UFC 191 Lineup set, PVZ kicks off the main card

Skydome

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The lineup is set for next month’s UFC 191 event, and a strawweight bout kicks off the pay-per-view main card.

The 11-bout lineup takes place at Las Vegas’ MGM Grand Garden Arena. Prior to the PPV main card, FOX Sports 1 and UFC Fight Pass carry the prelims.

MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)

Champ Demetrious Johnson vs. John Dodson – for flyweight title
Andrei Arlovski vs. Frank Mir
Anthony Johnson vs. Jimi Manuwa
Corey Anderson vs. Jan Blachowicz
Alex Chambers vs. Paige VanZant

PRELIMINARY CARD (FOX Sports 1, 8 p.m. ET)

Paul Felder vs. Ross Pearson
John Lineker vs. Francisco Rivera
Liz Carmouche vs. Raquel Pennington
Clay Collard vs. Tiago Trator

PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass, 7 p.m. ET)

Joe Riggs vs. Ron Stallings
Nazareno Malegarie vs. Joaquim Silva

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/08/ufc-19...vs-vanzant-kicking-off-pay-per-view-main-card

Am I the only one a little confused with the bout order?

thats a good ppv, why are you confused by the order? i see no issues except replacing the (anderson vs jan) fight with felder vs pearson or lineker vs rivera

Riggs fighter should be higher, despite the fact he's on the verge of getting cut

thats a good ppv, why are you confused by the order? i see no issues except replacing the (anderson vs jan) fight with felder vs pearson or lineker vs rivera

Felder vs Pearson is a potential action packed fight reserved for kicking off a PPV or headlining the prelims

You reserve a fight like that for the headlining spot of the prelims to entice people into buying the PPV

What in the blue hell is Corey Anderson vs. Jan Blachowicz doing on the main card over Lineker/Cisco?

Is it because he's a tuf winner? Corey got destroyed in his last fight and Jan had a bad performance to, then they get a promotion to the main card of a PPV?

switch the riggs and the pvz fights and it's good

Yeah, I'm confused as to why Anderson/Blackowitz is higher than PVZ's fight.

I'd rather be forcefully sodomized than pay for that shit.

Take out Corey Anderson and put in Cisco/Lineker and I might consider buying it.

But just on principle, I'm not buying this shit now.

That's not a bad main card. Except for the actual main event, I may actually watch it.:)

Yeah, I'm confused as to why Anderson/Blackowitz is higher than PVZ's fight.

PVZ has "proven" that she can have action packed fights.

You want to start the show with a bang. Anderson/Blackowitz haven't "proven" that yet.

Great card, on paper at least. Let's hope it delivers.

Starting the main card off with a squash match.

switch the riggs and the pvz fights and it's good

Lol no. That would make no sense from a business perspective. Riggs is on the verge and PVZ is a popular prospect they are trying to make into a star. There's no way they bury her on the fight pass prelims. If anything they should have put her as the prelims headliner to draw more eyes. I don't expect a MM card to do that well.

Good card i guess.. stoked to see Johson, Mir and Arlovski mainly...

Felder vs Pearson is a potential action packed fight reserved for kicking off a PPV or headlining the prelims

You reserve a fight like that for the headlining spot of the prelims to entice people into buying the PPV

they always headline the prelims with a good fight that is usually better than what starts the ppv.

At least PVZ is a good prospect a lot of people like to watch. More main card worthy than a Beastin 25/8 tbh

So that means tune in 30 minutes after the PPV have started.

Back