• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media *** Tyson Fury vs. Francis Ngannou Post Fight Discussion MEGATHREAD ***

How does the fight go?

• Total voters
Fury only looked good once in his career. In his second fight with the Charlie Zelenoff beater. In all of his other fights he looked like shit even when he won. But he was the social media star of the HW division, boxing's Conor.

The unspoken losers of tonight are also the hardcore MMA fans who just wanted to see Francis keep mowing down other HW's.

Aspinall or Pavlovich are great don't get me wrong but they're not mutants like Ngannou is.

MMA casuals are singlehandedly carrying the hype for the charade, please stop.

MMA fans are so invested it’s crazy lol
boxing fans now:

- calm down MMA fans
- boxers these days aren't good at all
- Fury was out of shape and didn't train
- Fury didn't take him seriously
- Fury was paid to keep the fight going

y'all are funny.

He held back punches all fight even when Ngannou gassed hard midway through the fight Fury obviously slowed his pace down to and carried the fight to the finish line. Did zero work and now he’s going to rob the casual MMA fanbase for a rematch
Oh. A 22 noob is an expert.
Off to the long ignore list.
Guess I ignored before replying. No fuss.

I don't think he took Ngannou that seriously at all, I think the lack of inactivity has hurt him too I highly doubt he has been training that seriously over the past 18 months when he is fighting guys like Ngannou or rematching guys like Chisora or Whyte. There's no way you can look at that fight and honestly say he looked like the same guy that fought Wlad or Wilder, Wilder dropped him way harder and after getting up there was much more urgency to win the fight, he looked like he didn't want to be in there with Francis, he didn't even want to commit to a jab for a lot of the fight. Serves him right, glad Francis made him pay for taking this freak show bout and proving that you should always respect your opponent.

First the decision:: I knew when the fight ended that Fury would win the decision.
Why is really easy...
Saudia Arabia, where the fight took place, has the Fury-Usyk fight booked in December. There is zero chance Ngannou is winning a close fight on the judges scorecards where SA loses the heavyweight championship fight coming next.

That said, I had the fight to Ngannou giving him 23478 & R3 10-8. Personally I thought 4,6,&10 were close, and gave 2 of them to Fury. Fury won his rounds doing little damage and mostly out-pointing with a jab. Ngannou won a lot of his rounds landing power punches and doing damage.
Ngannou did the most damage in the fight by the mile. Got the only knockdown. And in the 8th he had Fury hurting and on the ropes (figuratively). Massive mistake by him to not try harder to win the 9th & 10th. He had to have known that given the Usyk fight, he was going to get zero close rounds on the score cards and lose all close fights.

Let me be clear and say, Francis Ngannou won the fight. If you're being super generous and gave 1,4,5,6,9,&10 to Fury ... you could give him the fight 95-94 (which one judge did). So in that sense him losing on the cards isn't a complete robbery. Although Francis should have won on the cards anyways IMO, he definitely won the fight in terms of who did more damage. Who got the only knockdown. Who controlled the fight & exchanges. Etc...
Taken on a whole and not round-for-round, Ngannou won and it wasn't that close. That is incredible.

Either way, amazing showing by big Frank. His stock went way up. And he made the heavyweight boxing division look like a joke.

Regarding MMA... this fight doesn't really prove it - but I think Francis is likely the best heavyweight ever. He didn't have the best career. But after learning enough wrestling, I think he's too much of a problem for anyone. He has to cut to make 265, chiseled out of stone. Athletic freak. With an iron chin. He punches like a mac truck. In the Stipe rematch with some wrestling, it was all over. I think he's too big and strong for Jones. Could Jones win? Sure. He's an amazing fighter. But that fight would have been priced close to evens and I think there would have been massive value on Francis. Why? His wrestling, size, and strength would of made it very hard for Jones to take him down. Standing, there is such a massive power difference between them that Jones would of had to fight the perfect fight to win. Personally I think Frank is likely -200 or so vs Jones if they were to fight in the Octagon.

Francis is an example of what happens if you take a truly gifted physical athlete at the heavyweight level, and commit him to combat. Most athletic freaks that big make the real $$$ elsewhere.

This fight also dispelled w/ the meme following Fury that this is what peak athletic male performance looks like (his dad bod). Yah sorry. Guess not.

Big ups to Ngannou! And to MMA vs Boxing for once! LFG!

He didnt just fumble the bag he actively went on a smear campaign against Francis stating lies about him, insinuating he is scared and wanted to fight lesser opponents out there lol ok.

Fury > the entire ufc hw roster as far as dificult opponents for Francis

Last edited:
Huge if they did. Francis has at least 9 months left of his post-prime athleticism to cash in on fixed boxing matches and he could easily face some B level MMA fighters to determine who’s the 7th best HW in the world.

They could still do more shows with fewer divisions. Instead of an 8 man tournament, they could raise it to 12 or 16.

The only reason they had W155 was for Kayla Harrison and she's not even doing tournaments anymore.

Im sure they can source some people from the Olympics and the IMMAF to fill that division....its unique to see such big women fight.. but yea i wont cry if its gone lol

Fury came in way overweight and it showed. Even with the knockdown, he should've had the gas to put it on Francis late but he obviously didn't. Very happy for Francis. Anytime someone sticks it to Dana is a good night.

Mayweather is a defensive genius and he fought in some of the more skilled divisions

I agree with you on this. Happier for Francis than I am to shit on Dana and his fat ego. If I'm Endeavor/TKO I need to check Dana's ego and do what's best for the company. They have the opportunity to salvage a co-promotion if they put Dana in his place.

Back