UFC 157: Rousey Vs Carmouche Ticket Sales Not Off To A Great Start

Its still rooting for the UFC to do badly, you would think if the card does good and Ronda can become a star and draw viewers in that helps the sport/UFC doesnt it?

But rooting for the card to fail it rooting for the UFC to fail and the sport to do bad.

and the analogy holds up, if you like a team/UFC but you dont like wmma/QB and you want to see them fail, them failing hurts your team/UFC does it not?

Sorry, he's right; you're just not making a good argument. A drastic change is being made to the sport. Personally, I like it. I enjoy the girl fights, especially if they're hot. But if others don't like it, it's perfectly reasonable for them to protest it in any way possible. They're buying tickets and paper views and fights they want to see will be replaced with girl fights they don't want to see.

no, it's not. stop being over dramatic. they want wmma to do low numbers so they don't need possibly to waste 20% of their future ppv dollars on another fight that they wouldn't care to see. to some a wmma main event is just a wasted main event, and if their is a male mma fight that they want to see they need to waste an extra 20% of their ppv money on a wasted main event

they wouldn't be "hoping the ufc fails" if the ufc wasn't trying to force a product down their throat that they don't want.

they don't want the UFC to fail they want wmma to fail so they never have to see it in the UFC again

all the ronda fanbase was saying "don't like wmma? then vote with your wallet and don't buy" now they are doing that and get the other people who aren't fans of wmma to do the same and you want to bitch and moan about how they are hoping the UFC fails? this is what the ronda fanbase told the anti wmma guys to do, now that they are trying to do it, you want to sit and complain that they are doing it?

well aid man!!!!

Well, if they pay for the event then they are encouraging the actions of the UFC. If they really want to show the UFC that they don't want that as the main event then they need to vote with their wallets. It's not like they get any money back by not watching the RR fight.

If the PPV doesn't sell, if the event doesn't sell out, if bars complain about no business during the event Dana will make changes. If the bars are packed for the event but empty out right at the main event the owners won't care, they already made their money for buying the event. If the PPV sells well but viewership dies off at the main, Dana will still make all of that money for the event.

The youtube movement is like saying you really hate what a restaurant did to their dessert menu. So you go buy a full meal with a dessert and then don't eat the dessert! Ha! That'll show em!!! Wait, you still paid for it. So the business still got paid. They won't care. You are in effect telling the UFC that their decision to put this as the main event has not persuaded you to stop buying their product so they should continue doing what they are doing.
i know. it's wrong way to go about it. but it does point out the fact that people do want to watch men's mma but in order to watch it they will be directly helping support wmma(something they don't watch). so it's either waste money on a fight that you have no interest in(and they obviously don't which is why they are willing to turn it off when the fight comes on) or not be able to see the hendo-machida fight

the UFC is basically saying "support wmma or you get nothing"

I see a lot of garbage talk in this thread , and it's unwarranted. If two fighters put on a good show; I don't care about their sex, but maybe it's just me.

i know. it's wrong way to go about it. but it does point out the fact that people do want to watch men's mma but in order to watch it they will be directly helping support wmma(something they don't watch). so it's either waste money on a fight that you have no interest in(and they obviously don't which is why they are willing to turn it off when the fight comes on) or not be able to see the hendo-machida fight

the UFC is basically saying "support wmma or you get nothing"

True! I'm just saying that if the fans really want to stop WMMA in the UFC then they need to sacrifice a little. I'm not a fan of Dana's approach in all of this as I think WMMA needs a couple years to really mature and flesh out talent wise. Dana was of this same mindset until he saw $$ in RR. He doesn't care if WMMA is ruined by his exploitation of it, and he doesn't care if he has to completely shut it down.

That is why I hate all of this. Dana and the UFC has effectively turned the chances of WMMA becoming successful into a coin flip. I hope WMMA slowly grows and becomes very filled out. I hope that we can get some very highly competitive fights that are on par with their male counterparts. I just worry that if they get kicked out of the UFC quickly they may never fully recover.

LOL at all the "WMMA being forced down our throats" talk...ITS ONE FIGHT YOU FUCKING INSECURE MORONS.

WMMA has the potential of bringing woman viewers into the UFC fold, if that were to happen were talking a lot of room for growth, and a lot more revenue for the UFC.

WHy having a few highly-skilled female fights throughout the year is a problem is beyond me...

All I sense is fear from a lot of people who are intimidated by strong woman, as well as contempt from a bunch of people who need to get laid.

There is not one LOGICAL reason to deny WMMA a place in MMA.

One can argue whether or not Rhonda should be the main event, that's legit...

But those of you actively hoping for the event to fail, and for WMMA to go away..In the words of my boy JDS: "Why you do that"?

Any legit MMA fan is in favor of the sports growth...Period.

Fucking virgins.

FRANKIE 総統;78007765 said:
I see a lot of garbage talk in this thread , and it's unwarranted. If two fighters put on a good show; I don't care about their sex, but maybe it's just me.

You are one of the few. I dont mind wmma, i dont like it as much as mens mma of course and Ronda/Liz isnt the best wmma fight but I'm not hoping the show/wmma/UFC do badly.

If I like a card or a fight I'm gonna buy it, if not I wont. I dont say oh I dont like that fight or that div so I hope that card flops and they fire everyone and boot that div from the UFC.

Talking about people being babies, Christ.

and none of this matters, the card is still a month and a half away and the already did 5k tickets without even promoting the event. This card will sell over 10k tickets, do a 7 figure gate and do 250 to 300ks which makes it a success.

If Ronda keeps winning wmma aint going anywhere and for some reason that bothers alot of fans.

True! I'm just saying that if the fans really want to stop WMMA in the UFC then they need to sacrifice a little. I'm not a fan of Dana's approach in all of this as I think WMMA needs a couple years to really mature and flesh out talent wise. Dana was of this same mindset until he saw $$ in RR. He doesn't care if WMMA is ruined by his exploitation of it, and he doesn't care if he has to completely shut it down.

That is why I hate all of this. Dana and the UFC has effectively turned the chances of WMMA becoming successful into a coin flip. I hope WMMA slowly grows and becomes very filled out. I hope that we can get some very highly competitive fights that are on par with their male counterparts. I just worry that if they get kicked out of the UFC quickly they may never fully recover.

The sport needs to grow at some point to attract more and more talented fighters to WMMA. The first UFC's were by no means widely accepted, but the sport had to start somewhere right?

Thank god you and the other negative nellies in this thread aren't running the business end of the UFC.

And to be honest, I find most opinions like yours to be a smooth veneer to cover the fact you just don't want WMMA.

agreed, this wmma "experiment" has the potential to permanently set wmma back to the point it won't ever get back into the UFC imo. right now, ronda is the biggest thing for wmma, not to mention dana has a huge crush on her. if it fails and zuffa needs to drop it from the UFC, then i can't see any reason they would ever give it another shot.

right now the face of wmma is pretty big right now, she's got a pretty face, dana has a crush on her. this seems like it's the best chance it will ever get right now and if it fails it likely won't be considered for another shot again.

LOL at all the "WMMA being forced down our throats" talk...ITS ONE FIGHT YOU FUCKING INSECURE MORONS.
it's one fight you are being forced to pay for if you want to see the hendo vs machida fight. you have no choice.

All I sense is fear from a lot of people who are intimidated by strong woman, as well as contempt from a bunch of people who need to get laid.
are you an mma only guy? or do you watch other sports?

There is not one LOGICAL reason to deny WMMA a place in MMA.
weak talent pool
the 135 has a total of 0 legitimate challenges for the champion at this point(and if cyborg can make 135, and when mcmann signs they might have 2 legit challengers for the belt, then after that it's a HUGE drop off, yay what a deep talent pool). the first fight they put on is one where the champion is a 14-1 favourite. the first ever wmma fight SHOULD be a competitive one. but instead we get something with 14-1 beting odds

That's lame. If you want to make a statement suck it up and don't watch the event at all. Don't pirate it, don't pick and choose which fights you want to watch, don't go to a bar to see it. Have some conviction and just don't watch it.
what's the difference between boycotting it and pirating it? Either way they don't get your money.

[QUOTE="Rush";77996187]In Before the haters dont read.

Its doing better than Rashad evans, one of the top 5 biggest PPV draws did in his scheduled main evnt against Phil Davis at 133.

Its also doing better than UFC 150, Henderson vs Edgar.[/QUOTE]

Rashad, the guy who headlined with Tito and got like 300,000 buys?

also, i'm curious if the wmma fighters will have mixed feelings about facing ronda.

if they win, they're the top wmma fighter. but also if they win, what are the chances wmma will be dropped from the UFC?

with someone else as champ is that person capable of keeping wmma afloat in the UFC? we all know that if either meisha tate or sarah kaufman had been strikeforce champ at this time, the UFC wouldn't have brought wmma in.

so i'm sure they all have the thought in the back of their head that if ronda isn't champ the outcome for wmma in the UFC is ALOT dimmer than if she is champ

agreed, this wmma "experiment" has the potential to permanently set wmma back to the point it won't ever get back into the UFC imo.

We need to help wmma succeed in the UFC by not putting women in the UFC. Good plan.

Seriously - these girls are already embedded in many of the top camps (ATT, Jackson's, Cesar Gracie, Alpha Male, etc.) and respected and supported by the male fighters (if not yet all posters on Sherdog). A televised Bellator card was just recently saved by Jessica Eye after they lost their scheduled main event. Invicta is going to an internet ppv format this week and will soon be on TV in some form. Even if Ronda Rousey totally flops and never wins another fight, wmma isn't going anywhere. These comments will seem silly in a few years.

We need to help wmma succeed in the UFC by not putting women in the UFC. Good plan.

when the entire reason of wmma being in the UFC is based around 1 person, yes, that's exactly it. if that person can't sell as well as the UFC thought or if that person loses brutally. that will set wmma back alot. look at kimbo. elite xc was based around him. once he lost the organization crumbled

Because the mma fan base is the absolute worst in all of pro sports hands down, not even debatable.

Its also why the sport will never, EVER be on the level of the big sports in the US.

Fans leave, they stop watching, they dont support the sport or teh fighters, they bitch about cards, fights, they openly root for the UFC and the sport to fail, they steal the events, they cry and complain and wont watch lower weight classes because they arent big giant muscle guys. You lose a fight you are a bum and you suck and you never were any good.

They rip the sport, the orgs, the fighters, its just the worst fans in pro sports.

Its one thing if you dont like the card or you dont like wmma and you dont want to watch it, thats fine but they take it a step further and hope the card bombs.

its like saying you dont like a certain person, ok you dont have to be friends with him but they take it a step further and say yeah I also hope him and his family drive off a cliff and die.

the shitty minority often speaks the loudest. IMO, most of these people are not adults, they're children. they speak almost entirely in hyperbole being young and naive. I would't take it personal or serious. Most fans are definitely not like that.

when the entire reason of wmma being in the UFC is based around 1 person, yes, that's exactly it. if that person can't sell as well as the UFC thought or if that person loses brutally. that will set wmma back alot. look at kimbo. elite xc was based around him. once he lost the organization crumbled

EXC crumbled because they were in massive debt.
They still had Gina Carano who had similar ratings than Kimbo.
The Kimbo loss alone wasnt the problem

Back