U.S. on track to take in 70k refugees for this year

US invasions have created between 3.5 and 5 million Iraqis (http://web.mit.edu/humancostiraq/) and over 8 million Afghans (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_in_Afghanistan_(2001–present)#Refugees)

And this doesn't even include Palestinian refugees that the US-lead Israeli aggression has created over the last 40 years.

So taking in a few thousand refugees is shamefully low. You create a complete and total mess but don't fix it?

Where's the personal responsibility?

So we are responsible to take care of refugees from places all over the world because of the palestine situation and 2 recent wars?

Sounds more like a punishment than responsibility. And if its a punishment than u obviously dont think its good for us

Let them eat cake - it doesn't apply to u and it ypu would feel differently if it did.

Suck at the teet? You mean pay for them through property taxes and see them get ruined by refugees (who are always on welfare and not paying for them).

You sound like obama preaching down at others and not following his own advice (why not send his daughters - with access to private tutors and guarded by secret service) to the DC public schools?

Until u embrace it happening to u, u have no credibility. You refer to 70g a year as tiny (plus another million legal immigrants). Well for people who grew up in towns where they no longer no anyone there, its not so tiny.

No, it's no let them eat cake. It's "get over the idea that you might not like your neighbors."

Yes, suckle at the teat. They pay in property taxes and so does everyone else, whether they have kids or not. So, if someone is educating his/her kids at the expense of people who don't have kids but then complains about someone else getting their kids educated at the same expense then I think that person should practice some consistency or get out of the public school system.

Embrace what happening to me? Having neighbors I don't like or having kids in my local public school that I don't like? I have neighbors I don't like, I don't need to move, I just mind my own business.

And 70k is tiny. Sorry if you don't like the math but in a nation of over 300 million people then 70k is negligible. And we don't make immigration policy for Podunk towns with triple digit populations. And if we did then we'd have more immigrants, not less. Those towns actually need more people, not less.

So we are responsible to take care of refugees from places all over the world because of the palestine situation and 2 recent wars?

Sounds more like a punishment than responsibility. And if its a punishment than u obviously dont think its good for us

Yes, the two wars and the Palestine situation, WHICH THE US IS DIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE FOR.

It's a very simple concept: you make a mess, you know what kind of consequences follow from that mess, you make up for that mess. This notion is valid for parent-child relations all the way up to international ones.

And it's only punishment if you have some sort of pathology that makes you incapable of understanding that when you do something bad to others, you're obligated to make amends.

I come from a land down under.

When we got calls from our Australian division someone would always comment that criminal island was on line 3.

Did you know that the Japanese during the Pacific land battles said they were more afraid of Aussies than Americans. :)

They said Americans overwhelmed them with firepower. The Aussies they feared because of tenacity and brutality. :)

Back