• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Tyson Fury vs. Oleksandr Usyk (Rematch) - Who wins?

Who wins?

• Total voters
Joshua hurt Usyk more in the rematch then Fury did , go check out rnd 9 . He had Usyks eye balls rolled to the back of his head a few times and he hurt Usyk in the body in the first fight ,if he had combined the two fights together and blended those approaches Usyk may have been in trouble despite ppl painting a picture of a one sided fight .

Joshua actually held his own and made two close fights with him unlike Fury , Joshua hits to hard for Usyk just to go in on him and back him up continuously also boxing abilities because Joshua is a great counter puncher himself, you can get inside on Fury much easier despite his reach he has major holes defensively, pressing him long enough you see it unravel .

The Joshua rematch was decided in those championship rounds even Fury admitted that and why he thought he’d win easy as he felt that was some sort of weakness for Usyk calling Joshua stiff bum who can’t box ,well now we have another fight showing otherwise the difference between Joshua and Fury . Lol

Not a single analyst or fighter said that the Joshua fights were closer. Lol

I'd pick Fury.. he's younger, will benefit more from an extra training camp, and has shown himself to be better in rematches.

Too many people looking over the fact that if Usyk didn't land that one punch in the 9th, he loses. It's not like the AJ fights where Usyk was in control the entire night... Fury was in control over more minutes, Usyk had the bigger moment.
If Fury was in control of the fight longer he would've won it. Instead he was outlanded in 9 of the rounds. Beaten up starting in round 8 with his nose getting smashed in and then beaten from pillar to post until he was out on his feet in round 9. Fury can win but Usyk already opened as the favorite in the rematch. He wasn't in the first fight.

Joshua hurt Usyk more in the rematch then Fury did , go check out rnd 9 . He had Usyks eye balls rolled to the back of his head a few times and he hurt Usyk in the body in the first fight ,if he had combined the two fights together and blended those approaches Usyk may have been in trouble despite ppl painting a picture of a one sided fight .

Joshua actually held his own and made two close fights with him unlike Fury , Joshua hits to hard for Usyk just to go in on him and back him up continuously also boxing abilities because Joshua is a great counter puncher himself, you can get inside on Fury much easier despite his reach he has major holes defensively, pressing him long enough you see it unravel .

The Joshua rematch was decided in those championship rounds even Fury admitted that and why he thought he’d win easy as he felt that was some sort of weakness for Usyk calling Joshua stiff bum who can’t box ,well now we have another fight showing otherwise the difference between Joshua and Fury . Lol

Joshua deserves more credit than he gets for his humility and commitment to the craft.

He has picked himself up after the Usyk losses which have aged pretty well, and for a guy with more money than God, he has continued to try to improve when a lot of guys in similar situations (Fury, Wilder, and to a lesser extent Andy Ruiz and Luis Ortiz) don't seem particularly keen to actually honestly address their shortcomings and improve them.

I would pick AJ over Fury and Wilder at this point, primarily due to his attitude and work ethic. (He never gets fat and out of shape)

Additionally, Joshua uses his reach and power better than Fury.

For some reason this narrative has stuck that because AJ has muscles that he doesn't get credit, or sufficient credit imo, for his boxing technique and his overall respect and commitment to the craft of boxing, which is horseshit in my humble opinion.

I’m going with Usyk again. I think those wars with Wilder took their toll on Fury. Hurt in his last two fights and Usyk finishes the job this time.

Yeah that was in round 6 when he was hurt from a clean uppercut. I rewatched it last night. Actually Fury realized Usyk is rocked and went after him. Missed all following punches. Usyk is weird as he starts to move even more his head left and right and his legs get better in panic mode, probably has to do with his training, athleticism etc but all in all despite of having a solid chin Usyk has great recovery as well. And last but not least Fury isn't really a sharp shooter, never has been, that helps Usyk as well as he isn't dealing with an Ali attack in there.
When I rewatch I will look to see if Usyk was dodging a determined assault. In real time it seemed like Fury was saving his gas tank a little bit.

Joshua deserves more credit than he gets for his humility and commitment to the craft.

He has picked himself up after the Usyk losses which have aged pretty well, and for a guy with more money than God, he has continued to try to improve when a lot of guys in similar situations (Fury, Wilder, and to a lesser extent Andy Ruiz and Luis Ortiz) don't seem particularly keen to actually honestly address their shortcomings and improve them.

I would pick AJ over Fury and Wilder at this point, primarily due to his attitude and work ethic. (He never gets fat and out of shape)

Additionally, Joshua uses his reach and power better than Fury.

For some reason this narrative has stuck that because AJ has muscles that he doesn't get credit, or sufficient credit imo, for his boxing technique and his overall respect and commitment to the craft of boxing, which is horseshit in my humble opinion.
Well most guys haven’t ever even boxed bf in front of a crowd but know everything ? Amd it’s usually guys who are the dad bod type who took some classes in whatever for a limited amount of time and think they can do damage to real fighters there’s some on this very section I’ve met ? Lol

That being said you actually have to be in shape if you have lean muscle and are a heavy weight bc that burns energy first then fat . Th3 truth is Joshua is in far better condition then Fury could image th3 guy was a triathlon athlete At on3 point etc etc ..

Fury’s a fat guy who is clumsy that throws loopy punches less technical aspects but he gets more credit bc boxing fans are dumb it is what it is .

As far as total punches landed are concerned Fury only outlanded him in 3 rounds (5, 6 & 12). CompuBox was way off.

Punch-Count.png

It was competitive but not a close fight. The second Joshua fight was closer. Fuckin delboy has probably given usyk his toughest night at HW ffs

in hindsight Fury should've probably expended more energy when he had Usyk hurt. If he'd landed one or two more flush shots he might've had Usyk in as bad of shape as he himself ended up being later.
In a rematch if Fury could find a way to slip Usyk's left he'd probably win. Otherwise I'd go with Usyk again and probably by a finish.

The rounds he won clearly (5 & 6) he fought at a much higher pace. No matter what condition he can get himself in, he can’t fight against that pace for most of the fight. He’ll gas and get knocked out

It was competitive but not a close fight. The second Joshua fight was closer. Fuckin delboy has probably given usyk his toughest night at HW ffs
I agree. It seemed closer watching it live but I rewatched it the other day. Usyk won even more clearly than I thought. Had it 116-111 Usyk.

As far as total punches landed are concerned Fury only outlanded him in 3 rounds (5, 6 & 12). CompuBox was way off.

Punch-Count.png

The idea that Fury only landed 3 punches in round 2 in particular is fucking absurd. Laughable video.

I don't know in what kind of mindset Fury is today.

In order to fight for world title you need to train diligently and really hard in order to he in shape and mindset to be ready to start pre fight training camp
Usyk till today had proved more cool character and more diligent mindset....More discipline etc.

While Fury really is not only large, he does have a lot of natural talent and despite flaws he is very dangerous.. .

The idea that Fury only landed 3 punches in round 2 in particular is fucking absurd. Laughable video.
So you dispute slow motion video evidence of clean punches landed? Even according to CompuBox Fury was outlanded in round 2. So it doesn't even matter what statistical source you use.

So you dispute slow motion video evidence of clean punches landed? Even according to CompuBox Fury was outlanded in round 2. So it doesn't even matter what statistical source you use.

I dispute editing that ignores punches that Fury landed.

I never said Fury wasn't outlanded in round 2. I never said Fury won round 2. What I'm saying is that only a literal blind person could watch round 2 and think Fury only landed 3 punches in it.

I dispute editing that ignores punches that Fury landed.

I never said Fury wasn't outlanded in round 2. I never said Fury won round 2. What I'm saying is that only a literal blind person could watch round 2 and think Fury only landed 3 punches in it.
I wouldn't be surprised if that's all he landed cleanly. Fury isn't exactly that accurate. He had Wilder standing right in front of him for 3 fights and still managed to miss punch after punch. Fury also slaps a ton and lands in non-scoring areas.

Usually, the winner of the first fight wins the second fight easier. that's an old boxing maxim, but I think usyk does this, Still, I never saw Fury look that good, hands were quick and he moved well. I was absolutely wrong that he'd even be competitive , he made a fight of it. Can't get that Ngannou debacle out of my head. I don't think he can find a way to win, he's kinda good at screwing himself over, Usyk, even if hes not an all time great, is a serious professional and you gotta go with that most of the time. Tyson is and has always been sorta mercurial.
Im going to disagree with this I’ve watched boxing since really the 70”s as a kid bit remember a lot in the early 80”s at least at heavyweight ,.

I don’t remember rematches ending the same way which is funny bc boxing fans are at least nowadays against them unlike other sports where multiple games determine championships outside a superbowl nfl game but how would outcomes change on that if it was say a beat out of 3 ? My guess you’d see different winners completely based on other factors .

Im going to disagree with this I’ve watched boxing since really the 70”s as a kid bit remember a lot in the early 80”s at least at heavyweight ,.

I don’t remember rematches ending the same way which is funny bc boxing fans are at least nowadays against them unlike other sports where multiple games determine championships outside a superbowl nfl game but how would outcomes change on that if it was say a beat out of 3 ? My guess you’d see different winners completely based on other factors .
it's usually true but not always, plenty of exceptions, no doubt. Does Tyson have it in him to be an exception? No, I don't think so, he can barely get to fight time without cancelling.

Back