UFC 189 - Test results summary

Status
Not open for further replies.
The highest testosterone level of male are in his early twenties and a man can have up to maybe even 1200 ng/dl. And Daniel Cormier having 7000ng/dl and Weidman having 340ng/dl.

Who are they kidding?!!!!

And the point is that in sport you can have testosterone 20000ng/dl, just that your T/E ration is in check (not more than 4:1).

I would like to see tests from Ronda Rousey, does anyone have any tests from her?

Sure. In layman's terms:

[YT]VKCYN2BBUuU[/YT]

Freaks and peaks.

46488-did-scott-steiner-ever-compete-1_%7Emap0000.jpg

Mirin' dem genetics.

These tests are pretty normal. The high testosterone numbers aren't too terribly high. Although if they were any higher than that I would be suspicious. Testosterone can spike that high or even higher during sex or a fight to the death. There are plenty of legal supplements out there that can boost your test levels. And all of these levels are well within the 6 to 1, which is very generous.

If someone tested 5.9/1 I would be certain they are using something banned. They're just using it...strategically. However, Mendes has a 0.33/1.... That is the most suspicious figure I can see.

Sorry, it was a typo. Ive fixed it.

Questions on Conors tests would be, the high Test and t/e ratio in the out of competition test., and the retic drop on fight night. As far as the retics go, need to analyse a lot more post fight blood tests to see if this is a common occurrence. (And really it needs blood taking both pre-fight and post fight) and this isnt helped by NSAC taking some blood pre-fight some post-fight. very inconsistent

With Robbie, his testosterone is very high out of competition, and t/e ratio high throughout. And his elevated retics needs more looking at but hard to tell too much from the limited data.

On the plus side, going purely on the numbers, i can see myself becoming a Rory fan.

These are urine tests, not blood tests, they are less precise as they don't directly measure the blood concentration of test etc.

I'm a mathematician, and can comfirm those are all numbers.

Conor and McDonald seem to have pretty normal ratios. The T/E ratio is all the urine test is especially good at catching, all the other numbers are pretty useless on their own.

Chad Mendes and Lawler have suspicious ratios, very suspicious. But hey, USADA is coming, so any athlete who isn't clean will have a much harder time trying to bypass numerous out of competition blood tests.

I am not a doctor nor a PhD in biochemistry so my knowledge is that of the Sherdog level which means I have f#&cking no clue what all those numbers on that spreadsheet even mean.

You don't really have to be any of those things besides the Sherdog level poster to see the changes between the early sample and the pre and post fight sample. You can also see the difference in numbers between fighters, which while they could be attributed to other causes such as genetics, diet, and individual chemical differences, but are also a red flag that something isn't right.

These tests are pretty normal. The high testosterone numbers aren't too terribly high. Although if they were any higher than that I would be suspicious. Testosterone can spike that high or even higher during sex or a fight to the death. There are plenty of legal supplements out there that can boost your test levels. And all of these levels are well within the 6 to 1, which is very generous.

If someone tested 5.9/1 I would be certain they are using something banned. They're just using it...strategically. However, Mendes has a 0.33/1.... That is the most suspicious figure I can see.

Wada limit is 4:1
NSAC limit is 6:1

going forward, usada testing will use the 4:1 limit, so a couple of those are getting into dangerous territory

These are urine tests, not blood tests, they are less precise as they don't directly measure the blood concentration of test etc.

yes and no. Yes, full gc/irms test is better for detecting articial testosterone etc, but regular urine testing for ratio is a very good starting point for deciding if gc/irms (cir) is worth doing.

Based on the urine testing, there are a few samples there that would be worth putting though irms

Wow... Conor (34ng/dl), especially Chad Mendes, Rory McDonald and Stephens having such low testosterone level. I am more and more surprised those elite athletes having lower testosterone levels than average male of their age. Interesting.

Alot of it has to do with physical stress on the body. Levels are low during training camps, and also the week of fight camp because of the weight cut. Also some bodies handle it better than others.

Alot of it has to do with physical stress on the body. Levels are low during training camps, and also the week of fight camp because of the weight cut. Also some bodies handle it better than others.

I agree... but in this case is unnatural. Or Lawler 5100ng/dl and then 1100. Too unnatural. Or Cormier 7000ng/dl. No way has Cormier such high level. He is no genetic freak, nothing excells with him. This is just blind defending. The same for Lawler. Far from genetic freak or some great athlete. Far and far from it.

This is true and without a large amount of data its hard to see patterns and reasons for certain things. Really down to athletic commissions to release test results more often.

The downside of the USADA testing is they wont be releasing results, but they will store all results in teh passport so they will spot issues over a long period of time.

What there is in the data we have is enough information to suggest targetted testing may be appropriate. An athlete whos t/e ratios are consistently suspect will be tested more, have his samples put through gc/irms, so while we will look at numbers and say thats suspect but we cant categorically say athlete is cheating, usada will look at it and say, thats suspect, lets target test them.

Cormier

oNwC2kr.png

Jones

guWWRju.png

Hahaha... Jon Jones 59ng/dl and Cormier 5000ng/dl. Hahahahaha. Like I said, you can have 20000ng/dl or 1ng/dl... important is that you succses mainting T/E not above 4:1. Its within rules.

Hahaha... Jon Jones 59ng/dl and Cormier 5000ng/dl. Hahahahaha. Like I said, you can have 20000ng/dl or 1ng/dl... important is that you succses mainting T/E not above 4:1. Its within rules.

I think Jones .59 is wrong. If you look at the day of the cocaine metabolite positive hes provided two samples, one is more in line with his others, one is low for everything. First sample looks like a flush/watery sample to be honest.

I'm not a medical doctor, just a PhD in biochemistry, so my knowledge is more theoretical than practical, but I agree, everything looks normal and Conor's/Lawler's results are completely in line with those you would expect from proverbial "genetic freaks."

........ say what now? Huge if true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back