UFC 227 early PPV estimate is 300k

FrankieNYC

STUFF!
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Meltzer:
Early indications are the PPV did better than expected as well. There are very early reports that indicate a number around 300,000, which is well above what I would have figured.

Last edited:
Much better than expected
I think the o/u was 200k

dillashaw is a draw

WTF knows?
If that number holds up, it is only 80k short of Stipe/DC

Makes no sense, but the show sold out as well, so people were interested

Meltzer said that UFC is hoping Jones gets 1 year suspension & have a fight ready for him to headline at MSG

So lets review:
Oct: McGregor
Nov: Jones
Dec: GSP (in Canada)
Jan: Brock

If that comes together it might be the best 4 months in UFC PPV history (plus the NYE card)

The PPV model is almost dead.

They should increase the monthly fee for Fight Pass, and include all shows for subscribers.

dillashaw is a draw
Cody's more of a draw than Dillashaw; just check out the difference in their social media presence.

The two PPVs that TJ headlined before this did 125k and 215k buys.

WTF knows?
If that number holds up, it is only 80k short of Stipe/DC

Makes no sense, but the show sold out as well, so people were interested
yeah like wtf, who the fuck is a draw. but 300k nowadays is pretty good. definitely impressed

I guess people like rivarlies and bad blood. Stipe and DC had no beef. While Tj-Cody rivarly is one of the most tense currently.

Cody's more of a draw than Dillashaw; just check out the difference in their social media presence.

The two PPVs that TJ headlined before this did 125k and 215k buys.
You mean Cody was a bigger draw? i dont know how many people jumping to buy his ppv now. May still be bigger but if TJ can finish Cruz we may have something.

You mean Cody was a bigger draw? i dont know how many people jumping to buy his ppv now. May still be bigger but if TJ can finish Cruz we may have something.
TJ just doesn't have the it factor to be a draw

He could KO Cruz in 1 minute and still never headline a PPV that does more than 250k buys, in all likelihood.

I guess people like rivarlies and bad blood. Stipe and DC had no beef. While Tj-Cody rivarly is one of the most tense currently.

I think you might be right & that the feud sold the card more than any individual.

Double title fight + feud.

Fans like storylines...they want that real shit.

This feud has been going on forever, involved Conor (tuf), they fought on a big night (rose/JJ gsp/ping), they are good looking (you homo) and people are actually starting to like MM (he plays fortnite).

And.... b dubs was packed and loud so ——>

I not surprised sherdog cuckers

It's most likely Garbrandt.

TJ just doesn't have the it factor to be a draw

He could KO Cruz in 1 minute and still never headline a PPV that does more than 250k buys, in all likelihood.
Didn't Dillashaw vs Barao 2 do 3.8 million on FOX?

''Saturday's night's UFC on FOX show, powered by a strong last two fights, was the highest rated of the UFC's four annual summer specials on the network.

The full two-and-half-hour show did a 1.7 rating and 2,756,000 viewers, peaking with a 2.4 rating and 3.8 million viewers for the T.J. Dillashaw title defense against Renan Barao. The three prior July shows on FOX did either a 1.4 or 1.5 rating, and between 2.38 and 2.5 million viewers. The main event would have also been the most watched UFC fight of those four shows.''

I've been trying to tell people, the real premier divisions in MMA are the lower weight classes. (Its always been thay way skill wise and depth wise, but now its going to be like that PPV wise too)

DC vs Stipe had more hype and more promotion and drew less lmao

227 was on the strength of TJ vs Cody and Henry Cuedjo

Good numbers compared to the current landscape

Last edited:
Back