UFC 227 early PPV estimate is 300k

Dave Meltzer is a *word that is politically incorrect in 2018 and can get me banned from forums*

tenor.gif
It is for me. Some of us do not live on here lol
Thanks for the info ts

almost twice as much as what I expected. the GSP rub from the first fight must've helped bigtime

250-300k pretty much what I was expecting.

<Dana05> Not bad at all. I think Cody and TJ sold that card well with their fued. And the first fight was awesome.

Was a fun card. Main and Co-Main delivered. Glad people watched it. Gotta feel good for Mighty Mouse. Although I suppose a little bittersweet

Shockingly good number considered it was headlined by the 2 worst drawing UFC champions.

Fight pass plus PPVs for like $20 a month.

after thinking about it, 300k may seem high but its actually not that good when you think about it. This fight had a legit rivalry/beef which was showcased on an entire season of tuf. first fight was back and forth and exciting as fuck and was on a card that did over 800k buys.

300k buys shows how dated ppv has become. UFC's biggest fights are ones with legit rivalries/beef. I think this fight would have easily done over 600k buys a few years ago.

who can jones fight?

I can only think of DC or Anderson Silva.

after thinking about it, 300k may seem high but its actually not that good when you think about it. This fight had a legit rivalry/beef which was showcased on an entire season of tuf. first fight was back and forth and exciting as fuck and was on a card that did over 800k buys.

300k buys shows how dated ppv has become. UFC's biggest fights are ones with legit rivalries/beef. I think this fight would have easily done over 600k buys a few years ago.

It's good when it's the third best buyrate of the year. I expected 200k max and was being optimistic.

When comparing to cards that did not have one of the bigger names competing it's definitely one of the best buyrates they have pulled in years. Actually Lawler vs Condit card is the last card to pull such numbers without featuring a big name. And I would still say Lawler vs Condit > the guys on this card name wise.

Back