UFC 189 - Test results summary

Status
Not open for further replies.

dim_

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
The full test results from UFC 189 are available, and are an interesting read for those that are into things like that...

Link (Pdf)

Summary of results.

NOTE: This is only NSAC ordered testing and doesnt include the new UFC/USADA testing

Main Card: McGregor v Mendes
McGregor and Mendes both subjected to one out of competition control and both pre and post fight night testing.

McGregor
nUtuQ1t.png

Mendes
sOXKIiM.png

Main Card: Lawler v McDonald

Lawler
qdOXCpL.png

McDonald
PHlHwzj.png

Main Card: Stephens v Bermudez

Stephens
dPtg3o3.png

Bermudez
mQZd7go.png

Main Card - Nelson v Thatch and Almedia v Picket

This is kinda depressing. Only the top three fights on the main card had NSAC done via the SMRTL Lab (Wada lab in Utah).

The four other fighters on the main card were only subjected to ONE test which was analysed by Quest Diagnostics as opposed to SMRTL for anabolic agents, masking agents and diuretics

Prelims

The following fighters were tested ONCE analysed for anabolic agents, masking agents and diuretics by quest.

Brown, Cedeno, Means, Howard, Swick, Garbrandt, Pfister, Garcia, Smolka, Seery, Pendred, Birones

Additionally

Howard, Smolka, Seery, Pendred, were all tested for recreational drugs.

Its pretty depressing, that only 3 fights on the card had pre fight, post fight and random testing from NSAC. The bulk of the fighters having just a single fight night test.

(Of couse that doesnt include USADA testing)

Last edited:
so to summarize it if i got it correctly Lawler is the most " suspicious " one ?

Wow... Conor (34ng/dl), especially Chad Mendes, Rory McDonald and Stephens having such low testosterone level. I am more and more surprised those elite athletes having lower testosterone levels than average male of their age. Interesting.

I am doctor and I can say that all those results are normal.

Conor & Lawler are just genetic freaks.

Sherdog Experts Roundtable:

We Are All Endocrinologists Edition

I am doctor and I can say that all those results are normal.

Conor & Lawler are just genetic freaks.

I'm not a medical doctor, just a PhD in biochemistry, so my knowledge is more theoretical than practical, but I agree, everything looks normal and Conor's/Lawler's results are completely in line with those you would expect from proverbial "genetic freaks."

That's not even fair to say. TS should have withheld his commentary.

Yeh, i wouldnt say suspicious, i would say "interesting";)

Its actually interesting just seeing the numbers and seeing pre-fight v post fight dropoffs etc.

Honestly looking at the numbers, some odd things in McGregors, and Lawlers are just all over the place. Downside is, because they only tested the main 6 fighters properly means we are missing out on loads of data from the other fighters which could be interesting for comparison.

For instance, whats causing the high ph of the McGregor and Lawler pre-fight samples. etc etc

Fair point about my in thread comments though, have removed those so as not to push the narrative in one direction or the other.

sherdog has a disproportionately high amount of doctors.

Everyone with weird numbers is a genetic freak and then they get busted for PEDs. When will people learn?

I'm not a medical doctor, just a PhD in biochemistry, so my knowledge is more theoretical than practical, but I agree, everything looks normal and Conor's/Lawler's results are completely in line with those you would expect from proverbial "genetic freaks."

Rex PhD, who knew!

Would you mind unpacking 'genetic freak' for us laymen?

Wow... Conor (34ng/dl), especially Chad Mendes, Rory McDonald and Stephens having such low testosterone level. I am more and more surprised those elite athletes having lower testosterone levels than average male of their age. Interesting.

Weight cuts?

Everyone with weird numbers is a genetic freak and then they get busted for PEDs. When will people learn?

Well you would think the best fighters in the world are more likely to be genetic freaks than the rest of the population.

That's not even fair to say. TS should have withheld his commentary.

I agree. No need to speculate unless you have an actual education on this subject.

so to summarize it if i got it correctly Lawler is the most " suspicious " one ?

My question is why does Conor's hemoglobin spike from 4.49 to 13.5. He is the only one with a control that spiked significantly. All the guys tested are nearly the same levels. Conor's jumps over 200%. I'm not a doctor but that seems suspicious to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back