Tyson Fury vs. Anthony Joshua

Fury is longer, better chin, higher fight iq. Better defence.

Do you have any proof whatsoever that hes ever ducked anybody?

Wilder went 40+ fights facing a grand total of two top 10 level opponents. Fury fake retired at 27 when obligated to give Wlad a rematch (coincidentally also just as his countryman AJ was entering the elite ranks) and now his dad is on tv saying he has nothing left to prove and should retire at the grand old age of 31. Lets not forget that now rather problematic interview he gave way back before he had any reason to talk shit, where he heaped praise on Joshua and admitted a young AJ gave him hell in sparring.

Personally I think Fury will win that fight, probably by a fairly wide UD. But the amount of baseless criticism Joshua gets (particularly when it comes to accusations of ducking and cherry picking) is ridiculous.
Biggest myth in boxing right now is AJ 'ducking' Hes fought more top 10 contenders than Fury AND WIlder combined. Povetkin, Parker, Wlad. He tried to get the Wilder fights and they fed everyone the 'slave contract' bullshit. Eddie Hearn came out today and said they want that fight as the next fight. Its as big as it can be right now after AJ losing and coming back and Tyson doing what he did saturday. It will happen 100% but all depends on WIlder activating his rematch or not

Biggest myth in boxing right now is AJ 'ducking' Hes fought more top 10 contenders than Fury AND WIlder combined. Povetkin, Parker, Wlad. He tried to get the Wilder fights and they fed everyone the 'slave contract' bullshit. Eddie Hearn came out today and said they want that fight as the next fight. Its as big as it can be right now after AJ losing and coming back and Tyson doing what he did saturday. It will happen 100% but all depends on WIlder activating his rematch or not
I think it's bad that Fury took years off, was on drugs, and had mental health problems, came back, had warm up fights, got in shape, got robbed by judges, waited another year for a rematch, and still has a better resume than an active 40+ fights Wilder.

Think Tyson wears him out and takes over the second half of the fight.

Think Tyson wears him out and takes over the second half of the fight.
Yeah, I'm still not 100% sold on AJ's cardio in a high output fight. AJ can't sit back and outbox Fury like he did Ruiz.

I've got Fury, but it's an intriguing fight.

AJ has more weapons than Wilder, but I think he is also more vulnerable. Like Wilder, he can KO anyone, which makes the fight intriguing.

However, I think Fury has more ways to win: he could box and feint and use his cardio to take Joshua to deep waters.

But he could also use the Kronk style and come forward: Joshua has a good uppercut, but he otherwise isn't an inside fighter and I could absolutely see him being drained and bullied in a rough, clinch-heavy fight.

So many questions need answering though: would Joshua come in light like vs Ruiz 2? (bad idea, imo) Is he fully recovered from that loss or will he crumble if things start to go wrong?

Conversely, which style would Fury employ? And can he keep it together until they meet?

Fury wont fight AJ like he did wilder, as AJ cant fight well on the inside and string together punches.

I think AJ could struggle to engage the illusive fury we have seen in the past.

Think it would be a great fight

Either one can win, they're both that good. It all depends on who implements their game plan more effectively.

It wouldn't be competitive, Fury would embarrass him. I still think Wilder starches Joshua.

Fury wins for me, but of course AJ would have a real chance.

I've no idea who wins it but I want to see it a lot more than I want to see Wilder 3.
Fury and Joshua Face Time each other (they showed it on Tyson Fury Gypsy King) and they seem on good terms and up for it.

Back