UFC 157: Rousey Vs Carmouche Ticket Sales Not Off To A Great Start

There is some market value in the names on that card, but that's about it.

Ronda should win via armbar within a minute and Faber/Mendes should outclass Gamburyan/Menjivar easily as well. And then obviously the general public has no idea who Manley and Magny are.

Henderson and Machida is the only fight I'd really want to put my money up for at this point in time.

Nothing against womens MMA. I just don't think it's a good fight.

Im going, its the day before my birthday, but they need to start filling this card up.

Happy B-Day, 154 was on my 40th birthday had a blast, was my first live event also.

Enjoy

Last edited:
I'm not at all surprised by this. A lot of ufc fans have no idea who Rousey is and just how badass she is. I know a bunch of people who only follow ufc and have no idea about pride, wec, strikeforce, ect so I could definitely see them not wanting to buy the ppv because a random girl is on it. Still thought it's going to be a great card with an amazing co main event fight.

I love Henderson's expression and body language in this poster. He looks like he's thinking something along the lines of "Why are we naked and lined up facing each other in the shower? And who's that guy with the leather jackboots and whip that just entered?"

UFC_157_Rousey.jpg

Local advertising has been terrible. I heard a few commercials for it on the radio announcing the on sale date but that's about it.

UFC on Fox 4 had billboards all over the place and radio spots almost every hour. Your average fan isnt even aware of the fight is coming to Anaheim imo.

Not surprising. PPV numbers will be weak as well I'd imagine.

theres a huge movement on youtube where the top comments on videos promoting the fight say "turn your TV's off after the Hendo/machida fight, spread the word"

theres a huge movement on youtube where the top comments on this videos promoting the fight say "turn your TV's off after the Hendo.machida fight, spread the word"

lol pathetic, but not surprising.

theres a huge movement on youtube where the top comments on this videos promoting the fight say "turn your TV's off after the Hendo.machida fight, spread the word"

youtube is the scum of the humanity.

That's lame. If you want to make a statement suck it up and don't watch the event at all. Don't pirate it, don't pick and choose which fights you want to watch, don't go to a bar to see it. Have some conviction and just don't watch it.

theres a huge movement on youtube where the top comments on videos promoting the fight say "turn your TV's off after the Hendo/machida fight, spread the word"

lmao, what good is that going to do exactly?

lmao, what good is that going to do exactly?

I guess we'll find out.

10 bucks says dana white will get mad at the fans for the lack of ppv buys instead of realizing that he brought wmma into the ufc too early

Its already done more money than Shogun/Vera fox card at the same venue, they havent even started promoting the PPV yet.

and SMH at people saying they actually hope this event bombs, only in mma do you see fans openly rooting for cards and the sport to do bad.

team puts in a QB you dont like, you see NFL fans saying I hope my team loses badly, I hope nobody shows up at the stadium and I hope it bombs on tv.

Of course you dont, but you see that in mma.

I think what some people have a problem with is how WMMA is being forced on the public when there is still a lot of folks opening up to the UFC. With Rousey, you have a attractive female who has a brash personality and really good grappling skills who you can market to a male demographic. From a business standpoint all of that is logical but if you're a die hard MMA fan you might feel like they are forcing WMMA down your throat so to speak.

Me? I could really care less. Not a big fan of Ronda but she does have talent. This whole thing is riding on her shoulders so it has to be a success right off the bat or will be seen as a huge failure. I don't think that's fair to up and coming female fighters who would like to make it big in the UFC but who knows if another Gina Carano type will come along in the future.

[QUOTE="Rush";77996729]I know there are different variables, like this one has been on sale for 2 weeks around christmas where most dont have disposable income. The headline of Meltzer's article makes it seem like it was a big flop, when its far from it.

None of the UFC ticket sales have been a big hit recently including GSP's return at 154 which was in Canada, their 1st/2nd biggest market.[/QUOTE]

Beat me to it and on the first page too. Good work!

Because the mma fan base is the absolute worst in all of pro sports hands down, not even debatable.

Its also why the sport will never, EVER be on the level of the big sports in the US.

Fans leave, they stop watching, they dont support the sport or teh fighters, they bitch about cards, fights, they openly root for the UFC and the sport to fail, they steal the events, they cry and complain and wont watch lower weight classes because they arent big giant muscle guys. You lose a fight you are a bum and you suck and you never were any good.

They rip the sport, the orgs, the fighters, its just the worst fans in pro sports.

Its one thing if you dont like the card or you dont like wmma and you dont want to watch it, thats fine but they take it a step further and hope the card bombs.

its like saying you dont like a certain person, ok you dont have to be friends with him but they take it a step further and say yeah I also hope him and his family drive off a cliff and die.

Back