Tyron Woodley is the new Rashad Evans

No black fighter gets tons of love on Sherdog. When Cormier and Woodley were nobodies, people would point to how nobody hates on them all the time as evidence that race doesn't play a part in how some people perceive Jones. A few years later and Cormier & Woodley aren't very popular as champions.

I really don't get why Cormier isn't popular, dudes awesome.

I really don't get why Cormier isn't popular, dudes awesome.
Nice guys finish last in this sport. Assholes like conor and JJ are most popular. At least in American Audience. I loved Rashad and Daniel. Class acts great fighters. Wish Daniel was 10 years younger. Sadly age will start catching him soon.

Nice guys finish last in this sport. Assholes like conor and JJ are most popular. At least in American Audience. I loved Rashad and Daniel. Class acts great fighters. Wish Daniel was 10 years younger. Sadly age will start catching him soon.

Yea I hear you. I think GSP is the only nice guy to be popular in this sport in a really long time.

First of all, you are applying a bunch of arguments that I didn't make. I argued that black fighters generally are not very popular on Sherdog. That is true. Nowhere did I argue that everyone always hates the black fighters or nobody ever boos a white fighter.

Also, the common argument that the people who are actually willing to discuss race are the most racist segments of the population because they are "contributing" to the problem by acknowledging that it exists, has to be some of the dumbest shit I have ever heard. Now move along...

It is amazing to me when a black fighter is not well liked other reasons get brushed aside and racism is the default. It always seems are a great back fall for every argument.

Second, racism is never going to die whether you ignore it or talk about it openly. It's just people that like to talk about it always use it as the default and ignore every other reason.

Third, regardless of your skin color, an asshole is an asshole and racism is used as a crutch because the race card CAN be pulled.

Sherdog's main audience is white, is it so wrong for a white person to cheer for a white fighter and dislike the other fighter when it's oh so right for a black sherdog user to like a black fighter and dislike a white fighter.

Get the fuck out of here with that double standard.....move along yourself....

No black fighter gets tons of love on Sherdog. When Cormier and Woodley were nobodies, people would point to how nobody hates on them all the time as evidence that race doesn't play a part in how some people perceive Jones. A few years later and Cormier & Woodley aren't very popular as champions.

Anderson Silva? Rampage was pretty popular as well.

That's an insult to Rashad Evans - when Rashad was champ he was undefeated and until a few years ago had only ever lost to the cream of the crop.

Woodley is lucky - he will lose his next fight - most of the top 10 beats him (If he and Magny ever fought in a five round fight, I will put £1000 on Magny beating him and post it here for you all to see).

Yes I am butt-hurt as fuck but I am man enough to admit when my ass is sore.
<mma4>

I remember this board when Shad knocked out Chuck and fully arrived as the man, the same angst on the board was directed at him as is now directed at Tyron. They even have a similar style, wrestler with heavy right hands.

Both confident, well spoken, athletic. People didn't like Shad at first but Brown Suga grew on people and eventually became a fan favorite. So don't count Tyron out yet, he may just become a rooting favorite in teh future

You mean black dudes with mediocre personality knocking out working class white american heroes?

That's the kind of thing that would make sherdoggers cry out in pain and agony of white suffering.

Rashad was definitely hated more then than Woodley is now.

Robbie is beloved, but Chuck was idolized.
Yeah, plus Rashad had that whole show boating thing follow him around for a while post TUF. On top of brutally slaying Chuck. Lot of ire was fired his way.

Anderson Silva? Rampage was pretty popular as well.
Anderson was more respected than loved, he was impossible to ignore.
Rampage went from awesome and funny to not awesome and whiney quickly after he lost the belt.

WONDERBOYS COMIN SAN

tumblr_mdq2m9VX281ry1rm7o4_r2_400.gif

Waaaaah waaaaaah everyone's racist. Yeah the op's stupid but we're not all racist. This shit gets old

This thread was done a few days ago and Rashad never ducked anyone.

He totally is. Pretty soon we'll get a Wood-face via a karate guy.

You forgot to mention they're both black. :D

Wrestler with heavy hands also describes Ryan Bader, Johny Hendricks, Chad Mendes, and Chris Weidman.

Confident, well spoken, and athletic also describes GSP, McGOAT, and Dominick Cruz.

You meant to say they have all those things in common AND they're both black.

Back