U.S. on track to take in 70k refugees for this year

It seems as if this administration is trying to take down our own country.

You clearly are inspired by the love thy neighbour spirit...

Actually I am shocked to read you write this. Christians who argue against asylum seekers strike me as hypocrites.

Actually I am shocked to read you write this. Christians who argue against asylum seekers strike me as hypocrites.
Hey man, we all know the Statue of Liberty clearly has a plaque on it that reads, and I quote "Turn around ya bums!"

Yeah, a real famine going on in those places. Starving people dying in the streets. They need more subsidized housing and food stamps "to properly get by". That will solve all the problems. :icon_lol:

Hey they can barely afford a data plan. Many have to get by with a non-smartphone, or at best, some kind of crappy samsung smartphone.

If there was a way to filter out all the bad Muslims, then I'd be all for it. But there is not. Look at what is happening to Sweden and the UK. They have let too many bad Muslims into their country.

You despise Christians anyways so why does that matter?

You guys are closer to these countries producing muslim refugee than we are, you should be demanding more for Germany.

And have them as your neighbor instead of calling other people hypocrites for not wanted them as theirs.

You despise Christians anyways so why does that matter?

I don't. I ridicule their ideas in discussions, but many of them do good deeds so that is welcome. Many of my friends are Christians. Belief per se is not an issue.

You guys are closer to these countries producing muslim refugee than we are, you should be demanding more for Germany.

And have them as your neighbor instead of calling other people hypocrites for not wanted them as theirs.

LOL, there are many refugees in my immediate neighbourhood so I do not know what you want.

I have actually spoken to some of them. Most of them were fleeing from war and terror and were separated from loved ones and family in doing so. It is a moral duty to give these people shelter.

I do not advocate to give asylum to people who are simply poor. But those who are under immediate risk of being tortured, persecuted and killed must be given shelter. Anybody who says otherwise is despicable, and anybody preaching love thy neighbour but fuck asylum seekers is a hypocrite.

I don't. I ridicule their ideas in discussions, but many of them do good deeds so that is welcome. Many of my friends are Christians. Belief per se is not an issue.

LOL, there are many refugees in my immediate neighbourhood so I do not know what you want.

I have actually spoken to some of them. Most of them were fleeing from war and terror and were separated from loved ones and family in doing so. It is a moral duty to give these people shelter.

I do not advocate to give asylum to people who are simply poor. But those who are under immediate risk of being tortured, persecuted and killed must be given shelter. Anybody who says otherwise is despicable, and anybody preaching love thy neighbour but fuck asylum seekers is a hypocrite.

These are the same "christians" that foam at mouth at the very notion of poor people getting healthcare or a livable minimum wage. True samaritans.

70k is less that 1/10th of 1% of our existing population. I can't see why this would bother anyone.

germany took in 70k just last month

do i like it? no,i hate uncontrolled immigration
we need the best and brightest,instead we get the poor schmucks

70k is less that 1/10th of 1% of our existing population. I can't see why this would bother anyone.

It bothers people who get them as neighbors and then feel obligated to move. It certainly doesn't impact politicians like our president who send their kids to exclusive schools no matter how highly they think of public schools.

How many people send their kids to public schools with large refugee populations and supposrt the us tsking more? My guess is not many. It triggers wbite flight all over the place.

germany took in 70k just last month

do i like it? no,i hate uncontrolled immigration
we need the best and brightest,instead we get the poor schmucks

Are you referring to people arriving by boat? Sounds a little high. All of europe got 135k in 6 months and will get 250k for the 1st 8 months for the year, germany got 70g in one month??

www.reuters.com/article/2015/07/01/us-un-europe-refugees-idUSKCN0PB3JA20150701

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-31...erts-say-250-000-arrived-Europe-far-year.html

Yeah, a real famine going on in those places. Starving people dying in the streets. They need more subsidized housing and food stamps "to properly get by". That will solve all the problems. :icon_lol:

What a dumb comment.

There are real starving kids in this country and struggling people. I at least like Bernie Sanders for admitting and realizing this. Taking in Asylum seekers is about promoting an agenda by the elite. The rich 1% dont send their kids to these schools.

Again we should take care of our own people in decaying cities first.

It bothers people who get them as neighbors and then feel obligated to move. It certainly doesn't impact politicians like our president who send their kids to exclusive schools no matter how highly they think of public schools.

How many people send their kids to public schools with large refugee populations and supposrt the us tsking more? My guess is not many. It triggers wbite flight all over the place.

I agree

Are you referring to people arriving by boat? Sounds a little high. All of europe got 135k in 6 months and will get 250k for the 1st 8 months for the year, germany got 70g in one month??

www.reuters.com/article/2015/07/01/us-un-europe-refugees-idUSKCN0PB3JA20150701

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-31...erts-say-250-000-arrived-Europe-far-year.html

Yes its insanity. I like how the elite politicians ignore the real suffering of actual Americans and think we have infinite money.

It bothers some people that they have refugees as neighbors? Who cares? We don't get to pick our neighbors.

If anyone sends their kids to public school and doesn't support us taking more refugees, they should send their kids to private school, shouldn't they? I mean if you're going to suckle at the teat of free schools paid for your neighbors without kids then I would hope that you're consistent enough to not draw an arbitrary line in the sand.

I mean I get that some people get childish about the idea of immigrants who aren't from pre-approved locations but those people need to move to a country that isn't built on the idea of immigration so they can commiserate with like minded souls.

It bothers some people that they have refugees as neighbors? Who cares? We don't get to pick our neighbors.

If anyone sends their kids to public school and doesn't support us taking more refugees, they should send their kids to private school, shouldn't they? I mean if you're going to suckle at the teat of free schools paid for your neighbors without kids then I would hope that you're consistent enough to not draw an arbitrary line in the sand.

I mean I get that some people get childish about the idea of immigrants who aren't from pre-approved locations but those people need to move to a country that isn't built on the idea of immigration so they can commiserate with like minded souls.

Let them eat cake - it doesn't apply to u and it ypu would feel differently if it did.

Suck at the teet? You mean pay for them through property taxes and see them get ruined by refugees (who are always on welfare and not paying for them).

You sound like obama preaching down at others and not following his own advice (why not send his daughters - with access to private tutors and guarded by secret service) to the DC public schools?

Until u embrace it happening to u, u have no credibility. You refer to 70g a year as tiny (plus another million legal immigrants). Well for people who grew up in towns where they no longer no anyone there, its not so tiny.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back