• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media *** Tyson Fury vs. Francis Ngannou Post Fight Discussion MEGATHREAD ***

How does the fight go?

• Total voters
Floyd didn’t play with Conor lol. That’s what you delusional idiots wish were true. Floyd definitely struggled with Conor and there is a reason Floyd wouldn’t press Conor until he gassed. Why would money involved mean anything? You think everytime a big fight happens guys don’t try to finish because of money LOL. You think Floyd let Conor punch him and snap his head back?

Ngannou didn’t beat a prime Fury, he knocked him down. Fury isn’t in his prime and he clearly didn’t take the fight serious, he literally has a big fight in a few weeks.

All it boils down to is you’re racially biased and want to make the black fighters look better than white.

I doubt that 37 years old Francis is in his prime either.

No. Ngannou did nothing better. He’s going to try to sell a African branded liquor next that will be second to proper 12.

Ngannou beat an undefeated boxing champion, who was bigger (height, reach) and I think younger

Conor was carried by a pillow fisted 40 year old with hand issues, who hadn't a legit ko/tko in a decade

Francis boxing looked WAY better than Conor. He was much more composed in that ring and certainly belonged

Conor was embarrassed and so was Fury
Big Frank pulled it off, fuck the corrupt judges

Conor wasn't good enough to complain about corrupt judges, he couldn't make it

MMA is a fringe sport with a petty fan base. Boxing represents more lucrative opportunities for it’s athletes and is a more popular. MMA fans are not open-minded enough to give Boxing a chance because it’s the better sport.
More popular? I think the ppv numbers say otherwise? Not counting the freakshows and youtubers

Too bad nobody actually thinks that lol

They have no idea how to score a boxing fight

I get the moral victory just like what Bob sapp did to Big Nog and he even gave him pernament neck damage but Fury is the winner

Just facts bro

Nothing really changes except for maybe Francis getting more high-profile boxing fights. At 37 years old I'm not quite sure he has much tank in the gas tank left.

The state of boxing right now legitimately sucks imo and this fight changes nothing.

Wilder is the other the other fighter Hearns is obsessed with, He also seems very confident that AJ will finish Wilder. Losing to Wilder seems to be less humiliating to him than a "gimmick MMA fighter" as AJ puts it. He probably wants Francis to prove himself more other than suprising the world with the Fury fight
I think Francis is fighting for PFL next. If AJ gets KOd by Wilder then he is not getting the Fury fight next and Usyk already beat him two times so the Francis fight is very likely if he loses to Wilder imo

Khabib Submit Fury in 1 minute Boxing it's not a real fight, Boxers know they can't fight for real thats why are too scared to fight MMA.

There are 100s of cruiserweight / heavyweight boxers that could do one camp and knock out Khabib in any rule set (and "on the streetz")

Heavyweight is a completely different animal, TS is right.

But still its all individual specific. This happens in MMA too, when they selectively move guys like Periera when early in his run 100s of regional grapplers could beat him, yet he knocked out the current champion in 30 seconds...same idea. Ngannou isnt the only one, Tyrone Spong won what 20 straight boxing matches as well (also juiced to gills and at heavyweight)

If any fan is watching boxing because of Ngannou they already missed out on some great years . Fury and Wilder held the division up but they didn’t stop any fights other then with themselves ducking and avoiding undisputed for years now .

Ngannou vs Fury wasn’t even the best fight on that card it was Wardley vs Adeleye for the British heavyweight title .

Last edited:
boxing is too corrupt, dirty of a sport. I'm never not going to be a casual fan. I hate it in a lot of ways, but still will tune it to watch a few fights that interest me. MMA is superior to boxing, that will never change going forward.

Did fury even take the fight serious. He wanted to take zero damage knowing he has a huge fight in a month. Fury got off the couch and still beat the scariest power puncher in combat sports

He sure failed at taking zero damage. Also, if he didn't want to take damage, then he obviously wouldn't have just "gotten off the couch" because that's asking for trouble. No, he would've instead come in the best shape possible to just outbox Ngannou for 10 rounds and not get hit in return.

Conor has never boxed again, he knows there are levels to this

But Francis shook the world, he's ready for the next one

Not to mention, McGregor was much younger, much bigger, much more active in combat sports, and in his prime.

Ngannou is older than Fury, of a similar size if not smaller than Fury, and was going up against the current best boxer in the heavyweight division. Fury is also a much more lethal puncher than Mayweather.

This is absolutely more impressive than McGregor, especially when you consider that Ngannou barely lost, while McGregor was getting battered and stopped in the 10th round.

mcgregor-mayweather.gif

Remember all the talk of McGregor only needing to land one punch to finish Mayweather? He was much bigger and stronger, and still couldn't hurt a 40-year-old Mayweather.

<Lmaoo>

Pretty sure that Fury won
<TheWire1>

It's smart to push this narrative as hard as possible, no matter its factual inaccuracy.

The stronger the narrative, the stronger the leverage in potential rematch negotiations/negotiations for other big fights.

It's smart to push this narrative as hard as possible, no matter its factual inaccuracy.

The stronger the narrative, the stronger the leverage in potential rematch negotiations/negotiations for other big fights.

My man, I wanted Fury to lose, hes a dick and I wont forgive him.

Doesnt matter how shit Fury or good Ngannou looked, Fury won that match.

MMA is a fringe sport with a petty fan base. Boxing represents more lucrative opportunities for its athletes and is a more popular. MMA fans are not open-minded enough to give Boxing a chance because it’s the better sport.
Trolling used to be fun.

Ngannou beat an undefeated boxing champion, who was bigger (height, reach) and I think younger

Conor was carried by a pillow fisted 40 year old with hand issues, who hadn't a legit ko/tko in a decade

Francis boxing looked WAY better than Conor. He was much more composed in that ring and certainly belonged

Conor was embarrassed and so was Fury
Big Frank pulled it off, fuck the corrupt judges

Conor wasn't good enough to complain about corrupt judges, he couldn't make it

Ngannou vs. Fury was a clown show. Over the top comical entrances, Ngannou and Fury dressed like Halloween kings and annoying ass concerts.

Haven’t seen a production that bad since Pride days back in the 2000s. The boxing was also terrible. Both Tyson and Big Frank gassed in 4 rounds and it turned into a cluster fuck.

Mayweather and McGregor actually looked like a boxing fight than a circus fight.

MMA is a fringe sport with a petty fan base. Boxing represents more lucrative opportunities for it’s athletes and is a more popular. MMA fans are not open-minded enough to give Boxing a chance because it’s the better sport.

I followed boxing growing up until MMA came along. And still followed it closely up until the Trinidad and Hopkins era. But the corruption was just too much after a while. Then you take into account the big gloves and lack of action at times, it ended up being a no go for me.

I made this point yesterday during the thread. HWs have their physicality to balance things up - this is only viable with HWs.

Maybe. Ppl will only be interested in watching Ngannou boxing matches... at first. But then maybe they start paying attention to other boxers and start checking it out regularly. But I doubt it.

Back