Television TV Show Thread

Jeff Goldblum, who stars in and hosts "The World According to Jeff Goldblum" from National Geographic, gave fans a peek inside the series including a new trailer for the show. Through Goldblum's always inquisitive and highly entertaining mind, nothing is as it seems in this new 12-episode series.

Anybody else watching HYPERDRIVE. The show is like Fast & Furious meets American Ninja Warrior. I had fun watching the first few drivers compete, it was getting stale afterwards but got interested again when they changed the obstacle courses every lap. Overall, I was enterained and impressed with the driving skills of the drivers.

@Ignicious ?

Anybody else watching HYPERDRIVE. The show is like Fast & Furious meets American Ninja Warrior. I had fun watching the first few drivers compete, it was getting stale afterwards but got interested again when they changed the obstacle courses every lap. Overall, I was enterained and impressed with the driving skills of the drivers.

@Ignicious ?

Nope sorry. Cars belong on the streets, not on my TV screen. I've worked at a gas station for over twelve years, and have learned that people who are really into cars, are not #mypeople.

Me and the wife are finally finishing up season 2 of The Magicians.

When watching season one, we both felt lost episode to episode. There was no logical progression from plot point to plot point. There was just too much information to try to dump on us, and there was little or no transitioning from episode to episode. We felt it could have been a better first season if it was split into two. The season one finale should have been discovering who The Beast was, and why he became what he became, and the season two finale should have been the actual showdown with him.

Season two, however, is pretty good. It's much better than the first. I'm told that season three is even better?
Honestly that's how I felt during the first season. Also the magic system in that show is what I like to call a "fuck it magic system". Meaning you have no real understanding of the laws, techniques, power and limits of the magic work. My final point about the show was how weird the school setting felt. Honestly it felt like it wasn't even to relevant, it felt like a weakness rather than a strength.

Apu isn't going anywhere!

Back in 2017, the internet was on flames regarding the push to ban Apu from The Simpson's under 'stereotyping' a specific race. While many people were quite divided on the issue, we now have confirmation that Apu will not be leaving us.
Variety has reported that when speaking to Matt Groening, The Simpson's creator, about Apu and whether or not the character will be written out of the show, he responded with "Yes. We love Apu. We're proud of Apu." On top of this, Groening says he takes the matter "Very seriously" and that "I don't want to offend people but we also want to be funny. We don't want to be totally politically correct. That has never been us. It's given us a lot of thought." Back in 2018, Groening commented on the outrage about Apu, saying "People love to pretend they're offended" and that this is just another "outrage of the week". "I think particularly right now, people feel so aggrieved and crazed and powerless that they're picking the wrong battles." 30 Seasons of The Simpson's will be available on Disney+ once it releases, as well as a bunch of other content - more on that here.
https://www.tweaktown.com/news/67319/matt-groening-were-proud-apu-remove-simpsons/index.html

source.gif

American Ninja Warrior - National Finals night one

Aargh so frustrating to watch...
Jesse Labreck fail the course so close to the end, and on the cargo net... again. She had plenty of time but choked. At least a lot of my favorites made it through to Stage 2.

Oh well, I will always be a fan of LaBreck. Her Ninja vs. Ninja performance was legit, going up against and beating the top male competitors.

October 6th, it is! I really have to see how this ends to say whether it's my #1 or #2.

Mr. Robot's creator will also have a new show called Briarpatch with Rosario Dawson. I wasn't aware of the novel behind it when it was announced, but the story is just so good.

Somehow I'm bummed that Julia Roberts won't be in Season 2 of Homecoming (epic Hitchcock-style Amazon mini-series, also by Mr. Robot creator Sam Esmail)
https://tvline.com/2019/07/23/janelle-monae-homecoming-season-2-cast/

Not much of a television watcher, but holy shit did Mindhunter just grab me by the juevos immediately. Watched all the episodes in 3 days. Would watch again 10/10

Not much of a television watcher, but holy shit did Mindhunter just grab me by the juevos immediately. Watched all the episodes in 3 days. Would watch again 10/10
I was recommended this when I was looking for shows like True Detective. It's awesome.

This looks awesome. Oct. 7 premiere date. Can't wait.

Mr dragon

Do you know when the new season of peaky blinders hits netflix

And no i wont google it

For rea . I loved it too. Might have to check out TD then. I heard its good.
The 1st season is the best thing I've ever watched, along with Mr. Robot. Followed closely by the 3rd then the 2nd. All of them were memorable in their own ways.

The 1st season is the best thing I've ever watched, along with Mr. Robot. Followed closely by the 3rd then the 2nd. All of them were memorable in their own ways.

Same except I havent watched season 3 yet and 2 was meh. First season blew me away and I own it now and have watched it fully 3 or 4 times which is alot for me.

Mr dragon

Do you know when the new season of peaky blinders hits netflix

And no i wont google it
Without googling it also, I would say the new season will premiere in 2024.

"Peaky Blinders Season 5 will make its Netflix debut on Friday, Oct. 4, after it first premieres on BBC One, on Sunday, Aug. 25."

Without googling it also, I would say the new season will premiere in 2024.

"Peaky Blinders Season 5 will make its Netflix debut on Friday, Oct. 4, after it first premieres on BBC One, on Sunday, Aug. 25."
<GinJuice>

Back