Ubisoft really turning it up with the garbage games

Yea maybe some companies should do that but I still enjoy the go and kill 50 guys. Especially if the combat is well done.

Unrealistic as fuck dude no matter what 50 bad guys would own you. I mean what kind of bad guys are they?

GTA, Manhunt, Max Payne, Midnight Club, Red Dead, LA Noire, Bully and Table Tennis are all the exact same formula by Rockstar?
I can definitely see how Table Tennis and Manhunt are identical.

In the past decade Blizzard have released a:
  1. RTS(Starcraft2)
  2. Digital card game(Hearthstone)
  3. WoW expansions(MMORPG)
  4. ARPG(Diablo3)
  5. Hero FPS(Overwatch)
For Rockstar one must go back to 2008 with Midnight Club for a different game/genre. Gameplay wise its GTA's driving physics in a standalone game.

Know im likely in the minority here. Ive always found Rockstar games to be shit. Following the same exact formula since they went 3D in 2001.

I wouldnt say shit, but overhyped like crazy and its ridiculous how critics ignore the flaws.

RDR 2 has straight up the worst mission design in any recent open world game. Its like an on-rails shooting gallery, you get "Mission failed" if you take cover behind the wrong tree....
Not to mention the awful controls.

Any other dev would get so much shit for that, but a Rockstar game? Easy 10/10 every time.

edit: I see people already talking about it, totally agree

In the past decade Blizzard have released a:
  1. RTS(Starcraft2)
  2. Digital card game(Hearthstone)
  3. WoW expansions(MMORPG)
  4. ARPG(Diablo3)
  5. Hero FPS(Overwatch)
For Rockstar one must go back to 2008 with Midnight Club for a different game/genre. Gameplay wise its GTA's driving physics in a standalone game.

LA Noire? Max Payne 3.

CDPR Hasn't exactly broken the mold in the last decade.

I don't like Ubisoft games in general so I usually avoid them. Besides they care more about woke culture than making good video games so I wouldn't like to support them.

Perhaps, but I think that might've been by accident, and I don't know how well such an open ended structure would fare today, even though people claim they want it.

The thing with Rockstar, is that they always want to tell a story with big cinematic set pieces and always had a path you were supposed to follow, on top of it's sandbox open world. The tech just wasn't there at the time to keep you on those rails, so you could fuck around and break the mission structure. You can call the "GTA3" mission structure more open ended, but you could also call it broken and full of exploits. I don't know how well that structure would go with modern games. I think it would come off very sloppy.

We'll see how Cyberpunk handles options or that more open-ended approach. Immersive sims are my fav genre because they are designed to let you think outside the box and approach situations in a variety of ways. That's why I love the Deus Ex games so much. No one has ever tried it in a giant open world but hopefully CD Projekt knocks it out of the park

You're right about GTA 3 and exploits. It's definitely more open-ended, but not by design lol.

I agree 100% and it's why I am struggling to get through RDR2. The open world is the best I've ever seen, and the wow factor is all I have to get me through this old school "video gamey" shoot 50 bad guys missions. They need to come up with a new paradigm. Why am I killing 50 bad guys? It should be like 5 or 6 at the most... make it more realistic. I hate having to do these immersion-breaking missions just to progress the world I want to explore.

I actually think Ubisoft is on to something with their Discovery Tour modes in their latest AC games. Graphics and open worlds are getting good enough that we no longer need these contrived "go here and kill 50 people" missions to make them fun. There should be a lot more like AAA quality open world games that are more based on exploration and physics. Indie games do this a lot but they are smaller budget and smaller in scope.

I don't know if we'll see any AAA games being exploration solely, the audience isn't big enough. Having it as an optional mode is great though. I really liked it in the last AC games. Might as well use the beautiful world you created for other things

I love messing around with games that have a lot of physics going on though, even the simple ones
7sYg45.gif

Yea maybe some companies should do that but I still enjoy the go and kill 50 guys. Especially if the combat is well done.

Here here, If the combat and gameplay loop is fun, bring em on!

I wouldnt say shit, but overhyped like crazy and its ridiculous how critics ignore the flaws.

RDR 2 has straight up the worst mission design in any recent open world game. Its like an on-rails shooting gallery, you get "Mission failed" if you take cover behind the wrong tree....
Not to mention the awful controls.

Any other dev would get so much shit for that, but a Rockstar game? Easy 10/10 every time.

edit: I see people already talking about it, totally agree
Mission structure is not even what makes the game flawed for me.

The non responsive controls, unecessary animations and how the game forces you to slow down unaturally is my main problem with it.

For example, you are not allowed to run in camp. You can't do anything else while someone is speaking to you. Everytime you approach a mission, before you are even close to the person it slows you down to a walking pace. During a mission when you are asked to follow someone it's impossible to get passed him.

Oh and a pretty big one for me is when you have to chase someone in a mission you won't be able to capture him until you reach a certain point. No matter how fast you smash that A button.

It's all of those combination of things that makes the game flawed for me.

I saw a chart the other day and RDR2 had the biggest input lag compared to other games.

For some people those flaws are gamebreaking. For me it's not but it's still an annoyance. And I can see why Rockstar did it. To add to the realism and force you to appreciate every little aspect. But it just feels unatural at times and I wish it was more responsive.

With all of that being said, I still love the game. It's one of the most amazing experience's i've had playing a game. But what could have been turned out into a masterpiece is held back by all of the things mentionned.

Immortals Fenyx Rising looks like it could be pretty good. It's the only major Ubisoft game as of late that's actually a brand new IP and seems to be doing something fresh (a unique take on the Breath of the Wild formula). Who knows how it'll actually turn out, though. I think it's one of those titles that'll either be a GOTY-esque smash hit or a 7/10er that everyone forgets about by early next year.

Played Valhalla on PC for probably 3 hours today, with another 3 or so played by a cousin. Not gonna go through this shit.

2020 and Ubi can't even bother to do simple shit like have blood effects on the ground in a sword fighting game, much less make decent combat or evolve their shit.

Leveling sucks ASS and everything is obscured until you unlock it.

Don't know how the loot is later, but there is like NO GEAR OR WEAPONS worth anything whatsoever.

They didn't spend any of their extra time making new shit. It's sloppy Odyssey, complete with a dual wielding system that marries your parry skill to the left trigger on a press, and your left hand attack to THE SAME BUTTON, needed to be held.

What the fuck.

Thats bullshit. Fact is youre unwilling to see the identical game play design structures.

Expand on it more instead of just telling me I'm wrong. You started this, now state some facts or fuck off.

Expand on it more instead of just telling me I'm wrong.

Did this with Midnight Club. Not going to sit here and amuse you any further. Especially when obvious similarities are that oblivious to you.

Did this with Midnight Club. Not going to sit here and amuse you any further. Especially when obvious similarities are that oblivious to you.

I accept your defeat. Thanks for playing.

I got a few hrs into to AC Vallaha and probably best AC since Black Sail. The world is Big but fells empty. Raiding is awesome and the compant is smooth and ever and playing on Xbox Series X, so the games looks great.but overall not really next gen and just the best of a stale series. I give it 7.5 out of ten

Siege has done a great job of carving out their own community within the FPS genre. But dont kid yourself on it being a profitable esport. They are one to two years away from folding and or drastically downsizing to like Dreamhack only lan events.
The NA major is going on atm and they've got 60k viewers on Twitch.

Back