UFC 157: Rousey Vs Carmouche Ticket Sales Not Off To A Great Start

[QUOTE="Rush";77996187]In Before the haters dont read.

Its doing better than Rashad evans, one of the top 5 biggest PPV draws did in his scheduled main evnt against Phil Davis at 133.

Its also doing better than UFC 150, Henderson vs Edgar.[/QUOTE]

lol at you saying that rashad is a top 5 ppv draw to try to defend ronda. because unless rashad is paired up with an actual PPV draw his numbers aren't that good

jon jones vs rashad - buyrate - 700,000(jon jones is an actual draw)

tito vs rashad - buyrate - 310,000

rampage vs rashad - buyrate - 1,050,000(rampage is, or at least was a ppv draw. and this had an entire season of TUF that showed the "beef" between the two, and a 3 part primetime special to promote the fight.)

thaigo silva vs rashad - buyrate - 300,000

"Its also doing better than UFC 150, Henderson vs Edgar"
frankie edgar has always been considered a shitty ppv draw. pointing out she is doing better than him on a ppv that got less than 200k buys shows your desperation.

according to her delusion fanbase she was going to over a half a million. now you're trying to defend her by saying "at least she is doing better than a ppv that sold 190,000"

I think the article title is a bit misleading. It looks like its doing about what one would expect. I wasn't anticipating her to have the same draw as Brock, GSP, Jones, A. Silva, Cain, or JDS. Sounds like she's doing better than some of the guy champs in the lower weights, which is pretty impressive.

That's lame. If you want to make a statement suck it up and don't watch the event at all. Don't pirate it, don't pick and choose which fights you want to watch, don't go to a bar to see it. Have some conviction and just don't watch it.

the point is they actually DO want to watch men's mma, and not wmma. why should they need to suffer and not view any mma at all? that is one of the problems with wmma and mens mma being on the same card. if you don't like wmma you're forced to pay for it anyway just to see men's mma.

I think the article title is a bit misleading. It looks like its doing about what one would expect. I wasn't anticipating her to have the same draw as Brock, GSP, Jones, A. Silva, Cain, or JDS. Sounds like she's doing better than some of the guy champs in the lower weights, which is pretty impressive.

RR is a bigger draw than 90% of the fighters on the UFC roster and 4 out of their 8 champions.

Yeah i hope its a huge flop and that rousey gets fluke ktfo as well. Get rid of wmma from the ufc please.

I dont care for it either. definitely wont be watching.

the point is they actually DO want to watch men's mma, and not wmma. why should they need to suffer and not view any mma at all? that is one of the problems with wmma and mens mma being on the same card. if you don't like wmma you're forced to pay for it anyway just to see men's mma.

ht the nail on the head

Dana, Lorenzo, and Joe all lost their fucking minds on this one. Don't understand how they thought this was a good idea.

Its already done more money than Shogun/Vera fox card at the same venue, they havent even started promoting the PPV yet.

and SMH at people saying they actually hope this event bombs, only in mma do you see fans openly rooting for cards and the sport to do bad.

team puts in a QB you dont like, you see NFL fans saying I hope my team loses badly, I hope nobody shows up at the stadium and I hope it bombs on tv.

Of course you dont, but you see that in mma.

this is the event that will be a huge part in deciding if wmma stays or goes. that is why they are hoping it bombs. they aren't rooting for the UFC(the team in your dumb analogy) to fail. they are rooting for wmma(the QB) to fail hoping it proves a point not to put wmma(the QB) back in.

this is the event that will be a huge part in deciding if wmma stays or goes. that is why they are hoping it bombs. they aren't rooting for the UFC(the team in your dumb analogy) to fail. they are rooting for wmma(the QB) to fail hoping it proves a point not to put wmma(the QB) back in.

Its still rooting for the UFC to do badly, you would think if the card does good and Ronda can become a star and draw viewers in that helps the sport/UFC doesnt it?

But rooting for the card to fail it rooting for the UFC to fail and the sport to do bad.

and the analogy holds up, if you like a team/UFC but you dont like wmma/QB and you want to see them fail, them failing hurts your team/UFC does it not?

Well, if they pay for the event then they are encouraging the actions of the UFC. If they really want to show the UFC that they don't want that as the main event then they need to vote with their wallets. It's not like they get any money back by not watching the RR fight.

If the PPV doesn't sell, if the event doesn't sell out, if bars complain about no business during the event Dana will make changes. If the bars are packed for the event but empty out right at the main event the owners won't care, they already made their money for buying the event. If the PPV sells well but viewership dies off at the main, Dana will still make all of that money for the event.

The youtube movement is like saying you really hate what a restaurant did to their dessert menu. So you go buy a full meal with a dessert and then don't eat the dessert! Ha! That'll show em!!! Wait, you still paid for it. So the business still got paid. They won't care. You are in effect telling the UFC that their decision to put this as the main event has not persuaded you to stop buying their product so they should continue doing what they are doing.

Man I can't wait to see this fight! Carmouche-Rousey is gonna be the next Poirier vs. KZ!

lol at you saying that rashad is a top 5 ppv draw to try to defend ronda. because unless rashad is paired up with an actual PPV draw his numbers aren't that good

rampage vs rashad - buyrate - 1,050,000(rampage is, or at least was a ppv draw. and this had an entire season of TUF that showed the "beef" between the two, and a 3 part primetime special to promote the fight.)

frankie edgar has always been considered a shitty ppv draw. pointing out she is doing better than him on a ppv that got less than 200k buys shows your desperation.

according to her delusion fanbase she was going to over a half a million. now you're trying to defend her by saying "at least she is doing better than a ppv that sold 190,000"

I was stating facts, as it says in the article.

I felt the need to point it out seen as 90% of people on here don't actually read articles, just the headlines.

Dana, Lorenzo, and Joe all lost their fucking minds on this one. Don't understand how they thought this was a good idea.

Agreed.

everybody and their mama's know Hendo/Machida is the real main event.

Not surprised. No one cares to see this.

I agree with you saying Rashad is only a draw if paired with someone good, but
Dana said Rashad is one of their top five draws. After 152 he named GSP, Silva, Sonnen, Rashad, and Jones as the top 5.

Its still rooting for the UFC to do badly, you would think if the card does good and Ronda can become a star and draw viewers in that helps the sport/UFC doesnt it?

But rooting for the card to fail it rooting for the UFC to fail and the sport to do bad.

and the analogy holds up, if you like a team/UFC but you dont like wmma/QB and you want to see them fail, them failing hurts your team/UFC does it not?

no, it's not. stop being over dramatic. they want wmma to do low numbers so they don't need possibly to waste 20% of their future ppv dollars on another fight that they wouldn't care to see. to some a wmma main event is just a wasted main event, and if their is a male mma fight that they want to see they need to waste an extra 20% of their ppv money on a wasted main event

they wouldn't be "hoping the ufc fails" if the ufc wasn't trying to force a product down their throat that they don't want.

they don't want the UFC to fail they want wmma to fail so they never have to see it in the UFC again

all the ronda fanbase was saying "don't like wmma? then vote with your wallet and don't buy" now they are doing that and get the other people who aren't fans of wmma to do the same and you want to bitch and moan about how they are hoping the UFC fails? this is what the ronda fanbase told the anti wmma guys to do, now that they are trying to do it, you want to sit and complain that they are doing it?

Back