest star in Combat Sports history who has an absurd 1.3 million PPV average, is a FW/LW

Four of the five highest selling PPVs of all time which all belong to Conor (Conor's star power is out of this world) were FW/LW/WW fights

It's sad how much people downplay or ignore the massive amounts of positive influences Conor has had on MMA.

Because it's Conor who got eyes watching the lower weights in MMA (where the real talent and skill always was/is)

Bless Conor.

Everyone thank Conor, from the fighters that benefitted off Conor to the fans

Last edited:
I think TJ is a draw because of his style. He is fun as fuck to watch n he knocks dudes out.
All these people saying he's not a draw are the one's who watch fights for their press conferences

Back