Television TV Show Thread

I just saw a show callled The Righteous Gemstones and it was pretty awesome. John Goodman, Danny McBride and Adam Levine as evangelical priest. This Fall just got interesting

I just saw a show callled The Righteous Gemstones and it was pretty awesome. John Goodman, Danny McBride and Adam Levine as evangelical priest. This Fall just got interesting

The preview didn't sell me but I'll probably give it a shot. McBride in some stuff is pretty good, in some he's just too much for me.

Tried the first two episodes of Wu Assassins and this show sucks. One of the worst things I've seen on TV in recent years. Even the worst CW shows is not as bad as Wu Assassins. A few good action cannot save the cheesy quality, cartoonish story and terrible special effects. It's also funny how the show goes out of their way to rationalize why Indonesian Iko Uwais is the star of this Chinese fantasy series.

Just watched the trailer for this and was considering giving it ago. Guess I'll look elsewhere.

Recently discovered HOLEY MOLEY. I love this kind of fun shows. It's an extreme miniature golf competition.

Recently discovered HOLEY MOLEY. I love this kind of fun shows. It's an extreme miniature golf competition.

Me too, but I wish they'd mix it up a little. Not just the same holes every time.
Or at least have a tournament format

Edit: tournament with the winner of each episode of course

Last edited:
Official Trailer for Amazon's Victorian Fantasy Series CARNIVAL ROW Starring Orlando Bloom

Orlando Bloom and Cara Delevingne star in Carnival Row, a Victorian fantasy world filled with mythological immigrant creatures. Feared by humans, they are forbidden to live, love, or fly with freedom. But even in darkness, hope lives, as a human detective and a faerie rekindle a dangerous affair. The city’s uneasy peace collapses when a string of murders reveals a monster no one could imagine. Watch Carnival Row Season 1 this Labor Day weekend.

Season 2 already approved before season 1 airs.

Me too, but I wish they'd mix it up a little. Not just the same holes every time.
Or at least have a tournament format

Edit: tournament with the winner of each episode of course
I agree. But they already have 10 obstacle mini-golf courses, adding a few more could have been difficult.

Titan Games on the other hand had a lot of really cool events and they did a good job of mixing it every episode.

Did you see last week's American Ninja Warrior? That Angry Birds obstacle course was super tough and unfair. They should have put a grip handle on that whatchamacallit where all the ninjas fell.

I agree. But they already have 9 obstacle mini-golf courses, adding a few more could have been difficult.

Titan Games on the other hand had a lot of really cool events and they did a good job of mixing it every episode.

Did you see last week's American Ninja Warrior? That Angry Birds obstacle course was super tough and unfair. They should have put a grip handle on that whatchamacallit where all the ninjas fell.
Yeah, I believe Captain Hindsight has told the course designer the same thing.
I was hoping to see Najee on the Power Tower to get the safety pass. Too bad he was just a little late

Yeah, I believe Captain Hindsight has told the course designer the same thing.
I was hoping to see Najee on the Power Tower to get the safety pass. Too bad he was just a little late
The Ohio city finals was better. Seven got it through (even though Akbar keeps on insisting six only made it on air). Jesse Graff should have just gone to Ohio, lol. She would have made it through as well.

Now on to the National Finals. Let's go! (I'm sick and tired of hearing this catchphrase unless it comes from the non-participant)

Netflix's Live-Action COWBOY BEBOP Series Adds The Gifted's Elena Satine

U70yOG8.jpg

Netflix's live-action adaptation of Cowboy Bebop has cast another key role. Revenge and The Gifted actress Elena Satine will play Julia, a mysterious woman from lead character Spike Spiegel's (John Cho) past. Satine joins a cast that also includes Mustafa Shakir, Daniella Pineda and Alex Hassell.

Julia is described as a sultry beauty with a voice to die for. She's the dreamlike object of Spiegel's desire and struggles to survive in a violent world.

Based on the cult anime series, the streamer's 10-episode adaptation of Cowboy Bebop is a "jazz-inspired, genre-bending story of a ragtag crew of bounty hunters on the run from their pasts as they hunt down the solar system's most dangerous criminals. They'll even save the world … for the right price."

Christopher L. Yost wrote the first episode and is an executive producer. Showrunning and executive producing are Josh Appelbaum, Andre Nemec, Jeff Pinkner and Scott Rosenberg of Midnight Radio, the banner behind the shows Limetown, High Fidelity and Knightfall.

Also executive producing are Marty Adelstein and Becky Clements of Tomorrow Studios; Yasuo Miyakawa, Masayuki Ozaki and Shin Sasaki of Sunrise Inc.; and Tetsu Fujimura and Matthew Weinberg. Shinichiro Watanabe, director of the original anime series, is a consultant.

The series is a co-production of Netflix and Tomorrow Studios, with the streamer handling physical production.

Satine's credits also include CBS All Access' Strange Angel, Starz's Magic City and guest roles on Agents of SHIELD and Twin Peaks.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/l...-1233829?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

MS. MARVEL Live-Action TV Series in the Works at Disney+

IKzmO5N.jpg

With Captain Marvel flying high on the big screen, Marvel Studios is now focusing on its other marvelous heroine, Ms. Marvel.

Marvel is developing a live-action series for Disney+, its upcoming streaming service, based on its acclaimed comic Ms. Marvel, hiring British writer Bisha K. Ali to write and act as showrunner. Ali is a comedian who is currently a staff writer on Hulu’s remake of Four Weddings and a Funeral.

The show may be announced during Friday’s Disney+ presentation. Marvel had no comment.

Ms. Marvel as a comic and heroine has existed since 1976, with the character Carol Danvers using the name for her crime-fighting escapades. Several other characters have briefly taken up the mantle, and Danvers herself became Captain Marvel in 2012.

The latest incarnation, and the one the show will be focusing on, is a teenager named Kamela Khan. Khan broke ground by becoming Marvel’s first Muslim character to lead her own comics title. Her identity as a Pakistani-American living in a religious family in New Jersey whilst trying to find her own way has been a major focus of the stories. Her powers have been described as polymorphous, meaning she has the ability to stretch and change her shape.

The comic has appeared on numerous year-end top 10 lists and won a Hugo Award for best graphic story in 2015.

No timetable has been set for the show, and it's unclear whether the show will fit into the larger Marvel Cinematic Universe. Marvel is developing several other shows for the streamer that will be tied to the MCU. These include The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, to debut in late 2020; WandaVision, to debut in spring 2021; Loki, also for early 2021; and Hawkeye, for late 2021.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/ms-marvel-series-works-disney-1234216

MOON KNIGHT, SHE-HULK, MS. MARVEL Live-Action TV Series in the Works

ECsRbhFVAAE6Ymn

ECsRlzNU8AAFC3-

ECsRU38U0AA95fD

Marvel Studios confirmed three new series in the works for Disney+ at D23: She Hulk, Moon Knight and Ms. Marvel.

She-Hulk — AKA attorney Jennifer Walters, cousin to Bruce Banner, whose blood transfusion was responsible for her powers — first appeared in 1980’s The Savage She-Hulk No. 1, and was the last major Marvel character co-created by Stan Lee. After her original series ended after two years, she became a member of both the Avengers and the Fantastic Four as the character developed more of a distinct personality from her male counterpart, gaining a stronger sense of humor and intelligence and deciding that she preferred being super-strong and green permanently — or, at least, as much as possible. (Unlike the male Hulk, She-Hulk traditionally maintains her smarts and personality when Hulked out.)

Moon Knight — who showed up as a good guy in 1975’s Werewolf by Night No. 32 — is the vigilante alter ego of mercenary Marc Spector, but it’s actually more complicated than that: Spector also has a couple of other alter egos (millionaire Steven Grant and cab driver Jake Lockley) that may or may not be separate, alternate personalities, and the same may be true of Khonshu, the Egyptian deity who is either guiding Spector through his costumed adventures or a figment of Spector’s imagination. In recent years, another persona has emerged: “Mr. Knight,” a police consultant who dresses in all white and wears a mask while solving unusual crimes.

Ahead of the panel, The Hollywood Reporter broke the news Friday that Ms. Marvel is in development with British writer Bisha K. Ali to write and act as showrunner.

Also in the panel, Feige touted the alternate reality animated series What If…?, which will hit summer 2021 and stars Jeffrey Wright voicing the all-seeing Watcher. It takes key moments from the MCU, with one key difference for each event that spins off into new stories. Feige showed off the first footage, which showed images of things like a Zombie Captain America and Peggy Carter (Hayley Atwell) taking on the mantle of Captain America, calling herself Captain Carter. It also appeared that one episode featured Tony Stark as Guardians of the Galaxy character Star-Lord.

"I am the Watcher. I am your guide through these vast new realities," Wright said in voice over. "Follow me and dare to face the unknown and ponder the question, What If….?"

Next came a brief discussion of Loki, which centers on Tom Hiddleston's trickster god and will debut on Disney+ in spring 2021. Though Loki died in Avengers: Infinity War, this show will follow the version of the character who in Endgame stole an Infinity Stone and teleported away.

"It's your boundless enthusiasm and you're support that means Loki has more story left to tell," Hiddleston said in a video message." "It will never stop surprising and delighting me that you think he is cool."

Feige next brought out the cast of Falcon & Winter Soldier, which stars Anthony Mackie, Sebastian Stan, Daniel Brühl and Emily VanCamp, will bow in fall 2020. He also revealed that Wyatt Russell will play John Walker in the series. Feige asked him to tell him something about the character, but the actor declined, citing secrecy.

Introduced as “Super Patriot” in 1986’s Captain America No. 323, John Walker was the U.S. government’s choice to replace Steve Rogers as Captain America. More hardline and violent than the original Cap, he didn’t last long in the job, but remained a government agent under the name U.S.Agent, eventually becoming a respected hero inside the Marvel Universe, and a fan-favorite character in the real world.

WandaVision, starring Elizabeth Olsen and Paul Bettany, debuts in spring 2021 and take place after Avengers: Endgame as Wanda Maximoff deals with the loss of her partner, Vision. In addition to Olsen and Bettany, the Captain Marvel character Monica Rambeau, who was a child in that '90s-set film, will appear as an adult and be played by Teyonah Parris. New casting includes Kat Dennings, Randall Park and Kathryn Hahn.

Filming hasn't started, but the team showed off a small teaser. It began with a 1950s TV set showing images from the Dick Van Dyke Show intercut with old scenes of Wanda and Vision together in previous MCU movies.

Unlike corporate sibling Lucasfilm, which will soon be giving Star Wars a big screen break for several years as it focuses on Disney+, Marvel Studios' is continuing to release both films and series, with its streaming services intertwined with its theatrical releases. It's upcoming series include Falcon & Winter Soldier, WandaVision, Loki, What If...? and Hawkeye.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...-shows-including-she-hulk-moon-knight-1232742

BREAKING BAD Movie Title Revealed; Announcement Trailer and Poster Released

Breaking Bad's feature-length movie is headed to Netflix this fall. El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie will debut on the streamer Friday, Oct. 11 and later air on AMC, with Aaron Paul returning as meth cook Jesse Pinkman, according to a release from Netflix.

The official synopsis from Netflix read, "In the wake of his dramatic escape from captivity, Jesse must come to terms with his past in order to forge some kind of future."

Last we saw Paul's Pinkman, he was driving off from a Nazi compound to an unknown location.

The streamer confirmed that the thriller film will be written and directed by Vince Gilligan, the creator of Breaking Bad.

breaking_bad_movie_poster_-_embed_-_publicity_-_2019.jpg

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/breaking-bad-movie-headed-netflix-fall-1234318

I read there's to be a new Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends, but super deformed CGI with sidekicks Miles Morales and Spider-Gwen.

Marvel's MOON GIRL AND DEVIL DINOSAUR Cartoon Headed to Disney Channel

moon_girl_and_devil_dinosaur_-_publicity_-_h_2019.jpg

What’s got four legs, four arms, a bright red tail, a genius-level IQ and a new animated series? Marvel Entertainment’s Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur, announced this afternoon at D23 Expo and headed to Disney Channel in 2020.

Adapted from the 2016 Marvel comic book series of the same name, Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur follows the adventures of 13-year-old Lunella Lafayette — one of the smartest people in the world, although not everyone believes her — and Devil, her pet dinosaur, who arrived in the present day thanks to an accidental time vortex. The concept is an updated take on Captain America and X-Men co-creator Jack Kirby’s 1978 Devil Dinosaur comic book series.

The new animated series will come from Disney Television Animation, with Laurence Fishburne and Helen Sugland’s Cinema Gypsy Productions as executive producers alongside Marvel Animation & Family Entertainment and Kim Possible producer Steve Loter. Jeff Howard and Kate Kondell will serve as co-producers and story editors.

"As an avid comic book fan, I am thrilled to be involved with Marvel's Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur,” Fishburne said in a statement. “Disney Channel is the perfect platform to explore this pint-sized female African American superhero and I can't wait for their audience to enjoy the lighthearted adventures of Lunella and Devil Dinosaur.”

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/l...inosaur-cartoon-headed-disney-channel-1234225

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back