Ubisoft really turning it up with the garbage games

Immortals Fenyx Rising looks like it could be pretty good. It's the only major Ubisoft game as of late that's actually a brand new IP and seems to be doing something fresh (a unique take on the Breath of the Wild formula). Who knows how it'll actually turn out, though. I think it's one of those titles that'll either be a GOTY-esque smash hit or a 7/10er that everyone forgets about by early next year.

I've got a preorder in on Switch for this but my finger is hovering over the cancel button waiting for reviews. Its supposed to be for my son for Xmas with his Switch lite but im actually interested in playing it myself.

Did this with Midnight Club. Not going to sit here and amuse you any further. Especially when obvious similarities are that oblivious to you.

No offense, but you seem irritated that he poked a whole in your theory and nothing more.

Rockstar ain't all about GTA and RDR, bruh.

The NA major is going on atm and they've got 60k viewers on Twitch.

If this were a online league game that number would be insanely impressive. However its a lan under the Major brand with Twitch drops enabled. I'd like to see what the grand final pulls in viewers.

If this were a online league game that number would be insanely impressive. However its a lan under the Major brand with Twitch drops enabled. I'd like to see what the grand final pulls in viewers.

Ain't no one watching the NA major for these drops
maxresdefault.jpg

I'm about 6 hours into Valhalla and it hasn't crashed once

There are definitely bugs/glitches though, even with the 1.02 update that was released this morning. This game needed a few more months of polish, especially the prologue. The story in that is poorly executed, but once you get to England, it picks up. You really feel like Vikings starting over in a new land.

This feels very Ubi, if not slightly better. I'm enjoying it so far, but I can already feel that it's going to fall very short of greatness.

Every Ubi game as of late is missing soul. I haven't played Watchdogs 3, but I never planned on it. I can't believe anyone's shocked that their decentralized approach to playable characters gets repetitive and is hollow once you see all that's offered.
So I'm about six hours in now and no crashes....

But I have a side mission that is bugged. Can't remember the name of it but basically following the woman into the church as an objective and then she does nothing when there. Just stands there and the mission can't continue. I guess a lot of people were bitching about it online.. even reinstalling the game and it still not working.

Then I chose not to do the Stench of Treachery quest when it was given to me right away and did a different quest... I went to go back to do it and it's gone. Nowhere on my list. Have no idea how to get it back. I'm pretty sure you have to finish that to complete that story arc too.

Valhalla is actually quite good. I've played some of Odyssey and Origins, I didn't hate them but they didn't quite grab me to play them through.

It plays like Witcher 3, but with way better graphics and combat. Combat is kind of an engaging blend of dark souls and batman. I also really think it's cool how they added shooting weak spots with the bow for more advanced enemies.

Watch Dogs was a bit of a dud though, but that series always has been.

Last edited:
I wouldnt say shit, but overhyped like crazy and its ridiculous how critics ignore the flaws.

RDR 2 has straight up the worst mission design in any recent open world game. Its like an on-rails shooting gallery, you get "Mission failed" if you take cover behind the wrong tree....
Not to mention the awful controls.

Any other dev would get so much shit for that, but a Rockstar game? Easy 10/10 every time.

edit: I see people already talking about it, totally agree

Valhalla reminds me a lot of RDR2 in how it creates an incredible open world.

Except it doesn't suck to play as a game.

It actually has a very cool way of exploration and fast traveling that RDR2 totally lacked.

Even when you can't fast travel, getting in your boat and having your crew sing and tell you stories is just so much better than the endless horse riding RDR2 provided.

No offense, but you seem irritated that he poked a whole in your theory and nothing more.

Rockstar ain't all about GTA and RDR, bruh.

It would appear he is now avoiding that topic.

Rogue Spear was amazing. My first online game too I think. MSN gaming zone back when that was still a thing.
Rogue Spear is p4p one of my favourite FPS of all time. the planning, the AI everything was amazing.

For i have zero interest in answering elementary replies from users who dont understand subsystem game mechanics.
Or you could just admit your argument was poorly thought out. Instead of trying to pretend you actually had some semblance of fact.

Instead of trying to pretend you actually had some semblance of fact.

For im here talking about the race car and race track. While youre pointing at narrative like it means something.

For im here talking about the race car and race track. While youre pointing at narrative like it means something.

Actually you're just dribbling bullshit. Your argument is GTA had cars and so did Midnight club ergo they are identical. It's quite a compelling argument and I do wish you would continue it to actually get to some form of a point.

It's quite a compelling argument and I do wish you would continue it to actually get to some form of a point.

Newly acquired studio working on vehicles physics for GTA integration during the console time period when arcade racers had popular sales. LA Noire was a stripped down GTA with a linear story and limited open world. Where the resources were mainly tasked with streamlining facial recognition to animation for their flagship IP's. Max Payne, Bully and Manhunt were training wheels GTA for their eventual studio wide collaboration on GTA5 and RDR2.

BigTalkativeAsiaticmouflon-small.gif

Newly acquired studio working on vehicles physics for GTA integration during the console time period when arcade racers had popular sales. LA Noire was a stripped down GTA with a linear story and limited open world. Where the resources were mainly tasked with streamlining facial recognition to animation for their flagship IP's. Max Payne, Bully and Manhunt were training wheels GTA for their eventual studio wide collaboration on GTA5 and RDR2.

And yet some of their most celebrated games are Bully, Midnight club and table tennis....

{<doc}<Varys01>

It would appear he is now avoiding that topic.

Rogue Spear is p4p one of my favourite FPS of all time. the planning, the AI everything was amazing.

I didn't like the single player as much as multi, but the met on single player was a ton of fun to plan out

This is what you said though:

For Rockstar one must go back to 2008 with Midnight Club for a different game/genre.

You weren't arguing over the minutia of the overall development evolution of the studio. You just made a sweeping generalization about their game genres. An easily disprovable one. Are you willing to admit that what you said is completely false? Because I'm pretty sure Table Tennis(sports), Max Payne(linear third person shooter), LA Noire(point and click adventure) and Manhunt(Stealth) are not in the same genre as GTA.

Valhalla looks pretty good from what I've seen. Certainly not garbage.

Valhalla looks pretty good from what I've seen. Certainly not garbage.
I'm enjoying it for the most part. It's let down by some questionable design choices and the usual glitches. Most of the issues can be patched or improved with updates.

Back