Tyron Woodley is the new Rashad Evans

I think it's a compliment to Woodley. Rashad is good in the cage and the commentary booth. Each knocked out a fan favorite. Woodley headed in that direction, but hopefully he can defend a couple times. Not a bad place to be.

No black fighter gets tons of love on Sherdog. When Cormier and Woodley were nobodies, people would point to how nobody hates on them all the time as evidence that race doesn't play a part in how some people perceive Jones. A few years later and Cormier & Woodley aren't very popular as champions.

It has nothing to do with race, bro. It has everything to do with how much of an ass you are. Heels are more embraced than well dressed, well spoken people.

Take the UFC 200 press conference. People were booing Cormier and cheering for Jones. So were people racist against Cormier?? That is society being fucked up as a whole, cheering for a guy who has ties to drug use, tested positive, almost killed someone in a hit and run, yet they boo a well spoken, well dressed respectful man.

If racism had anything to do with it, Sherdog would love Conor........yet he is one of the most hated people on here. GSP is probably the MMA goat, yet casuals know nothing about him and he's been innactive for what?? 4 years??

Stop bitching about racism, it only exists to racist people.

I remember this board when Shad knocked out Chuck and fully arrived as the man, the same angst on the board was directed at him as is now directed at Tyron. They even have a similar style, wrestler with heavy right hands.

Both confident, well spoken, athletic. People didn't like Shad at first but Brown Suga grew on people and eventually became a fan favorite. So don't count Tyron out yet, he may just become a rooting favorite in teh future
I couldnt agree more. I always thought Woodley fought exactly like Rashad. Even their bad performances looked exactly the same. Woodley vs Rory. Evans vs Jones. Inactive. confused. back foot stuck on the cage. enable to wrestle to get off the cage. waiting too long looking for the right hand bomb.

When was Rashad ever loved?

He knocked out Chuck which didn't bother me that much but I remember being in high school and how everyone was psyched to see him and Rampage fight and then everyone was disappointed with Rashad after.

When it comes to me liking or disliking a person, it's about the chemistry/personality. I work with some guys and we laugh it up and hang out.
Then there's guys that just weird me out, and I have a real hard time even talking to them. I know I'm a kook, but it relates to the fighters. If they do or say things that rub me the wrong way, I'm going to have a hard time being a fan.

No black fighter gets tons of love on Sherdog. When Cormier and Woodley were nobodies, people would point to how nobody hates on them all the time as evidence that race doesn't play a part in how some people perceive Jones. A few years later and Cormier & Woodley aren't very popular as champions.

To be fair Woodley has gotten most of his hate from calling out guys who are retired/suspended as his first title defense. How the hell do you defend that?

It has nothing to do with race, bro. It has everything to do with how much of an ass you are. Heels are more embraced than well dressed, well spoken people.

Take the UFC 200 press conference. People were booing Cormier and cheering for Jones. So were people racist against Cormier?? That is society being fucked up as a whole, cheering for a guy who has ties to drug use, tested positive, almost killed someone in a hit and run, yet they boo a well spoken, well dressed respectful man..

What if those people like Jones more because he perpetuates negative stereotypes, so he's easier for them to accept?
mindblown.gif

If racism had anything to do with it, Sherdog would love Conor........yet he is one of the most hated people on here.

He does have a following - they're just more quiet now since he got pieced up and strangled. He had guys literally parroting his every word on here. Could there be an invisible (via the internet) similarity that we're missing that might give us a clue about why a group here identified/identifies with him so much?

Now I was mostly fucking around with the previous comments and am not seriously debating (or defending whoever you were actually talking to, as I really don't give much of a fuck), nor will I - but that last comment is just plain ignorant and is actually a microaggression. That shit exists still. Some people would prefer to say that it doesn't - some even would like to believe that but it's wishful thinking.
Even Sherdog itself is (a semi-retarded) Exhibit A.

To be fair Woodley has gotten most of his hate from calling out guys who are retired/suspended as his first title defense. How the hell do you defend that?

Bisbing did the exact same thing and for some reason he's much more popular than Woodley. I wonder why?

'Racism only exists to racist people' 'People that talk about racists are the real racists?' Ummmmmm. Who invented these RIDICULOUS ass canned phrases that closet racists keep parroting? Nothing worse than so many supposed tough guys on this site TOO FUCKING COWARDLY TO JUST ADMIT THEY ARE RACIST. I have more respect for Stormfront. At least they don't bullshit around the subject.

Eh, I don't really see it. Shad was more well rounded technically. Woodley relies more on his speed and power.

Rashad had better footwork. Woodley has more power relative to his division.

Take the UFC 200 press conference. People were booing Cormier and cheering for Jones. So were people racist against Cormier?? That is society being fucked up as a whole, cheering for a guy who has ties to drug use, tested positive, almost killed someone in a hit and run, yet they boo a well spoken, well dressed respectful man.

If racism had anything to do with it, Sherdog would love Conor........yet he is one of the most hated people on here. GSP is probably the MMA goat, yet casuals know nothing about him and he's been innactive for what?? 4 years??

First of all, you are applying a bunch of arguments that I didn't make. I argued that black fighters generally are not very popular on Sherdog. That is true. Nowhere did I argue that everyone always hates the black fighters or nobody ever boos a white fighter.

Also, the common argument that the people who are actually willing to discuss race are the most racist segments of the population because they are "contributing" to the problem by acknowledging that it exists, has to be some of the dumbest shit I have ever heard. Now move along...

That's an insult to Rashad Evans - when Rashad was champ he was undefeated and until a few years ago had only ever lost to the cream of the crop.

Woodley is lucky - he will lose his next fight - most of the top 10 beats him (If he and Magny ever fought in a five round fight, I will put £1000 on Magny beating him and post it here for you all to see).

Yes I am butt-hurt as fuck but I am man enough to admit when my ass is sore.

Yeah, "Shad" is a great nick name. Really awesome.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Tyrun is nothing like Rashad. Rashad real. Tyrun fake as hell and scared to fight #1.

I hope Tyrun gets his wish and the Canadian blanket comes down and makes sweet love to him for 45-50 and Tyrun will literally never get another title shot again. All fighters will remember his bullshit.

I always liked Shad and he never said any of the world class dumb and cringey shit Woodley has. At least not that I remember. I think people just disliked him on TUF because he was cocky. Not

Back