UFC 204 - Bisping vs Hendo II - England

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/10/...ct-vs-lukasz-sajewski-uk-lightweight-mma-news

Who is Marc Diakiese?

“Bonecrusher” is a 23-year-old lightweight from Doncaster, England. He trains mainly out of Atherton Submission Wrestling, home of Scott Askham and Mike Wilkinson. But, he’s also spent time over at Allstars in Sweden (although it’s unlikely he trained for this fight there, considering it’s Madadi’s home camp). Diakiese is coming to the UFC with a perfect 9-0 record, built largely out of BAMMA in the UK. He’s the organization’s reigning lightweight champion, having defended the belt twice. While Diakiese’s early record is nothing of note, he’s been tearing up the UK prospect scene lately, having been the first loss on Jack McGann’s, Rick Selvarajah’s, and Kane Mousah’s records. He’s also started finding more finishing form lately, with his last two wins by first round KO. Outside of MMA, Diakiese is a BJJ purple belt.

What you should expect:

Diakiese is a great example of the potential of the ‘MMA Native’ in the modern sport. An exciting flashy striker who is learning the more intricate tools of the stand up game, and in the mean time has been a very willing and athletic wrestler. In his early career, Diakiese’s style could best be described as reckless, throwing awkward, powerful kicks from unexpected angles, lunging in for big strikes, and then pushing for high amplitude takedowns. A lack of consistent technical application and control has been a problem in that style, but it’s one that he’s been able to compensate for with relentless pace and athleticism. In just about every Diakiese fight there’s at least one moment that makes me wonder how he manages to do the things he does.

To bridge the potential technical gaps, Diakiese has a knack for filling transition spaces with strikes to keep opponents honest. And as time has gone on, his striking has become more structured. He feints with more authority, is building a jab, and is a better defensive fighter every time out. Because of that structure he’s translating his speed and athleticism to real stopping power. If those improvements continue the way they have, Diakiese has all the tools he needs to charge to the top of the lightweight division.

What this means for his debut:

Sajewski is a trickier than advertised as a tough and functional striker with a good grappling game and some decent wrestling. He even has a win over Marcin Held to his credit. The problem is that the athletic disparity is just so wide. Sajewski has looked physically at a loss against both Nick Hein and Gilbert Burns. There’s nothing to suggest that Diakiese would be a step down from either of them. The biggest danger is that if Diakiese decides to press his wrestling game against Sajewski, his habit of sacrifice throws and loose positional control could really cost him. But, as long as he keeps a solid base and looks to strike this fight should be his to lose.

Doane added

PowWk9h.jpg

Worst PPV in recent history. Glad I decided against paying to watch this shit live at 6am.
Crazy looking at this card and then 205 and realizing how much more the UFC loves the east coast than they do the UK <{silvanormal}>

Crazy looking at this card and then 205 and realizing how much more the UFC loves the east coast than they do the UK <{silvanormal}>

Yeah, but my £145 ticket for 204 would cost like £1200 for the equivalent seat at 205.

Worst PPV in recent history. Glad I decided against paying to watch this shit live at 6am.

The undercard is way better than the PPV at least... but that is common these days with so many washed up guys and shitty HW on main cards.

think it's worth waiting for bektic to see if he's playable (i doubt it)?

http://www.ufc.com/fighter/Marc-Diakiese

TRAINING: Boxing and Wrestling in the AM; S&C in the PM

When and why did you start training for fighting? I first started doing MMA back in 2010 but didnt really understand what it was. I walked into a local gym and it kinda rolled on from there.

What ranks and titles have you held? Two-time Lonsdale Champion, BJJ Purple belt & numerous amateur titles.

What was your job before you started fighting?Working on the railways.

Specific accomplishments in amateur competition? 9-0 as an amateur and won three British titles.

Specific accomplishments in pro competition? Bamma champion and undefeated

http://www.ufc.com/fighter/Lukasz-Sajewski

Training: I wake up early, eat a healthy breakfast, and head to training. I am working on boxing, jiu-jitsu, wrestling and conditioning, depending on the day. After training, I need to recuperate, eat something and go for another training session. I eat dinner before going to sleep.

When and why did you start training for fighting? As a small kid I used to watch movies with Jean Claude Van Damme or Rocky. My uncle showed me some wrestling moves he saw on TV. I grew up in a neighborhood where everyone needed to know how to defend himself. So I picked Muay Thai, later BJJ, and finally MMA, despite my parents not being happy about it.

What ranks and titles have you held? I have a BJJ blue belt, won the Shooto Poland amateur league twice, won belts on local Polish shows Angels of Fire and Gladiator Arena.

Red flag for Struve... Omielanczuk is a southpaw, Magomedov isn't.

Struve hasn't fought a southpaw in his whole UFC career.

Lol @ Hendo's wife mocking Bisping with the KO silhouette shirt. Your husband is gonna be drooling and you'll be wiping his arse for him in a few years so you have no room to mock others for getting KO'd. Stupid, sexy bitch.

Red flag for Struve... Omielanczuk is a southpaw, Magomedov isn't.

Struve hasn't fought a southpaw in his whole UFC career.
Red flag for Struve... It's Struve

Belfort is no longer with zilians he has done his own camp last few fights and it has shown.

Nah he's got him in directly as a training partner .. and he's also got that cuban guy from blackzillians training him for his hands, the footage is on the road to ufc from a couple days ago. I can understand why he's got Tyrone Spong in as he is facing a dutch opponent, hopefully they have been sparring pretty hard dutch style to get Belfort used to Gregard.

With his training partners and coaches for this camp it's definitely worth to throw a couple of bucks on Belfort for the decision + ko.

belfort is not winning a decision against mousasi in any possible scenario. in fact, he's not winning if the fight goes past 3 mins period.

belfort is not winning a decision against mousasi in any possible scenario. in fact, he's not winning if the fight goes past 3 mins period.
Mousasi better put Vitor away after the early storm or I'll be super pissed

It maybe nothing, I'm just thinking that flying from wherever in the world to a different country adjusting to the time difference is one thing, but then having to fight at 4/5/6am might be extra tough to deal with..

Wouldn't they try to NEVER adjust to UK time? They are fighting at 8-9 pm their time so they would try to stay on their time?

Yeah that would kind of make sense but hard I imagine..

Which 2 of the 4 are best to parlay?

Moose, tumenov, bektic, bisping

I'm leaning bektic + tumenov

Then Tumenov + Moose

I gotta play both Vitor and Hendo R1 small, they still have those crazy one shot power and I wouldnt be surprised if one of them hits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back