• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Tyson Fury vs. Oleksandr Usyk (Rematch) - Who wins?

Who wins?

• Total voters
This is literally the third reply in this thread, lol.
So you would've had a draw without the knockdown which gave Usyk the extra point. Alright. Yeah that's not good scoring. A proper score would be 115-112 or 116-111 Usyk.

So you would've had a draw without the knockdown which gave Usyk the extra point. Alright. Yeah that's not good scoring. A proper score would be 115-112 or 116-111 Usyk.
Rounds 1, 2, 8, 9, 10 & 11 were clearly Usyk’s. Rounds 4, 5, 6, 7 & 12 were clearly Fury’s. Round 3 was close and could have gone either way but I gave it to Fury based on damage.

If you’re gonna be an asshat about it, I’ll be blunt: whoever thinks a 116-111 score was even possible is legally blind and clinically retarded.

Rounds 1, 2, 8, 9, 10 & 11 were clearly Usyk’s. Rounds 4, 5, 6, 7 & 12 were clearly Fury’s. Round 3 was close and could have gone either way but I gave it to Fury based on damage.

If you’re gonna be an asshat about it, I’ll be blunt: whoever thinks a 116-111 score was even possible is legally blind and clinically retarded.
Uh some of those rounds certainly weren't clearly Fury's like Round 12. Usyk won the majority of the early rounds and then most of the second half. That's how you could get 8 rounds to 4 (116-111). It's only a 1 round difference from the 115-112 card that one of the judges turned in for Usyk.

At most Fury won 4 or 5 rounds. He got outlanded in the majority of the rounds and was controlled longer. If you think that 116-111 isn't possible then you'd be wrong. @Jonny Ninja had the same score that I did upon rewatching the fight.

Uh some of those rounds certainly weren't clearly Fury's like Round 12. Usyk won the majority of the early rounds and then most of the second half. That's how you could get 8 rounds to 4 (116-111). It's only a 1 round difference from the 115-112 card that one of the judges turned in for Usyk.

At most Fury won 4 or 5 rounds. He got outlanded in the majority of the rounds and was controlled longer. If you think that 116-111 isn't possible then you'd be wrong. @Jonny Ninja had the same score that I did upon rewatching the fight.

I saw it roughly the same both watches. It was a clear, clean win for usyk. Fury win no more than 4 rounds imo. If you give fury every round that was ‘reasonably’ close, then he still lose the fight by a point. The judge scoring the fight to fury is either incompetent, corrupt, or maybe both. You’d have to score the first 6/7 rounds to fury which is absolutely laughable. You dont win rounds showboating and doing nothing else. And straight lefts to the body are scoring punches! He won 3-4 of those rounds, absolute tops

Also anyone claiming this was that close need to take in to consideration that fury was saved by the bell and a sympathetic ref. He was a few mm’s and a split second away from being laid out cold. The fight wasn’t close

I saw it roughly the same both watches. It was a clear, clean win for usyk. Fury win no more than 4 rounds imo. If you give fury every round that was ‘reasonably’ close, then he still lose the fight by a point. The judge scoring the fight to fury is either incompetent, corrupt, or maybe both. You’d have to score the first 6/7 rounds to fury which is absolutely laughable
Also anyone claiming this was that close need to take in to consideration that fury was saved by the bell and a sympathetic ref. He was a few mm’s and a split second away from being laid out cold. The fight wasn’t close
Agreed. Just out of curiosity I Googled for some live RBR coverage. Bad Left Hook's was the first I found. They also scored it 116-111 Usyk.

Tyson Fury vs Oleksandr Usyk: Live streaming results, round by round updates, how to watch, start time, running order

@StopDucking “whoever thinks a 116-111 score was even possible is legally blind and clinically retarded.” 😂

Who really won the fight with a scorecard Poll Fury or Usyk

It turns out that the most common fan score was 116-111 Usyk. The second most common was 115-112 Usyk.
Scoring-Poll.png

Last edited:
Ok, fair enough.

I still don’t see how Usyk won 8 rounds unless you think landed punches count more than actual damage or that the guy coming forward is always in control but I will take back what I said about 116-111 not being a score.

Because obviously it is, somehow.

Ok, fair enough.

I still don’t see how Usyk won 8 rounds unless you think landed punches count more than actual damage or that the guy coming forward is always in control but I will take back what I said about 116-111 not being a score.

Because obviously it is, somehow.
Usyk was snapping his head back constantly and did even more damage. Ultimately the scoring criteria comes down to clean punches landed and Usyk's shots were effective. Fury was wearing the damage.

So, the most common fan score was 116-111 Usyk and the most common media score was 115-112 Usyk.

Usyk was snapping his head back constantly and did even more damage. Ultimately the scoring criteria comes down to clean punches landed and Usyk's shots were effective. Fury was wearing the damage.

So, the most common fan score was 116-111 Usyk and the most common media score was 115-112 Usyk.
All the damage you’re taking about was done in rounds 8 & 9, both of which I already gave to Usyk. Where the 6 other Usyk’s rounds come from is what I’m wondering.

All the damage you’re taking about was done in rounds 8 & 9, both of which I already gave to Usyk. Where the 6 other Usyk’s rounds come from is what I’m wondering.
Again, Usyk was snapping his head back the entire fight. You couldn't have missed it. He was also the ring general in there, had better defense, and his aggression was effective on top of outlanding Fury the majority of the rounds with clean punches.

Again, Usyk was snapping his head back the entire fight. You couldn't have missed it. He was also the ring general in there, had better defense, and his aggression was effective on top of outlanding Fury the majority of the rounds with clean punches.
Jabs that snap your head back are actually more annoying than damaging. On the other hand, Fury landed many uppercuts that backed off Usyk and almost made him regret the battlefield.

Jabs that snap your head back are actually more annoying than damaging. On the other hand, Fury landed many uppercuts that backed off Usyk and almost made him regret the battlefield.
Stiff jabs are telling punches when they snap your opponent's head back. They're eye catching. He did back Usyk off at times but more often than not Usyk was walking him down. He was the aggressor and it was effective aggression. How do we know? Because Usyk was able to cut the ring, corner Fury, and put him against the ropes on several occasions. He was landing clean punches in the process. Defensively he was better as well. Usyk landed more shots, higher quality ones, and made Fury miss more. Hence why 2 of the 3 judges had him winning as did the overwhelming majority of fans & media.

Sorry but there’s no way Fury won rnd 12 . Why do you think he won the 12th round ? How did Fury win round 3 ? He barely landed anything and he got backed up the entire round and ate most the power shots ,no one even called any body shots Usyk was landing but called Furys which landed from time to time .

It’s like they had to wait to call any shots being landed until Fury landed his and talked over Usyks punches as if he wasn’t hitting him ? Lol

Last edited:
Usyk put Fury where he wanted him in the ring. He dictated the pace of the fight so much so that Fury was visibly fatigued. That's when he got caught with big shots in the 8th and 9th rounds. His hands were low and he was tired. Usyk's pressure wore on him and it started from the very first round. Out of all the scoring criteria there isn't a single criterion in which Fury won.

IIRC the commentators on sky thought fury had a broken nose in the mid rounds so he did bust him up prior to the 9th. It wasn’t broken but it was leaking blood and causing breathing issues.

Usyk put Fury where he wanted him in the ring. He dictated the pace of the fight so much so that Fury was visibly fatigued. That's when he got caught with big shots in the 8th and 9th rounds. His hands were low and he was tired. Usyk's pressure wore on him and it started from the very first round. Out of all the scoring criteria there isn't a single criterion in which Fury won.

And this is furys problem in the rematch. Usyk makes his opponents work even harder than he does, with his pace and constant pressure and movement. Fury can’t fight at the pace he fought at in rounds 5 and 6 for a prolonged period. If he does he’ll get knocked out when he tires. I think he has to try and take usyk out early. Be aggressive and take risks. Good luck with that, it’s like a choice between the devil and the deep blue sea.

@StopDucking “whoever thinks a 116-111 score was even possible is legally blind and clinically retarded.” 😂

Who really won the fight with a scorecard Poll Fury or Usyk

It turns out that the most common fan score was 116-111 Usyk. The second most common was 115-112 Usyk.
Scoring-Poll.png

Sky sports viewers poll at the end of the fight was 111-116. Commentators and most of the ex pros/pundits on there had it roughly the same as well. Barry mcguigan and Matthew macklin both had it wide to usyk

And this is furys problem in the rematch. Usyk makes his opponents work even harder than he does, with his pace and constant pressure and movement. Fury can’t fight at the pace he fought at in rounds 5 and 6 for a prolonged period. If he does he’ll get knocked out when he tires. I think he has to try and take usyk out early. Be aggressive and take risks. Good luck with that, it’s like a choice between the devil and the deep blue sea.
Indeed. Fury should be aggressive and look to get him out of there early. The issue is that he'll only open himself up to sharp counters from Usyk and, if Fury's punch resistance has deteriorated, coming forward will be even more dangerous for him. Does Fury even trust his own chin enough to come forward? It didn't look like he did last time. He was on the back foot more.

Indeed. Fury should be aggressive and look to get him out of there early. The issue is that he'll only open himself up to sharp counters from Usyk and, if Fury's punch resistance has deteriorated, coming forward will be even more dangerous for him. Does Fury even trust his own chin enough to come forward? It didn't look like he did last time. He was on the back foot more.

His best bet for the rematch is incompetent or corrupt judging

His best bet for the rematch is incompetent or corrupt judging
Or another ref that will save him lol. Don't get me wrong though I think Fury could win the rematch. He did hurt Usyk last time and should've followed up when he did. Pressed him more. That's his best chance aside from favorable officiating.

Back