Tyron Woodley is the new Rashad Evans

You forgot to mention they're both black. :D

Wrestler with heavy hands also describes Ryan Bader, Johny Hendricks, Chad Mendes, and Chris Weidman.

Confident, well spoken, and athletic also describes GSP, McGOAT, and Dominick Cruz.

You meant to say they have all those things in common AND they're both black.

Lol pretty much. These fools here smh

Nice guys finish last in this sport. Assholes like conor and JJ are most popular. At least in American Audience. I loved Rashad and Daniel. Class acts great fighters. Wish Daniel was 10 years younger. Sadly age will start catching him soon.

How is Rashad a class act?

He's the guy that would showboat and taunt his opponents DURING fights on TUF.

He slapped Forrest and grabbed his crotch when they fought. He was even talking smack to Machida right before the fight-ending flurry.

Tyron Woodley is Kimbo Slice and Rashad Evans' love child.

I remember when brother Rashad almost killed Chuck. the hate he got was insane. Brother Woodley almost killed another Sherdog favorite....so its expected for him to get hate. All we need is him to ko wonderful boy and it will become crazy in here

Woodley doesn't remind me of anyone.

i kind of like his shit talking though

How is Rashad a class act?

He's the guy that would showboat and taunt his opponents DURING fights on TUF.

He slapped Forrest and grabbed his crotch when they fought. He was even talking smack to Machida right before the fight-ending flurry.

Hmmmmm. Lots of other fighters get passes for shit like this, but surely you already have an excuse for that.

there setting up a fight with GSP. that's why I asked. Uninformed white belt fuck.

I knew that. I was just informing you that is what the thought of that poster was and he posted that before any of us were informed that a GSP Woodley fight was in the works. Douche bag :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:.

I knew that. I was just informing you that is what the thought of that poster was and he posted that before any of us were informed that a GSP Woodley fight was in the works. Douche bag :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:.

no you didn't. you just fuckboyed all over the place instead. choke on a dick. y'know, like your normal Tuesday.

It is amazing to me when a black fighter is not well liked other reasons get brushed aside and racism is the default. It always seems are a great back fall for every argument.

Second, racism is never going to die whether you ignore it or talk about it openly. It's just people that like to talk about it always use it as the default and ignore every other reason.

Third, regardless of your skin color, an asshole is an asshole and racism is used as a crutch because the race card CAN be pulled.

Sherdog's main audience is white, is it so wrong for a white person to cheer for a white fighter and dislike the other fighter when it's oh so right for a black sherdog user to like a black fighter and dislike a white fighter.

Get the fuck out of here with that double standard.....move along yourself....

Racism is not the default reason: I am acknowledging that it is one in many factors that vary from person to person. I am pointing out a trend that no black fighter is a fan favorite on Sherdog: you can infer from that what you will. I guess Rashad Evans, Cormier, Woodley, Jones, Anderson Silva, and Rampage were all generally disliked around here JUST because they have the common characteristic of being an asshole. /sarcasm

As a white man, I don't pull other fighters based on race. I was pointing out a trend without making moral judgement based on that trend. Nowhere did I say anything about right and wrong: you drew that conclusion for yourself. Seeing as how racism was a sociological construction based on pseudo science in the 18th century, I don't buy the idea that racism is some innate human characteristic.

Anderson Silva? Rampage was pretty popular as well.

Silva has always had a vocal amount of haters on this board despite being a GOAT candidate and the most spectacular finisher in UFC history. It even took a while before he became a draw. As for Rampage, he always got tons of shit for being a "crybaby" and "lazy" despite being on of the best 205ers of all time.

They both have overly loud screaming family members in the crowd. Damn shads wife was the loudest person I've ever heard during a UFC fight
Lol so true. I think Shad divorced her over it lol

I remember this board when Shad knocked out Chuck and fully arrived as the man, the same angst on the board was directed at him as is now directed at Tyron. They even have a similar style, wrestler with heavy right hands.

Both confident, well spoken, athletic. People didn't like Shad at first but Brown Suga grew on people and eventually became a fan favorite. So don't count Tyron out yet, he may just become a rooting favorite in teh future

The two have superficial similarities but aren't really alike.

Rashad was much more hated than Woodley at the time simply because he was a freaking blanket. Rashad was a decisionator before the Chuck and Forrest KOs and a lot of the hate for him comes from that.

Rashad could become a decisionator because he has 10x the cardio Woodley has. Woodley favors quick fast fights rather than the long game Rashad tends to play.

Don't lump them together just because of some superficial similarities.

No black fighter gets tons of love on Sherdog. When Cormier and Woodley were nobodies, people would point to how nobody hates on them all the time as evidence that race doesn't play a part in how some people perceive Jones. A few years later and Cormier & Woodley aren't very popular as champions.

Rampage was almost universally liked, same with Randleman and Crazy Horse. I hear Woodley being criticized for not wanting the clear #1 contender, but that is a legitimate gripe. Cormier has been extremely boring, and is hearing similar criticism to what GSP got. As for the Jones wasn't liked because of racism, just stop. The guy was an unparalleled phony Christian of 80's TV evangelist proportions, and what people with street smarts were reading into was there, but worse.

Anderson was more respected than loved, he was impossible to ignore.
Rampage went from awesome and funny to not awesome and whiney quickly after he lost the belt.

He had that other thing after he lost the belt too.

Back